Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158889 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #525 on: April 02, 2020, 09:09:52 pm »
A huge thanks to @mystery-ak for keeping this website going -- it's been extremely helpful to vent in here.
Indeed  :thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2020, 09:25:41 pm »
Agree with the previous posts, here is some more news to take note of: 
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
New York City is now advising residents to cover their nose and mouth with a scarf, bandana, or a piece of clothing while out in public to limit the spread of coronavirus

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245822708337827840

BNO, Breaking News Online.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2020, 09:47:22 pm »
Every one is going to be told to wear something to cover nose and mouth.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2020, 09:59:49 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #529 on: April 02, 2020, 11:01:28 pm »
We need to re-coin the expression, "Press Bias" to "Media Bigotry."

How about just stick with the rasssict card?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #530 on: April 02, 2020, 11:13:27 pm »
How about just stick with the rasssict card?

It's too intellectually lazy.  Do I look like a Democrat?   333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2020, 11:19:26 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #532 on: April 02, 2020, 11:21:02 pm »
ALL I see are CARPETBAGGING MFERs.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2020, 11:40:12 pm »
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome: Current Therapeutic Options and Potential Targets for Novel Therapies

Published online 2017 Nov 15

Antimalarial Agents

The antimalarial agents,chloroquine (CQ), amodiaquine, and mefloquine have activity against SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV in vitro [36, 38, 39]. CQ is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antimalarial agent that is also used to treat autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory effects [40]. CQ has activity against a number of viruses in vitro and in vivo including flaviviruses [dengue virus (DENV)], Togaviruses [chikungunya virus (CHIKV)], paramyxoviruses (Hendra, Nipah virus), influenza viruses, HIV, and filoviruses [Ebola virus (EBOV)]  [41–47].

Several mechanisms of action have been identified for the antiviral effect of CQ and suggest that the drug acts nonspecifically at virus entry or at the later stages of virus production. CQ accumulates within acidic organelles such as endosomes, Golgi vesicles, and lysosomes, where the drug is protonated resulting in increased pH within the vesicle [48]. Viruses depend on these acidic organelles for entry, viral replication, and maturation of virus progeny. Similarly, MERS-CoV entry into cells depends on several proteases. Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4) acts as functional virus receptor [49], and cellular proteases [e.g. type II transmembrane serine protease (TMPRSS2) and members of the cathepsin family] activate the viral spike (S) glycoprotein [50]. CQ may have an effect on any of these proteases. CQ also affects the glycosylation step within the Golgi that directs trafficking and maturation of viral proteins [51–53]. For SARS-CoV, the antiviral activity of CQ has also been attributed to a deficit in glycosylation of the receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) [54].

Copy link location "36"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5733787/#CR36

Screening of an FDA-Approved Compound Library Identifies Four Small-Molecule Inhibitors of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Replication in Cell Culture

Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014 Aug; 58(8): 4875–4884.
doi: 10.1128/AAC.03011-14

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2020, 11:43:16 pm »
Every one is going to be told to wear something to cover nose and mouth.

I am down with that depending on the time of the month.

Online DB

« Reply #535 on: April 02, 2020, 11:48:22 pm »
I am down with that depending on the time of the month.

Pelosi should wear a bag over her head.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #536 on: April 02, 2020, 11:52:47 pm »

That covers her toes. You can get one in any color as long as it is black.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2020, 12:20:21 am »
@Smokin Joe and that's just new York.  I wonder how many other cities and states are doing the same thing?
Who knows? That's just it. If the 'standard reporting criteria' are logically flawed, the conclusions drawn from the data will be flawed, too.

We have had 159 positive tests out of 4980 tested here, 28 hospitalized, 43 recovered, 3 deceased. The infection to detection cycle appears to be six days, with two peaks in new cases a day apart, then another set six days later. Successive sets appear to be roughly double the previous one, but not all the data is in on the third one.
graph here
All three who died had underlying medical conditions.

The most infected group is 30-39 years old, with those in their 20s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, roughly even tapering off younger and older.

