Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158507 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 03:18:34 pm »
Hair cuts are a problem, I'm still weeks away from it becoming a problem. We will see. I have cut my own before but not successfully at that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:14 pm »
Grocery store throws out $35,000 worth of food it says woman deliberately coughed on
Antonia Farzan

The past few weeks have been tough for Gerrity’s Supermarket, a small family-owned chain in northeastern Pennsylvania. Like grocers nationwide, it has been deluged with orders and has struggled to keep basics such as chicken breasts and toilet paper on the shelves. Employees have been working overtime, pausing only for five-second breaks to wipe everything down with disinfectant wipes.

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, a woman came in and deliberately coughed all over the produce section, meat case and bakery department, co-owner Joe Fasula said. The store had to throw away more than $35,000 (CAD$50,000) worth of food.

“Today was a very challenging day,” Fasula wrote in a message to shoppers on Facebook. “While there is little doubt this woman was doing it as a very twisted prank, we will not take any chances with the health and well-being of our customers."

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/grocery-store-throws-out-dollar35000-worth-of-food-it-says-woman-deliberately-coughed-on/ar-BB11JM7L?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 04:10:45 pm »
Hair cuts are a problem, I'm still weeks away from it becoming a problem. We will see. I have cut my own before but not successfully at that.

Fortunately I cut my husband's hair for decades, and my kids' and my own as well, so the two of us will be fine for the duration.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 04:15:08 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 05:06:57 pm »
New York update: not good.
After three state days level and hospitalizations slowing, new cases and hospitalizations both sharply up. Mostly in New York City by the looks of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:18 pm »
The Scientist Whose Doomsday Pandemic Model Predicted Armageddon Just Walked Back The Apocalyptic Predictions

MARCH 26, 2020 By Madeline Osburn
British scientist Neil Ferguson ignited the world’s drastic response to the novel Wuhan coronavirus when he published the bombshell report predicting 2.2 million Americans and more than half a million Brits would be killed. After both the U.S. and U.K. governments effectively shut down their citizens and economies, Ferguson is walking back his doomsday scenarios.

Ferguson’s report from Imperial College, which White House and other officials took seriously, said that if the U.S. and U.K. did not shut down for 18 months, and isolation measures were not taken, “we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months.” His “models” showed overflowing hospitals and ICU beds.

“For an uncontrolled epidemic, we predict critical care bed capacity would be exceeded as early as the second week in April, with an eventual peak in ICU or critical care bed demand that is over 30 times greater than the maximum supply in both countries,” the report reads.

Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, reportedly said the administration was particularly focused on the Imperial College report’s conclusion that entire households should stay in isolation for 14 days if any member suffered from COVID-19 symptoms.

But after tens of thousands of restaurants, bars, and businesses closed, Ferguson is now retracting his modeling, saying he feels “reasonably confident” our health care system can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in a few weeks. Testifying before the U.K.’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology on Wednesday, Ferguson said he now predicts U.K. deaths from the disease will not exceed 20,000, and could be much lower...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/the-scientist-whose-doomsday-pandemic-model-predicted-armageddon-just-walked-back-the-apocalyptic-predictions/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 05:20:05 pm »
Ok...how many other people are too lazy to shave, since we are stuck at home during this quarantine?

We are to hit over 90 degrees today, hopefully this will help kill the nasty virus.

I ain't stuck at home. But I ain't shaved and won't till it gets too hot to keep the hair. Which predictably 90F would be. Heck 80F might be. But that's months off around here.

But even then, not like you're thinking. I have been clean shaven maybe once in twenty years. And that once was a mistake.

Online DB

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 05:26:29 pm »
I haven't shaved down to the skin in probably 38 years... I've never used a blade. Use a #4 clipper guard on the beard every once in awhile if it gets too bushy... Otherwise get my hair cut every 2 to 4 months, that is what hair I have left these days...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 05:29:10 pm »
Fortunately I cut my husband's hair for decades, and my kids' and my own as well, so the two of us will be fine for the duration.
I'm just going to let mine grow. In my bad ol' days, it was a lot longer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 05:31:42 pm »
I ain't stuck at home. But I ain't shaved and won't till it gets too hot to keep the hair. Which predictably 90F would be. Heck 80F might be. But that's months off around here.

But even then, not like you're thinking. I have been clean shaven maybe once in twenty years. And that once was a mistake.
I have had a mustache since I was 15, for all but a couple of weeks, and a beard whenever I could in between then and now. So I have only been truly clean shaven for a couple of weeks in over 40 years. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 05:45:01 pm »
I have had a mustache since I was 15, for all but a couple of weeks, and a beard whenever I could in between then and now. So I have only been truly clean shaven for a couple of weeks in over 40 years. :shrug:

Me too - have had a mustache at least since my 20s, with the exception of one time for stitches (would have looked stupid with only half)... and once when I had a small prairie fire on my face.Put that out without having to call the fire department... But everything was too singed to keep it.

