Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158820 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2475 on: May 23, 2020, 01:14:55 pm »
Big Tech censors dissent over coronavirus lockdowns

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2476 on: May 23, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »
I know several bald men who put sunscreen on their heads.

And I know quite a few women who lost hair from either pregnancies or bariatric surgery. There’s also a psychiatric disorder called trictillomania where it’s like ocd and you constantly pull out your hair. They don’t even know they’re doing it.
@musiclady

Right.  If you're bald you need sunscreen.

I hadn't thought of those other conditions, @Gefn, but you're right.  There are several health conditions that result in baldness in women.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2477 on: May 23, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
Now I’m being honest here, if I go out, I stay put for two-three weeks. I go out once a week to take the trash out of course But I keep thinking even though I’m considered healthy, and my BMI is 27 ( thank you quarantine) I’m slightly paranoid to be around people. I just don’t know. So I’ll err on the side of caution.

That's fine and all... But somewhere along that road lies the path to the crazy old cat lady... Jussayin.

I have been alone for vast tracts of my life. And I am alright with that. I am enough of an introvert to be content in solitude, far from everyone. But I know it ain't right. The Father said it is not good for Man to be alone.

So while I prefer solitude, I make it a point to go out. Not a lot, but enough. I still pay my bills in person. I purposefully don't use grocery delivery services. I go walk the aisles.  I go to an event at least twice a month and out to eat at least twice a month (and those two types cannot be combined). And at least ONE of those times, I am accompanied by a lady friend on purpose.

And you know what? In most cases, by far the most, I always have a really good time.

Shabbat Shalom y'all.   happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2478 on: May 23, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »
Big Tech censors dissent over coronavirus lockdowns

They've come to the conclusion that dissent is immoral, and they need to get slapped if we expect them to behave differently.  It will take an act of Congress, I suspect.  The subject could be addressed with a 1st Amendment lawsuit, but I can see them getting off with the bogus "yelling 'fire!' in a crowded theatre" argument.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2479 on: May 23, 2020, 02:40:45 pm »
That's fine and all... But somewhere along that road lies the path to the crazy old cat lady... Jussayin.

I have been alone for vast tracts of my life. And I am alright with that. I am enough of an introvert to be content in solitude, far from everyone. But I know it ain't right. The Father said it is not good for Man to be alone.

So while I prefer solitude, I make it a point to go out. Not a lot, but enough. I still pay my bills in person. I purposefully don't use grocery delivery services. I go walk the aisles.  I go to an event at least twice a month and out to eat at least twice a month (and those two types cannot be combined). And at least ONE of those times, I am accompanied by a lady friend on purpose.

And you know what? In most cases, by far the most, I always have a really good time.

That's always worked for me.  I lucked into marrying another loaner.  "Self-isolating" is a second nature to us. 

Shabbat Shalom y'all.   happy77

And to you as well!  Both of you!

@roamer_1
@Gefn
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2480 on: May 23, 2020, 02:42:12 pm »
@bigheadfred

Ten years ago this November one of my medications causes me to have total renal failure.

It happened literally over about 12 hours, and by the time I was admitted to the hospital I was unconscious and a priest came into my room and offered my parents last rites. (He didn’t know what faith I was).

I spent six weeks in hospital and got dialysis. Fortunately, everything came back. (Knocking wood)

Now I’m being honest here, if I go out, I stay put for two-three weeks. I go out once a week to take the trash out of course But I keep thinking even though I’m considered healthy, and my BMI is 27 ( thank you quarantine) I’m slightly paranoid to be around people. I just don’t know. So I’ll err on the side of caution.

@Gefn

You're not missing much. Most adults are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2481 on: May 23, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »
That's always worked for me.  I lucked into marrying another loaner.  "Self-isolating" is a second nature to us. 

