Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158744 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2600 on: June 04, 2020, 05:56:43 pm »

Largest case rises occurred in CA, TX, and FL.

Which happen to be the 3 largest states by population.  I think we are getting some statistical stabilization of managment of the disease.  Have you checked the Hopkins site, and clicked the daily case rate?   If you put a semi-looking correlation line since peak (April 10th + or -) , new cases approach zero by late fall.  Of course, will there be a second wave???? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2601 on: June 04, 2020, 08:09:11 pm »
Which happen to be the 3 largest states by population.  I think we are getting some statistical stabilization of managment of the disease. 

Info was posted to show a shift in exposure.  NY, NJ, MA, and IL have been at the top for a long while.  We are now seeing their rates of infection fall as other areas rise.  Sure, Texas is going to boast a higher number than Oklahoma or New Mexico.  But overall, Texas ranks 39th among the States in cases per 1M population.  Florida 36th and California 33rd.  Just pointing out that NY and NJ are no longer the hot spots they once were.

I haven't been logging a history of daily stats for each State.  I'll check out what Hopkins has.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #2602 on: June 04, 2020, 08:18:30 pm »
So...

If there's another wave of sickness in a week from the protesters not social distancing during their "activities", can we call them terrorist like they were calling other people who just wanted to go to church or a movie? After all we were told that those who went out and didn't social distance properly were threats to everyone else and were bad citizens, being selfish, etc.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2603 on: June 05, 2020, 12:03:21 am »
This has to be a statistical glitch. Every single COVID death in the state yesterday was outside NYC??? *bouche*

NYC reports no new coronavirus deaths for first time since mid-March

https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/nyc-reports-no-new-coronavirus-deaths-for-first-time-since-mid-march/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2604 on: June 05, 2020, 02:24:56 am »
Dr. Ray Casciari, Pulmonologist--KFI AM 640 probably biggest os Angeles Station*-Tim Conway Jr

Stated very fast track on vacinne, late this year. Testing in Brazil.

*possibly in the entire West.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2605 on: June 05, 2020, 04:19:03 am »
06-04-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  8.770 ↑  1.912 ↓
United States  6.310 ↑  2.762 ↓
China 16.900 -  1.060 -

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  -452

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 794,911
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 43.2 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 48.1 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US Recoveries-to-Deaths ratio climbs above 6.  US 14-day deficit has fallen over 60,000 over the last four days.  Good news.

Largest case rises occurred in CA, TX, and FL.
Makes a guy wonder what those numbers would look like without the padding of deaths here in the US.

Daughter is still in ICU, MRSA and Pneumonia, off the ventilator, but due to stay for IV antibiotics a while (doing much better, thank to all for their prayers and good wishes). She was tested multiple times for COVID (negative, each time).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #2606 on: June 05, 2020, 04:47:56 am »
Makes a guy wonder what those numbers would look like without the padding of deaths here in the US.

Daughter is still in ICU, MRSA and Pneumonia, off the ventilator, but due to stay for IV antibiotics a while (doing much better, thank to all for their prayers and good wishes). She was tested multiple times for COVID (negative, each time).

@Smokin Joe your daughter is in ICU???

I missed that earlier. Very sorry to hear that. So glad to hear she's improving! They don't think it is Covid so what do they think it is? Could it be a mutation of Covid that no longer correlates to the COVID19 test criteria?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2607 on: June 05, 2020, 04:54:57 am »
@Smokin Joe your daughter is in ICU???

I missed that earlier. Very sorry to hear that. So glad to hear she's improving! They don't think it is Covid so what do they think it is? Could it be a mutation of Covid that no longer correlates to the COVID19 test criteria?
As I said, not COVID. All tests have come back negative for COVID, and she was retested a few times.

Between MRSA (with sepsis) and bilateral pneumonia, she was in tough shape.

Billions of people died of nasty stuff long before the Chinese made SARS-CoV-2.
She is where she needs to be, getting the treatment she needs, and it's working (to our great relief).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2608 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:50 pm »
Was there an announcement that the Pandemic is over?

During my weekly grocery pickup, I noticed close to 90% of all patrons going in and out of the store, were not wearing masks. 

I'm not that brave yet, but it seems like most everyone thinks this thing is over. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2609 on: June 05, 2020, 04:04:38 pm »

During my weekly grocery pickup, I noticed close to 90% of all patrons going in and out of the store, were not wearing masks. 

I'm not that brave yet, but it seems like most everyone thinks this thing is over.

I do not wear masks and not going to start now but I do take 1gm of vitamin C every day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2610 on: June 05, 2020, 04:07:13 pm »
I do not wear masks and not going to start now but I do take 1gm of vitamin C every day.
Same here but I take the centrum old peoples vitamins... helps my knees...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2611 on: June 05, 2020, 04:32:21 pm »

I went to Phys. Ther. at Hoag Newport Beach. Everybody gets temp taken,, and wears masks.

They said they were just now fully open.

At the beaches,  one group still thinks there is a crisis, and the other group thinks it is over.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2612 on: June 05, 2020, 04:46:02 pm »

I think people have realized that the risk of death is at such a low point that it does not warrant the inconvenience and social stigma of wearing a mask.  Personally, I wear a mask in public because I promised my son I would.  Essentially, my mask is to make everyone else feel better.  But it also serves as a reminder to me for my own diligence in maintaining new habits of hand washing, distancing, etc.  Plus when I travel, I am required to wear one per airline policy and per my own company policy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2613 on: June 05, 2020, 06:29:42 pm »
As I said, not COVID. All tests have come back negative for COVID, and she was retested a few times.

