Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 157382 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2825 on: July 05, 2020, 03:01:25 am »
@Hoodat

Maybe they just ain't trying hard enough? Nobody killed in a auto accident,drive by shooting,drug OD,etc,etc,etc.

How about natural deaths? Nobody in their 70's,80's,or 90's dying they can tag as a virus death?
Sounds like the infected cohort is younger. (No one under 40 has died of the virus in this State).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2826 on: July 05, 2020, 03:14:41 am »
07-02-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  12.262 ↑   1.691 ↓
United States  8.904 ↑  2.387 ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Change in daily deaths from 7 days ago:  -132

Top 5 for new cases in order TX, FL, CA, AZ, and GA.

As cases continue to rise, death continue to fall.

With all due respect for you....I don't believe any stats from anywhere.  We still have other flu's in our country. Cancer, heart attack, lung issues, and they ALL "died" from covid.  Snark.  I read , 1.5 MILLION people died from diabetes, alone.  Who knows what is the truth anymore, out there.   George Floyd had covid.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2827 on: July 06, 2020, 01:27:25 am »
@Hoodat

Maybe they just ain't trying hard enough? Nobody killed in a auto accident,drive by shooting,drug OD,etc,etc,etc.

How about natural deaths? Nobody in their 70's,80's,or 90's dying they can tag as a virus death?

@Hoodat  @Smokin Joe

UPDATE! I did see a news report on NBC this morning about a 96 year old veteran that died from corona-virus complications in a old-folks home yesterday. It further said he had also been suffering from (IIRC) heart disease and respiratory problems.

Just think,if it hadn't been for that damn virus,he would have been out tonight partying with 19 year old hookers,and probably lived to be 150!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2828 on: July 06, 2020, 02:49:12 am »
07-03-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  12.569 ↑   1.655 ↓
United States    9.236 ↑   2.336 ↓

14-day recovery deficit - 918,137
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2829 on: July 06, 2020, 02:55:31 am »
07-04-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  12.711 ↑   1.649 ↓
United States    9.355 ↑   2.340 ↑

Largest case rises occurred in FL, TX, CA, AZ, and GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  -244.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2830 on: July 06, 2020, 02:59:22 am »
07-05-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  12.869 ↑   1.639 ↓
United States    9.526 ↑   2.329 ↓

Largest case rises occurred in FL, TX, CA, GA, and AZ.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  -258.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2831 on: July 06, 2020, 03:01:12 am »
Sounds like the infected cohort is younger. (No one under 40 has died of the virus in this State).

In FL we just had an 8 year-old die of the virus and last week a 17 year old.  Average age now of those being infected is 45.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2832 on: July 06, 2020, 03:10:10 am »
07-06-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  12.932 ↑   1.643 ↑
United States    9.727 ↑    2.313 ↓

Largest case rises occurred in FL, TX, CA, AZ, and GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  -34

14-day Recovery Deficit - 934,542

Number of media outlets reporting dramatic decrease in deaths - zero.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2833 on: July 06, 2020, 10:56:19 pm »
Sweden's deaths are way down.  Only a few per day at this point.  After the ridiculous lockdowns, we'll probably end up with the same mortality plus trillions in debt and bankruptcies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2834 on: July 06, 2020, 11:18:27 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2835 on: July 07, 2020, 12:17:20 am »

@Bigun

And,there it is.

NO mask can prevent you from catching the virus. It's a freaking virus. It travels though the air,gets on car,house,and public door handles,toilet seats,counters/tables,chair backs,etc,etc,etc.

To completely avoid it,you would have to seal yourself in a bio chamber and radiate any food brought in to you as well as the container.

Then,guess what happens? You never get a chance for your body to produce any of the anti-bodies that COULD prevent you from catching it the next time it comes around.

As a wise man once noted,"The biggest cause of death is life."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2836 on: July 07, 2020, 12:23:02 am »
Sweden's deaths are way down.  Only a few per day at this point.  After the ridiculous lockdowns, we'll probably end up with the same mortality plus trillions in debt and bankruptcies.

Correctamundo.  The spread of this virus was inevitable.  The destruction of our economy only delayed it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2838 on: July 07, 2020, 05:56:21 pm »
Death total for July 5 has retroactively been adjusted upward by 32 with zero accounting (or even notice) of where those extra 32 deaths came from.