Distribution of infections: hit counties with three major towns first. appeared to spread along interstate 94, US Hwy 2 (east/west corridors) and along US Hwys 85 and 83 (major N/S corridors) first, then gradually hitting other counties (23 of 53 countis have at least one positive).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #538 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:20 am »
I've printed out the following, and carry it in my wallet:
=====
1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
2. Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
3. Zinc Sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days
=====
If I end up in the hospital with this, I'm going to request this treatment right away if they'll provide it.
I knew I wouldn't be able to remember the full names and the dosages, so that's why I'm carrying it around. I might be intubated and unable to say much, perhaps I can just get them to check the wallet...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #539 on: April 03, 2020, 01:08:42 am »
=====
=====
If I end up in the hospital with this, I'm going to request this treatment right away if they'll provide it.
I knew I wouldn't be able to remember the full names and the dosages, so that's why I'm carrying it around. I might be intubated and unable to say much, perhaps I can just get them to check the wallet...

They always check the wallet, right after they check your jewelry for precious minerals.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2020, 02:30:38 am »
Kentucky is putting ankle monitors on coronavirus patients who ignore self-isolation order

https://www.nbc4i.com/community/health/coronavirus/kentucky-is-putting-ankle-monitors-on-coronavirus-patients-who-ignore-self-isolation-order/

Police State much?  I mean I know it's Louisville and all but still...

@Polly Ticks  you see this BS?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2020, 03:11:23 am »
=====
=====

Good info, I might copy that down too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2020, 10:41:31 am »
The OANN reporter was not reportedly social distancing if no one heard about this. WHCA  - White House Correspondents Association.

WHCA Kicks OANN Reporter Out Of Press Briefings Over ‘Public Safety’ Concerns

By Kristine Marsh | April 2, 2020 8:38 AM EDT

The White House Correspondents' Association abruptly decided to boot a conservative news network reporter from future White House briefings, announcing Wednesday night that she had violated the rules of “social distancing” during this COVID-19 crisis.

According to a statement put out by the WHCA, the reporter in question, One America News Network’s Chanel Rion had violated new rules imposed by the journalist organization in the past month, which limit the number of reporters in the briefing room to fifteen. According to the Washington Post, smaller news networks could only rotate in “once every several days” for one of these key seats, however, Rion was seen in the room on both Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

The WHCA, headed by ABC’s Jonathan Karl told the Post he warned White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham about Rion violating protocol on Tuesday, before the board voted to oust her from future briefings, Wednesday night, citing concern for “public safety.”

Read more at: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2020/04/02/whca-kicks-oann-reporter-out-press-briefings-over-public-safety

Check rest of story, the OANN reporter, Rion, a few weeks ago, questioned whether saying "Chinese food" was racist and upset some liberals over this. Good point, is it racist to say "Chinese Food"? "Mexican Food" and so on?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2020, 11:19:18 am »
The OANN reporter was not reportedly social distancing if no one heard about this. WHCA  - White House Correspondents Association.
I think the real reason the WHCA got their knickers in a twist was that OAN - and only OAN - reported on how the Kennedy Center planned all along to screw their employees but the Dems still made sure its $25 million was in the relief bill.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2020, 12:24:34 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2020, 02:03:08 pm »

I thought she already did.  That's really what her face looks like?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #546 on: April 03, 2020, 02:05:29 pm »
I gotta ask: "Paper or plastic?"

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #547 on: April 03, 2020, 02:11:47 pm »
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:13:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #548 on: April 03, 2020, 02:45:38 pm »
=====
=====
I was thinking those drugs were in short supply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #549 on: April 03, 2020, 02:54:42 pm »
I was thinking those drugs were in short supply.
5 days ago, Sandoz donated 30 million doses of Hydroxychloroquine to HHS (enough for 6 million courses of the medication above) Zinc Sulfate can be had from Puritan's pride--it's a fairly common supplement. Azithromycin (Zithromax) in the Z-pack has been a commmon antibiotic for years.

All three are "off the shelf", not some new exotic compound, and the two that aren't OTC have FDA approval for other uses already.

C S Lewis