Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 157329 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2020, 06:12:18 am »
The three little pigs, @roamer_1

Not trying to make this a religious debate. Some kind of he/she/it said.

Maybe I should blame it on being tired. Maybe I should blame everyone who didn't give me the neutron bombs when I asked.

I was gonna ask @corbe to do a poll. I isn't much of an economics major. But why didn't the Congress ask for $4 trillion and hand that bill to the Chinese Communist Party?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »
A small nugget of good news: Tom Hanks has recovered.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/tom-hanks-and-rita-wilson-make-a-joyful-return-to-los-angeles-after-coronavirus-diagnoses/ar-BB11OuUS?ocid=spartandhp

That’s good.

I knew that Rita Wilson had recovered but since he is a diabetic his risk factor was greater.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2020, 03:07:05 pm »

TBR is filled with Type 1 people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2020, 03:26:31 pm »
A small nugget of good news: Tom Hanks has recovered.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/tom-hanks-and-rita-wilson-make-a-joyful-return-to-los-angeles-after-coronavirus-diagnoses/ar-BB11OuUS?ocid=spartandhp

With all the doom and gloom that we are constantly being bombarded with, it is refreshing to hear a report that people like Hanks exist - people who contract the virus yet don't require ventilators and who don't end up as a 'dead' statistic during prime time news.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2020, 03:51:33 pm »
With all the doom and gloom that we are constantly being bombarded with, it is refreshing to hear a report that people like Hanks exist - people who contract the virus yet don't require ventilators and who don't end up as a 'dead' statistic during prime time news.

It is good news...which is why it will appear on page A22 of the NYT.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2020, 04:20:13 pm »
Even better news of recovery:
101-year-old Italian man, born amid Spanish flu pandemic, survives coronavirus illness, official says
Ryan W. Miller
USA TODAY
March 27, 2020

A 101-year-old Italian man has reportedly survived his battle with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus spreading around the globe.

An official from the city of Rimini on the northeast coast of Italy says the man, identified publicly as only Mr. P., was released from the hospital earlier this week. ...
Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:03 pm »
Video reveals lung damage in US coronavirus patient: 'People need to take this seriously'
By Brian Fung and Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 3:47 AM EDT, Fri March 27, 2020
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/26/health/covid-19-lung-damage-video/index.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2020, 05:09:11 pm »
US biotech firm says its pneumonia treatment could help save the lives of coronavirus patients by 'cleaning up' killer lung inflammation

Scientists at BioAegis in New Jersey are developing a drug version of the protein gelsolin
    It exists in the human body and helps combat life-threatening inflammation like that seen in patients with pneumonia from coronavirus
    Their small trial in mild pneumonia patients found that it helped them recover better and faster than those given standard treatments
    Since coronavirus turns deadly from pneumonia inflammation, the company wants to start testing the drug Americans with COVID-19
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

By Natalie Rahhal Acting Us Health Editor
Published: 14:53 EDT, 27 March 2020 | Updated: 09:55 EDT, 28 March 2020

A New Jersey biotech firm believes its drug could help save the lives of the sickest coronavirus patients.

BioAegis Therapeutics has been testing a protein called gelsolin to treat pneumonia. Gelsolin exists naturally in the human body and helps to combat inflammation like that seen in critically ill and dying coronavirus patients.

In early stages, their IV treatment has helped pneumonia patients recover, and scientists at the small firm think that deteriorating COVID-19 patients could benefit from the drug with relatively little risk.   ...
Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2020, 05:18:37 pm »
Daily Mail

I hope Donald Trump doesn't mention it, or DemoRat Governors will put in place rules to prevent Doctors in their state from using it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2020, 06:25:29 pm »
03-28-2020 | 18:14 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global  4.66 ↓  4.63 ↑
US/Can/Mex      1.79 ↓ 34.12 ↓
China 22.75 ↑  1.086↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2020, 06:27:56 pm »
I'm doing what I can in that department, but it's wearing on me. I'm thankful to have a family support network but I'm missing a lot of things that we've lost quite dearly, and without any real answers as to when they'll be back, it only makes it worse.
Get a Netflix account or Hulu....I've been binge watching Blue Bloods....lol.  Plus preparing the garden for spring...repairing the fence....manicuring the lawn.  Beats sitting around worrying about things I have no control over.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2020, 06:29:14 pm »
How many people, going into this, were prepared for even a couple of months of being out of work and having limited resupply?

Empty store shelves all over still say, "Not many."

Start talking 6 months, and most people will be out of money, supplies, and likely have defaulted on any loans they have, including mortgages. It'll make The Grapes of Wrath look like a homecoming parade.
Not to mention people will be desperate and the looting will begin.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2020, 06:32:26 pm »
Thank you for your response.