Between MRSA (with sepsis) and bilateral pneumonia, she was in tough shape.

Billions of people died of nasty stuff long before the Chinese made SARS-CoV-2.
She is where she needs to be, getting the treatment she needs, and it's working (to our great relief).

I'm so sorry for what she and your family have been going through, but glad to hear she is on the mend.

My husband went though MRSA / sepsis years ago.  It popped up one week after a heart attack so he obviously picked it up from either IV's or the stent implant procedure the week before. To me, it was much scarier than the heart attack.  Vancomycin worked wonders. It was such a relief when his 104 degree fever broke, which had not budged in three days, during the first IV.   After the first two IV's, he was discharged and we went to his infectious disease MD where the nurse showed me how to hook him up to the IV's and we did the rest (2X / day for 14 days total) at home and even at work.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2614 on: June 05, 2020, 10:37:01 pm »
I'm so sorry for what she and your family have been going through, but glad to hear she is on the mend.

My husband went though MRSA / sepsis years ago.  It popped up one week after a heart attack so he obviously picked it up from either IV's or the stent implant procedure the week before. To me, it was much scarier than the heart attack.  Vancomycin worked wonders. It was such a relief when his 104 degree fever broke, which had not budged in three days, during the first IV.   After the first two IV's, he was discharged and we went to his infectious disease MD where the nurse showed me how to hook him up to the IV's and we did the rest (2X / day for 14 days total) at home and even at work.
I'm not sure what the details are, but she has been told to expect another couple of weeks in hospital if all goes well. She was out for a couple of days before being intubated and sedated, and is coming back. It will take a little while. The hospital is not in a hurry to send her back out.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2615 on: June 06, 2020, 12:32:32 am »
@Smokin Joe

I think I would take my chances with SARS-2 than deal with MRSA.  Stand on her healing in faith as did the Centurion.  Declare it, and create it with your words.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2616 on: June 06, 2020, 12:40:14 am »
@Smokin Joe

I think I would take my chances with SARS-2 than deal with MRSA.  Stand on her healing in faith as did the Centurion.  Declare it, and create it with your words.
I already have, along with over 1000 people praying for her complete recovery. She will be fine, Praise God.

C S Lewis

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2617 on: June 06, 2020, 03:38:16 am »
I'm not sure what the details are, but she has been told to expect another couple of weeks in hospital if all goes well. She was out for a couple of days before being intubated and sedated, and is coming back. It will take a little while. The hospital is not in a hurry to send her back out.

Much more complicated than my hubby's condition due to the double pneumonia. Prayers for all of you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2618 on: June 06, 2020, 07:04:13 am »
Much more complicated than my hubby's condition due to the double pneumonia. Prayers for all of you.
Thanks for the prayers. She is out of the ICU, private (isolation?) room, the pneumonia is getting better, now it's time to beat the MRSA back.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2619 on: June 06, 2020, 10:38:05 am »
Thanks for the prayers. She is out of the ICU, private (isolation?) room, the pneumonia is getting better, now it's time to beat the MRSA back.

?

Did she have MRSA before she was admitted? Or did it arise after? I have an aunt that injured her leg.
Went to her GP (family MD) and contracted MRSA and was hospitalized for that. That they indeed tracked it back to her visit to her GP.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2620 on: June 06, 2020, 12:55:16 pm »
Yesterday, Mr. M had to go to the DMV to get his license renewed. He couldn't go to the office nearest our home because it's been shuttered due to Covid-19. He had to drive an hour to get to another town. He also had to make an appointment and wait in the car until they called him in. Corona, you know.

He said he the "corrective lenses" requirement needs to be removed, as he's had cataract surgery and has the doctor's certificate attesting to his 20/20 vision. The woman said he couldn't do that, he'd have to fill out another form and come back and pay another $35. He reminded her how far he had driven for this, here's the doctor's certificate, why can't you just accept it? No can do, she said, but you can wait until next time you renew in five years, and come back to this office - if we're still under the Covid-19 procedures.

He asked her if she really thought we'd still have Coronavirus restrictions in five years. She allowed as how she didn't really know.
 :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2621 on: June 06, 2020, 12:58:41 pm »

He said he the "corrective lenses" requirement needs to be removed, as he's had cataract surgery and has the doctor's certificate attesting to his 20/20 vision. The woman said he couldn't do that, he'd have to fill out another form and come back and pay another $35. He reminded her how far he had driven for this, here's the doctor's certificate, why can't you just accept it? No can do, she said, but you can wait until next time you renew in five years, and come back to this office - if we're still under the Covid-19 procedures.

He asked her if she really thought we'd still have Coronavirus restrictions in five years. She allowed as how she didn't really know.
 :thud:

The Legend and  stereotype of the DMV grows by the day. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2622 on: June 06, 2020, 01:02:10 pm »
I almost had a panic attack. I saw my drivers license expired in May- then I realized it was 2021. Phew. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2623 on: June 06, 2020, 01:05:33 pm »
I almost had a panic attack. I saw my drivers license expired in May- then I realized it was 2021. Phew.
:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2624 on: June 06, 2020, 01:07:33 pm »

He asked her if she really thought we'd still have Coronavirus restrictions in five years.

@mountaineer

At this point I sure as hell wouldn't bet against that being the case.

The "natural slaves" are enjoying too much seeing others have to cave and become slaves by bowing to public panic,just like them.

Everybody MUST wear red and march in a straight line,dontchaknow?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!