I tend to pick outgoing gals... I suppose because they tend to get me out of my ruts. Some weird sort of self-medicating... But it works. I have an obligation to attend for her sake, and like I said, I wind up having a good time... Just not so much as to be overwhelming, and she CANNOT be a happy happy morning person. She won't survive.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2482 on: May 23, 2020, 02:54:13 pm »
@Gefn

You're not missing much. Most adults are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Only if you get caught.  :whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2483 on: May 23, 2020, 03:54:42 pm »
Fauci BACKTRACKS Says Its Time To Reopen, Study Shows Lockdown BACKFIRED
172,840 views•May 22, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2484 on: May 23, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »

Wait a minute.... :whistle:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2485 on: May 23, 2020, 04:46:31 pm »

It’s not what you do. It’s only what they can prove you did.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2486 on: May 23, 2020, 06:13:15 pm »
You are right. The world didnt shut down with the Spanish Flu.

Nor did they for the 1968 pandemic or the H1N1 pandemic in 2009.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2487 on: May 23, 2020, 06:16:11 pm »
Nor did they for the 1968 pandemic or the H1N1 pandemic in 2009.

@txradioguy

There wasn't an election to steal at any of those times,and a braindead,criminal candidate for President to provide cover for in order to win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2488 on: May 23, 2020, 06:50:25 pm »
Fauci BACKTRACKS Says Its Time To Reopen, Study Shows Lockdown BACKFIRED
172,840 views•May 22, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
One of the problems, especially with the current scrubbing going on on platforms like Youtube and Facebook, is that when no one knows the answer for certain, scientists will debate what is and is not the appropriate course of action, will debate causative factors and effects, and where needed, remedies.

Prominence in a field is based on past accomplishments, political positions on politics, not scientific acumen.
 Neither is a guarantee of being correct this time.

By removing that discussion, or at least only permitting one side of it, Youtube and Facebook have essentially done what the so-called Climate Experts have done: they have stopped science and moved on to dogma.
What people have been saying, nominally, that one size does not fit all, but that the solutions may be counterintuitive, may be simpler and already in hand than finding or engineering something new for at least most of the problem, and that regions, like people have their unique characteristics which require different solutions to problems.

Squelching the voices of reason (because reasoning, especially scientific reasoning, can be messy while figuring out how to deal with a new problem), only removes what can be viable solutions from discussion, and that doesn't benefit anyone. Only open, honest, and often, lively debate will reveal the answers we seek.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2489 on: May 23, 2020, 07:07:28 pm »
CDC noted today that hospitalizations for all flu-like illnesses have now fallen below baseline—fewer people are being hospitalized for such illnesses including COVID now than in an average year without it.

\Oh, and New York's hospitalization death rate has fallen to under 100 per day.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2490 on: May 23, 2020, 09:51:55 pm »
Syracuse Scientists Discover Way to Track COVID-19 in Wastewater

"We push out viral particles through our breath and through speaking and we’ve heard that a lot with droplets with coronavirus," Dr. David Larsen an epidemiologist from Syracuse University, explained. "We also push out viral particles in our feces when we go poop."

https://nystateofpolitics.com/state-of-politics/new-york/politics/2020/05/21/syracuse-scientists-discover-way-to-track-covid-in-wastewater-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2491 on: May 23, 2020, 10:07:31 pm »

"We push out viral particles through our breath and through speaking and we’ve heard that a lot with droplets with coronavirus," Dr. David Larsen an epidemiologist from Syracuse University, explained. "We also push out viral particles in our feces when we go poop."

https://nystateofpolitics.com/state-of-politics/new-york/politics/2020/05/21/syracuse-scientists-discover-way-to-track-covid-in-wastewater-
I’d rather have the government stay busy tracking feces than people. Just seems more appropriate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2492 on: May 23, 2020, 10:40:40 pm »

This looks like a good place to drop off these new Emojis I installed.

:poo: :pootrump:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2493 on: May 23, 2020, 11:15:10 pm »
Breakthrough Drug: Ivermectin Shows 'Astounding' Results Against Coronavirus

Reports Friday from multiple trials in the United States and abroad indicate a drug already approved by the FDA to treat parasitic infections is showing “astounding” results, and could represent a breakthrough in efforts to vanquishing the SARS-CoV-2 virus at the heart of the global pandemic.

Doctors have administered the drug ivermectin in several simultaneous trials in several countries sometimes in combination with other common medications.

