Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158887 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2020, 11:29:23 pm »
This needs to go viral.  CBS? Figured they would have learned their lesson after the Dan Rather fiasco.

I got it forwarded to about 25 of my good contacts.  I challenge everyone else to do the same.

Want to make this tweet/CBS video a separate thread @Cyber Liberty ??

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2020, 11:47:28 pm »
Unlike lonely Congressman Massie, I'll second that.  Your both good people and usually very thoughtful posters.
[/b]
And then there is me.  :smokin:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2020, 11:56:43 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"Meanwhile, in related news, the Stock Market did not respond in the manner I expected.  I expected a thousand-point drop in the Blue Chips this morning because of this announcement, but it is, in fact, up over 400."

My guess is that the market rose today because of the FDA's endorsement of the anti-malaria drug for doctors to use as they determine necessary.

The exploding numbers of infected (in NYC and elsewhere) will probably push the market back down as the week progresses.

I don't think so.  The FDA announcement was well after the Market opened for trading this morning, and it started on the upswing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #353 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:38 am »
Dr. Fauci says he thinks April will be long enough to stunt coronavirus spread but that there will be 'mini outbreaks' in small cities across America that are 'percolating' now
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8167545/Dr-Fauci-says-thinks-April-long-stunt-coronavirus.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2020, 01:23:48 am »

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1244713476624269312

Yashar Ali @yashar

A photo of the long line of cars outside the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank (see video above)
These are your neighbors, folks
No one warned them that this would happen. They’ve lost their jobs & can’t get new ones because everything is closed

The picture doesn't do justice.  Video here

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1244691876956889096
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:27:26 am by Once-Ler »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2020, 01:33:42 am »
I am minimizing neither the people, the pandemic, nor the tragedy.

And it turns out you're right... I wonder how that happened?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2020, 01:36:42 am »

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1244713476624269312

Yashar Ali @yashar

A photo of the long line of cars outside the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank (see video above)
These are your neighbors, folks
No one warned them that this would happen. They’ve lost their jobs & can’t get new ones because everything is closed

The picture doesn't do justice.  Video here

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1244691876956889096

This is a very sad reality. Where's FEMA?  Weren't they called in to help?  Yes food banks should be open, but FEMA should also be setting up different sites to alleviate some of the crowds.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2020, 01:38:20 am »
    I wonder if the porta pottie in the picture has any toilet paper in it?   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2020, 01:41:46 am »
And it turns out you're right... I wonder how that happened?
Bad habit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2020, 01:46:03 am »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2020, 02:39:12 am »
Bannon is a real hawk on this matter, the first story shows what he said about 8 days ago but the next story is more recent, he basically predicted Trump would extend the shutdown, which did happen. And all of that, sounds like what Bannon has said before, he still talks to the President regularly:

Steve Bannon: We Need A "Full Shutdown" Right Now; "Go Full Hammer On The Virus"
Posted By Tim Hains  On Date March 22, 2020

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon joined Maria Bartiromo on Fox News Channel's "Sunday Morning Futures" to talk about what the federal government can do about the coronavirus pandemic.

"If you look at the situation we are in, you have to put in three buckets," Bannon said. "The pandemic, the economic crisis caused by the pandemic, both the short-term and the deeper things on the supply chain, and then the financial crisis that is now on top of every financial market across every asset class in the world."

"I don't think we have months to do this. I think what should happen, and my recommendation would be to drop the hammer, don’t mitigate the virus, don't spread the curve, shatter the curve," Bannon stated. "And go full hammer on the virus right now with a full shutdown, use the stimulus to bridge the economic crisis — it may take 2 trillion, it may take 3 trillion to force cash into the little entrepreneur and the little guy."

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Read more at:  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/22/steve_bannon_we_need_a_full_shutdown_right_now_go_full_hammer_on_the_virus.html

The last I knew, I think on Newsmax or on OAN,  there's a show called "Steve Bannon's war room" or something, I will have to see and record these shows.

Steve Bannon predicts Trump will opt for 'harder lockdown' to fight coronavirus
Daniel Chaitin

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon predicted President Trump will implement more restrictive measures to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, reasoned that a "harder" shutdown will institute a faster revival of the economy, even as the president has voiced support for paring back many restrictions across the country.

Still, Bannon said he believes there will be a "big shift" this weekend after the president sees more data.

Read more at:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/steve-bannon-predicts-trump-will-opt-for-harder-lockdown-to-fight-coronavirus/ar-BB11SuzO

It's like Bannon said @Once-Ler , now is the time to drop the hammer down.

