Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158728 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:14 pm »
FYI, might be something, I've heard this before, my own research backs it up.

Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

Please pass this information on to everyone in each family I don’t want to miss anyone so share as much as you can. Or copy and paste!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learnt that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

She also said they are not releasing the correct number of cases on the news and they have patients coming in everyday and some currently on ventilators. Soon they won’t have enough room in the hospitals to treat patients and will have to turn people away. They’ve cancelled all surgeries to use the ORs for available ventilators, but it still won’t be enough.

She also said she found some people in their 40s and 50s who were previously healthy to be on ventilators and having major difficulty breathing because they took Advil.

Also 4 doctors at VGH are now infected and she said she has never seen her doctors so worried before. So please no Advil and stay safe!!!

Okay, no ibuprofen.

Is this corrrect that that "paracetamol" is "acetaminophen"?

Paracetamol
Paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen and APAP, is a medication used to treat pain and fever. It is typically used for mild to moderate pain relief.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol

Paracetamol was mentioned before, I really wasn't familiar with that term.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2020, 08:10:29 pm »
NY is producing the highest numbers of cases and deaths but I heard they are not at the top per deaths per population.  There are a lot of factors though, including if the cases are coming from nursing homes for example.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2020, 08:28:07 pm »
And that has no bearing on the statement made about what is happening in OUR lifetime.  That is the reference I made.

Here is the post I responded to:

Quote from: musiclady on March 28, 2020, 06:53:41 PM
The problem with your theory is that there is no way to know on the surface who is healthy and who is not.

At the risk of being repetitive (which I am, quite deliberately) this is not like anything we’ve ever seen before.  One cannot make comparisons

I disagreed with your statement.  I made comparisons.  And I pointed out how an even greater degree of uncertainty existed with polio.

Stay safe, Hoodat.  Don't be afraid.

I am not afraid and am doing my best to stay safe.  Currently on Day 7 of a 15-day quarantine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2020, 08:39:55 pm »
Here is the post I responded to:

Quote from: musiclady on March 28, 2020, 06:53:41 PM
I disagreed with your statement.  I made comparisons.  And I pointed out how an even greater degree of uncertainty existed with polio.

I am not afraid and am doing my best to stay safe.  Currently on Day 7 of a 15-day quarantine.

I guess the "we've seen before" wasn't clear enough.  I've made multiple references to "in our lifetime" before, and that is what I was (and will continue to be) referencing.

We have not seen this medical situation in our lifetimes (assuming that for most of us, our memories date from the 1950's and our lives from the 1940's).  This rapid spread of disease..... a complete unknown, and not a flu....... has not happened in any of our memories.

I'm glad you're self-isolating.  I seriously am concerned that the people here who have protested the most, are either the most afraid, or potentially the most dangerous because they are dismissing the danger by comparing it to other situations which are not the same (and at least one ridiculing the rest of us).

I'm glad that you are both taking care of yourself and not afraid.

The best thing we can do with this pandemic is to self-isolate and do our best to keep from being infected, and to keep from infecting others.

We will probably never find out with certainty how much our isolation is keeping the disease from spreading too fast, and how many lives we've saved by doing our part (including healthcare first responders), but I do know for certain that this situation IS unprecedented in our lifetime.

And I apologize for being unclear about that qualifier in the post to which you were responding.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2020, 08:52:15 pm »
If I read this right, it looks like Virginia may have peaked... only 2 new cases yesterday

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Maybe. Looking at cases in ND (small data set), five to six days after a peak, there is another one. Virginia seems to be generally following that, and the last peak may have unreported cases which have not been tallied.

Hopefully, it is good news.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2020, 10:08:10 pm »
Those are final numbers........ and without the appropriate medical response, so the numbers are greater than they would have been with proper isolation.

This virus is nowhere near the peak, so comparative figures are not yet valid.

But I have no doubt that a few of you will continue posting them to underplay the severity of this virus.

For whatever reason..........   :shrug:

The severity of the virus is quite incidental. A pittance paid for the reduction in liberty (particularly that which will not return) and a nation cowering in fear, reaching to government for salvation.

now THAT is sickening.