Physicians who participated in the study report that patients’ viral loads began declining almost immediately after they began administering ivermectin, a widely available prescription drug approved to combat parasites, scabies and head lice.

It has not been approved for COVID-19 patients, but doctors familiar with clinical trials described patients’ results as dramatic.

Emergency medical physician Dr. Peter H. Hibberd, M.D., of Palm Beach County, Florida, told Newsmax Friday evening in an exclusive interview that he’s optimistic the drug will prove to be an important therapeutic advance, although he expects more trials will be needed before it wins FDA approval for use as a COVID-19 medication.

He noted it has impressed doctors in clinical trials on multiple continents.

“There’s a common denominator here,” said Hibberd. “This drug is salvaging people from their death bed.”

In some cases, doctors reported just one dose of ivermectin markedly improved a patient’s condition. U. S. patients received a single oral dose, and some of them received a booster dose seven days later. The FDA-approved dose for parasitic infections was used.

The drug first emerged as a possible coronavirus therapeutic after a study to be published in next month’s Antiviral Research journal by researchers in Victoria, Australia showed the drug wiped out the virus in a test tube.........

https://www.newsmax.com/us/ivermectin-drug-virus/2020/05/22/id/968688/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2494 on: May 23, 2020, 11:31:36 pm »

Reports Friday from multiple trials in the United States and abroad indicate a drug already approved by the FDA to treat parasitic infections is showing “astounding” results, and could represent a breakthrough in efforts to vanquishing the SARS-CoV-2 virus at the heart of the global pandemic.

Doctors have administered the drug ivermectin in several simultaneous trials in several countries sometimes in combination with other common medications.

Physicians who participated in the study report that patients’ viral loads began declining almost immediately after they began administering ivermectin, a widely available prescription drug approved to combat parasites, scabies and head lice.

It has not been approved for COVID-19 patients, but doctors familiar with clinical trials described patients’ results as dramatic.

Emergency medical physician Dr. Peter H. Hibberd, M.D., of Palm Beach County, Florida, told Newsmax Friday evening in an exclusive interview that he’s optimistic the drug will prove to be an important therapeutic advance, although he expects more trials will be needed before it wins FDA approval for use as a COVID-19 medication.

“There’s a common denominator here,” said Hibberd. “This drug is salvaging people from their death bed.”

In some cases, doctors reported just one dose of ivermectin markedly improved a patient’s condition. U. S. patients received a single oral dose, and some of them received a booster dose seven days later. The FDA-approved dose for parasitic infections was used.

The drug first emerged as a possible coronavirus therapeutic after a study to be published in next month’s Antiviral Research journal by researchers in Victoria, Australia showed the drug wiped out the virus in a test tube.........

Should be first put into mandatory use for all government employees which includes Congress and the Fed judiciary.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2495 on: May 24, 2020, 12:21:03 am »

Uh-oh. Trump better not say something good about Ivermectin or the democrats and Neil Cavuto will warn everyone it’ll kill them if they take it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2496 on: May 24, 2020, 12:25:55 am »
Uh-oh. Trump better not say something good about Ivermectin or the democrats and Neil Cavuto will warn everyone it’ll kill them if they take it.

If it's expensive, then here come the stories about Trump getting rich on COVID.  If it's cheap, then Trump's getting rich on COVID!!!
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2497 on: May 24, 2020, 12:46:35 am »
If it's expensive, then here come the stories about Trump getting rich on COVID.  If it's cheap, then Trump's getting rich on COVID!!!

I am serious. Give a mandatory shot of this to every federal employee. To see if it is at first use an anti-parasitic.

Then we can talk about its use against covid.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2498 on: May 24, 2020, 01:12:26 am »
I am serious. Give a mandatory shot of this to every federal employee. To see if it is at first use an anti-parasitic.

Then we can talk about its use against covid.

You'll get no argument from me, @bigheadfred.  We don't wanna use neutron bombs on DC, it might damage the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2499 on: May 24, 2020, 01:16:54 am »
It dates to the 1970s. It's generic and cheap.