President Trump hasn't golfed in 3 weeks.  We all know how you feel, and we all pray we will be sleeping better soon.  The President has said on many occasions and in many ways that we want to solve this with "the fewest lives lost," because "we have the best people" and we will need them when this crisis is over and we want to recover the fastest.  Unfortunately, mean ol' Dr Fauci says "the virus will decide the timeline."  I know our President wants a healthy and wealthy country to be his legacy.  I don't know if he is fit for the task, but we can't change quarterbacks today, and the good news is, as our President has reminded us in every press conference he recognizes "We have the best people."  As often as I complain about his speeches, conferences, and tweets I actually think President Trump has displayed more leadership in the last 2 weeks than his first 3 years.  He has had good days and great days since he declared a National Emergency.  His message has been remarkably consistent "follow my guideline for 15 days."  In a few days we will have an updated guideline and it will most assuredly address medical, and fiscal issues.

The reason why they can't provide real answers is because we don't have them yet.  Hopefully we will have some soon.

Stay healthy @jmyrlefuller   
That was almost a coherent response....call me shocked.   happy77

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:18 pm »
Hoodat, you keep posting a bunch of numbers as in reply 185 above.

I'm a dumb guy. I'll admit it up front.
Could you please explain how those numbers for US/Can/Mex should be read and interpreted?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:16 pm »
That was almost a coherent response....call me shocked.   happy77
Sorry about that, I was so drunk I forgot to include the sarcasm tag.  Oopsie.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2020, 08:01:07 pm »
Nobody in Antartica has covid. They are too iceolated.

I want this virus to wipe out the disease.
But it won't.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2020, 08:13:35 pm »
Hoodat, you keep posting a bunch of numbers as in reply 185 above.

I'm a dumb guy. I'll admit it up front.
Could you please explain how those numbers for US/Can/Mex should be read and interpreted?

There are two ratios I have been tracking
  • Number of recoveries to the number of deaths
  • Number of cases to the number of recoveries

The first ratio should increase over a period of time until and the second ratio should decrease.  The first ratio will eventually level out as we reach the true death rate for those afflicted, wile the second ratio will approach 1.

Green arrows indicate movement from the previous day in a positive direction, while red arrows indicate movement in the negative direction.

China's numbers (whether valid or not) at least give us a target to shoot for.  Their Recovery-to-death ratio is 74,971 recoveries to 3,295 deaths, or 22.75 to 1.  This translates to a casualty rate of 4.21 % for China.  I think we can do much better.  Their case to recovery ratio is 1.09 which means that almost all of their cases have run their course resulting in either a death or recovery.

I combined US/Canada/Mexico numbers together since we are in the same geographical location.  The three combined have had 3,582 recoveries and 2,004 deaths for 122,208 cases with over 166,000 cases unresolved.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:18:16 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2020, 08:49:46 pm »
Quote from: article
President Trump said Saturday he’s considering an enforced quarantine for the New York City area that would also include New Jersey and Connecticut.

“We’d like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hotspot — New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut quarantined,” Trump said as he departed the White House for a trip to Norfolk, Va., to see off a Navy hospital ship heading to the Big Apple.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/trump-says-he-considering-forced-quarantine-new-york-area#.Xn-C8EQB7og.twitter

Too little too late .... if you do set such a factor in place... watch the scatter of infected in the region just before the imposed quarantine.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:53:29 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2020, 10:26:54 pm »
Well, one guy has apparently exposed much of my town to this virus this past week by visiting half the stores in town. Just what we needed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2020, 10:32:31 pm »
Well, one guy has apparently exposed much of my town to this virus this past week by visiting half the stores in town. Just what we needed.

Hopefully not yours, @jmyrlefuller.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2020, 10:37:03 pm »

There's always at least one idiot in the crowd.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38:34 pm »

Demonstrating for everyone just how useless this quasi-quarantine really is...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2020, 10:45:14 pm »
Demonstrating for everyone just how useless this quasi-quarantine really is...

It's a bullshit quarantine, which is bound to be the case when they quarantine healthy people, leaving the sick to spread their disease around.  It's tyranny, and it's best answered by non-compliance as time wears on.  That's why I say we'll do it, but only for a limited time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2020, 10:48:45 pm »
It's a bullshit quarantine, which is bound to be the case when they quarantine healthy people, leaving the sick to spread their disease around.  It's tyranny, and it's best answered by non-compliance as time wears on.  That's why I say we'll do it, but only for a limited time.

Yes, it IS tyranny, and tyranny is always best answered right now. Even so - I will not comply, and will point and laugh at those who do. Suckers.