07-07-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  13.003 ↑   1.645 ↑
United States    9.964 ↑    2.295 ↓

Largest case rises occurred in TX, CA, FL, AZ, and NC.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  -511

14-day Recovery Deficit - 930,227

Total US deaths reported (at 0 GMT 7/07) - 132,979 (still shown as +379, but it is 410 higher than previous day total.)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2841 on: July 08, 2020, 03:53:56 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2842 on: July 08, 2020, 04:45:21 pm »

@Bigun

ROFLMAO! Good one!

Going to steal the hell out of it,to email to people on my email list.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2843 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:45 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

« Reply #2844 on: July 08, 2020, 11:52:52 pm »

Lock downs certainly did major damage. But I'm not convinced the majority of people wouldn't have hid out in their homes anyway doing a substantial amount of economic damage anyway. It was a damned if you damned if you don't situation. It is still unclear to me where government short of the legislature had the authority to lock down anyone.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2845 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:41 am »

A very valid point.    I trust no one.  Here is an article stating that a mouth swab is more effective.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200427/saliva-covid-test-alternative-to-deep-nasal-swab#1
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:11:07 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2846 on: July 09, 2020, 01:26:42 am »
You know, I've been pondering something: everyone is talking about how young people are the ones getting the virus in this wave (what I call the Mexican wave).

You all remember when the Italian wave hit New York, they ordered the strict lockdown, the stay-home order and all. Well, most twentysomethings live alone, or with their parents. Far fewer have married and started families than was the case in previous generations. But in March when everything was suddenly shut down, that triggered a mass panic. I know many people in their 20s and 30s who moved back in with their parents to wait out the pandemic. They were out partying days, weeks before and brought that virus back home to their extended families. Thus the higher rates of illness among older people, and thus the higher rates of death.

But now, with things opening up, twentysomethings are now largely spreading the virus among each other, and since the panic has subsided for the most part, they feel free to socialize with people their own age again. So even though the case counts are quite high, the mortality rate is dropping because they're not taking it home to their more vulnerable family members.

I remember Cuomo alluding to this when the Italian wave was at its peak, that the hard lockdown was a mistake for that very reason.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2847 on: July 09, 2020, 03:46:53 am »
07-08-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  13.294 ↑   1.6419↓
United States   10.113 ↑    2.286 ↓

Largest case rises occurred in TX, CA, FL, AZ, and GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +229

14-day Recovery Deficit - 935,333

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2848 on: July 09, 2020, 03:54:59 am »
07-09-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  13.491 ↑   1.605↓
United States   10.327 ↑    2.268 ↓

Largest case rises occurred in TX, FL, CA, AZ, and GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +214.

Over 1/3 of new deaths occurred in CA, TX, and NJ.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 935,013

US reported Recovery-to-death ratio has climbed above 10.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2849 on: July 09, 2020, 08:26:48 pm »
I grew up in Nederland and went to school with some of these guys. 

Mr. Westbrook’s Last Song

The spring semester is always a whirlwind for Michael Westbrook and the Hardin-Jefferson High School band. Up until mid-March, this year was no different. The 54-year-old band director was busy preparing his students for regional concert and sight-reading competitions in April. He was also working with a smaller group of kids who were headed to Austin for prestigious state solo and small-ensemble contests in May.

The concert band was hard at work on three pieces, including one called Redemption, a sweeping, romantic composition that had brought Westbrook to tears the first time his students played it. “Whenever we would play a new piece of music, he’d tell us a little backstory on it, and sometimes he would get emotional,” said Abby Thomas, a senior band officer and a student of Westbrook’s since fourth grade. “We always said, if Westbrook cries, we’re all gonna cry.”

Hardin-Jefferson ISD is a small district of 2,300 students near Beaumont. Westbrook, who grew up in Nederland and graduated from Lamar University, had served as a band director in Hardin-Jefferson for thirteen years and had become a beloved—and indispensable—member of the community. Middle-school band director Marshall Swift, whom Westbrook hired for his first teaching job in 2017, considered him a mentor. “He taught me how to be kind and compassionate and how to take things in stride, even when it’s difficult,” he said.

More: https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/first-coronavirus-death-southeast-texas/?fbclid=IwAR0P5sNTFQ_wlB82Pcx1NwJJMtExOBD3kr3VKXvrYqqA1cWbu3M3lEhqsnQ] [url]https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/first-coronavirus-death-southeast-texas/?fbclid=IwAR0P5sNTFQ_wlB82Pcx1NwJJMtExOBD3kr3VKXvrYqqA1cWbu3M3lEhqsnQ[/url]