In fact, Bannon's show is going to come on in about 15 minutes, 10 PM CST on Newsmax, channel 349 on Direct TV, 'Warroom: Pandemic" with Steven Bannon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:46:32 am by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2020, 02:52:25 am »
Dr. Fauci says he thinks April will be long enough to stunt coronavirus spread but that there will be 'mini outbreaks' in small cities across America that are 'percolating' now
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8167545/Dr-Fauci-says-thinks-April-long-stunt-coronavirus.html

Not too comforting for us small city folks, but it makes sense.

Only 5 cases in our county so far, and no deaths.

Since this is a complete unknown and behaving differently than any virus in the past, I suppose that even the most educated people can't really know what's coming in the future.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2020, 03:00:40 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2020, 03:13:44 am »
Bannon is a real hawk on this matter, the first story shows what he said about 8 days ago but the next story is more recent, he basically predicted Trump would extend the shutdown, which did happen. And all of that, sounds like what Bannon has said before, he still talks to the President regularly:

The last I knew, I think on Newsmax or on OAN,  there's a show called "Steve Bannon's war room" or something, I will have to see and record these shows.

It's like Bannon said @Once-Ler , now is the time to drop the hammer down.

In fact, Bannon's show is going to come on in about 15 minutes, 10 PM CST on Newsmax, channel 349 on Direct TV, 'Warroom: Pandemic" with Steven Bannon.

@TomSea thanks for the ping.  I can't say I like Steve Bannon, but I can say I think he is a very smart fellow.  Sadly I don't have cable but perhaps some one will post it to Youtube.  I see yesterdays shows is already there, just chopped up into 45 - 1 minute or shorter videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhAh-fc15yfxCdt7C_MbBw/videos

I'm watching them now and pleasantly surprised there isn't an ad between each one. in fact no ads for the first 10 videos.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:21:17 am by Once-Ler »

Online DB

« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2020, 03:59:24 am »
"Chinese researchers isolated deadly bat coronaviruses near Wuhan animal market"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/china-researchers-isolated-bat-coronaviruses-near-/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2020, 04:42:52 am »
Good article on the Wuhan market above, here is a news alert I received a while ago, quite tragic.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT
The superintendent of the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home was removed from his duties Monday after the recent deaths of 11 veterans at the home — including five who tested positive for the novel coronavirus and another five whose test results are forthcoming, according to state officials.

In addition to the 11 recent deaths, another 11 surviving residents of the Soldiers’ Home have tested positive for COVID-19, as have five staff members, according to the state Department of Veterans Services. Another 25 veterans living at the home are awaiting results.

More:  https://bostonglobe.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=90f9e490a860897c7155feca1&id=5e20db9df8&e=418a16250b

« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2020, 05:34:13 am »

https://twitter.com/MontefioreNYC/status/1244709481914793987

Montefiore Health System @MontefioreNYC
The Montefiore @EinsteinMed community is mourning the loss of Dr. James T. Goodrich, world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon. Dr. Goodrich passed away on March 30, 2020 from complications associated with COVID-19. Please see our full statement below.

8888crybaby  888cryingkitty

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:37 am »
The New York Times noted a thermometer company was tracking fevers and that it has noted rates of fever are now way down. Their data appears to be substantially further ahead of the official government figures because fever is usually the first symptom and it is reported automatically.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-restrictions-fevers.html

Here's their map:
https://healthweather.us
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2020, 02:05:06 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
Not too comforting for us small city folks, but it makes sense.

Only 5 cases in our county so far, and no deaths.

Since this is a complete unknown and behaving differently than any virus in the past, I suppose that even the most educated people can't really know what's coming in the future.
Our county is up to 11 now with no deaths so far.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2020, 04:33:05 pm »
OSU Wexner Medical Center Director of Radiology Dies of Covid-19

Another front line health defender dies
How sad....may God comfort the family....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:37 pm »
Sound of Music - Covid Tutorial

Anybody need a break for some humor?  VERY well done!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2020, 04:37:15 pm »
How sad....may God comfort the family....

Yes.  She fell working to keep the rest of us safe. 

« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2020, 04:44:34 pm »
Sound of Music - Covid Tutorial

Anybody need a break for some humor?  VERY well done!
Good stuff @musiclady .  My wife and children really loves musicals, but I have never liked them.  In a marriage, and family, we make many compromises so I have seen The Sound of Music more times than my favorite movie The Matrix.  My family will love this. I thought it was worth some laughs too.

« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2020, 05:02:30 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245000074167541761

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
With interest rates for the United States being at ZERO, this is the time to do our decades long awaited Infrastructure Bill. It should be VERY BIG & BOLD, Two Trillion Dollars, and be focused solely on jobs and rebuilding the once great infrastructure of our Country! Phase 4
9:48 AM · Mar 31, 2020

Phase 4 coming tonight. Mo money Mo Money Mo Money!!!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:04:09 pm by Once-Ler »