Offline corbe

« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2020, 10:11:46 pm »
   Another month of self quarantine is what I believe I just heard Trump say.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2020, 10:22:17 pm »

To April 30.  An attempt to extend it beyond that will lead to big trouble, and we'll have a Democrat President next January.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2020, 10:27:20 pm »

Sonsabiches.

There will be nothing left.
What shame we bring on our fathers' names.

Offline corbe

« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2020, 10:32:17 pm »
   $hit, I need a Hobby.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2020, 10:32:32 pm »
To April 30.  An attempt to extend it beyond that will lead to big trouble, and we'll have a Democrat President next January.

I am guessing it will significantly longer than that.  Finding vaccines / cures  right now needs a Manhattan Project type focus. Each week that passes makes it that much more difficult to recover.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2020, 10:56:40 pm »
   Trump is still kicking the medias azz,  :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2020, 11:17:51 pm »
I am guessing it will significantly longer than that.  Finding vaccines / cures  right now needs a Manhattan Project type focus. Each week that passes makes it that much more difficult to recover.

You know that's nonsense, right? Corona is the common cold. There will be no vaccine. There will be no cure. We are very likely at the treatment apex right now, having found stuff that works alright.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2020, 11:19:19 pm »
   $hit, I need a Hobby.

Try drinkin too much and blowin sh*t up... That's always fun...
 :beer:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2020, 11:32:11 pm »
Sonsabiches.

There will be nothing left.
What shame we bring on our fathers' names.

The alternative was over 2 million dead Americans. I know you don't give a damn about anyone but 2 million dead Americans is unacceptable if it can be prevented by social distancing for another 30 days.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2020, 11:34:35 pm »

Effective treatment will be found soon, getting production up to get that treatment to Docs and Hospitals might take a while.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2020, 11:36:02 pm »
The alternative was over 2 million dead Americans. I know you don't give a damn about anyone but 2 million dead Americans is unacceptable if it can be prevented by social distancing for another 30 days.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much bullcrap.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2020, 11:36:14 pm »

Do you really think 2 million dead is what we're looking at?  Really?

I'm the King of Social Distancing.  I'm a misanthrope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2020, 11:36:58 pm »
Yeah, I think that's pretty much bullcrap.

Ayup.  100% pure.  Ivory soap isn't that pure.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2020, 11:39:02 pm »
Ayup.  100% pure.  Ivory soap isn't that pure.

That's how they got everybody wetting their pants though. And here we are.
I swear man, people are sheep.  **nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2020, 11:39:28 pm »

Then Trump is finished as a political force.  Done.  The economy will be at Depression level, and "Trump" will be spelled "H-O-O-V-E-R."  Say "Howdy-Do!" to our new Democrat overlords.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »
Then Trump is finished as a political force.  Done.  The economy will be at Depression level, and "Trump" will be spelled "H-O-O-V-E-R."  Say "Howdy-Do!" to our new Democrat overlords.

Yep. a nation on it's knees with the communists in the wings. That will be the price.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2020, 11:49:10 pm »
Maybe. Looking at cases in ND (small data set), five to six days after a peak, there is another one. Virginia seems to be generally following that, and the last peak may have unreported cases which have not been tallied.

Hopefully, it is good news.

Unfortunately we have New Yorkers and Louisianians knocking on our door trying to get in -- they've been asked to self quarantine -- ya -- right, New Yorkers are above that and Louisianians ... well...they don't seem to quite grasp things.

So ... what are they going to do? Come in and visit family and infect them or stay in one of our hotels and infect the staff, etc. 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2020, 11:59:36 pm »
I think that is happening right now.
There are some 69 different medications being checked out. Most promising seems to be the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc Sulfate combo, which in an Outpatient setting would cost under $100/course, and appears to stop the virus from replicating well enough for the body's immune system to kill it.
Administered to those at risk early, it has kept people from progressing to the point where they need ventilators or ICU, essentially meaning someone would be sick for a week or so and recover. For those who are not at risk with underlying medical conditions, that pharmacology is not recommended as they will recover on their own.

Considering you can stick a fork in the American Economy if this lockdown goes on for months, or a year, biting that bullet would reduce  mortality while providing herd immunity, a combination that would have us back to work inside of two months.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2020, 12:06:40 am »
Try drinkin too much and blowin sh*t up... That's always fun...
 :beer:

I do that here already @roamer_1 I thought yall were getting tired of it.  I can hear the Mods on my trail.