Since my 30s anyway, I have had a full beard most of the time, with one singular exception: Lately, maybe a couple years ago, went out with a cowgirl who required the standard cowboy fare... Which is fine, as I am mostly that anyhow (fits alright with hillbilly appointments in general)... Except the clean shave and high-and-tight. Mustache was not threatened, but the rest of that cost me fitty bucks at the barber. Only time I have seen a barber in 30 years too.

But that didn't work out much longer than the weekend... she moseyed on along, and I went back to bushy. Won't do that again.

Offline corbe

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:59 pm »
Trudeau urges Trump to refrain from stationing American troops at US-Canada border
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trudeau-urges-trump-to-refrain-from-stationing-american-troops-at-us-canada-border

Online Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 06:09:48 pm »
I hate hate hate hate shaving. But I don't like having hair on my neck/throat and high on my cheeks either.  I shave typically about every fifth day, shooting for that Don Johnson Miami Vice look.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2020, 06:21:55 pm »
I hate hate hate hate shaving. But I don't like having hair on my neck/throat and high on my cheeks either.  I shave typically about every fifth day, shooting for that Don Johnson Miami Vice look.
Low testosterone soy boy beta males, like myself, have naturally slow hair growth.  I often go a couple weeks without shaving, but eventually my sensitive skin compels me.  I shoot for the freshly homeless look.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2020, 06:27:27 pm »
03-26-2020 | 18:14 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global  5.30 ↓  4.18 ↑
US/Can/Mex      1.80 ↑ 38.85 ↓
China 22.53 ↑  1.098↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2020, 06:36:31 pm »
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
2h
I will be doing a News Conference live from the @WhiteHouse at 5:00 P.M. (Eastern) to discuss the mtg of the G20 Leaders that took place this morning at 7:55 A.M. by World Teleconference. Also, my 12:00 P.M. Teleconference call w/50 Governors, plus Territories, will be discussed.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1243219538562482177
Rudy W. Giuliani @RudyGiuliani

“Approximately 7500 people die every day in the United States.
That’s approximately 645,000 people so far this year.
Coronavirus has killed about 1,000 Americans this year.

Just a little perspective.” @RealCandaceO
11:53 AM · Mar 26, 2020

247 Americans died of coronavirus yesterday or about 1,000 every 4 days.  And it's gonna get worse as the hospitals become overwhelmed.

Andrew Cuomo @NYGovCuomo

18h
NEW: @SoftBank
 donated 1.4 million critically needed N-95 masks to us.

New York State thanks you.

We are so grateful for this PPE that protects our healthcare workers.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:00:52 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2020, 06:39:12 pm »
I'm just going to let mine grow. In my bad ol' days, it was a lot longer.

So was my husband’s.  I was sad when he started wanting it cut shorter to look a bit more professional...... during the ‘80’s I think....

He still has his moustache that he grew in college to look older!   :laugh:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2020, 06:43:27 pm »
In the Ohio press conference today the new numbers were announced.

Cases: 867
Deaths: 15

Important number..... 145 healthcare workers have tested positive.

Please remember that our staying home is helping to keep that number down.

If our medical professionals get sick, we’re all in big trouble.

Online DB

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2020, 07:41:34 pm »
Low testosterone soy boy beta males, like myself, have naturally slow hair growth.  I often go a couple weeks without shaving, but eventually my sensitive skin compels me.  I shoot for the freshly homeless look.

I'm more caveman.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2020, 08:14:43 pm »
musiclady wrote:
"If our medical professionals get sick, we’re all in big trouble..."

The mail came today with a letter from my primary care physician, who I've been seeing regularly for 23 years (and irregularly before that) -- he's retiring, effective next month.

Well... he's up around 80, so I guess he's earned a good retirement.
Perhaps he realized it's time to get out while the gettin' is still good, and he's still alive.
But it's not going to be easy to find a replacement...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2020, 08:48:47 pm »
musiclady wrote:
"If our medical professionals get sick, we’re all in big trouble..."

The mail came today with a letter from my primary care physician, who I've been seeing regularly for 23 years (and irregularly before that) -- he's retiring, effective next month.

Well... he's up around 80, so I guess he's earned a good retirement.
Perhaps he realized it's time to get out while the gettin' is still good, and he's still alive.
But it's not going to be easy to find a replacement...
A business partner of ours has a good friend who was very ill with the virus.  They had a hard time finding the malaria drug combo, but had connections to get it.  The next day they were fine.  Nice having first hand knowledge that it is working.  Thank you Lord!

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2020, 08:57:33 pm »

Oh ... I'm so hoping that she sees that picture.  Enough said.   888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2020, 09:03:29 pm »
Ok...how many other people are too lazy to shave, since we are stuck at home during this quarantine?

Other than a brief time in 1985, I've had a ~full beard since 1982. Does that count? 888high58888
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2020, 09:18:23 pm »
By this page, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , NY has 10X the number of coronavirus cases as does CA, despite CA having the higher population. Even if one factors in international airports' international travelers, LAX is not too far behind JFK, and SFO is slightly higher than EWR (Newark, NJ), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States#25_busiest_US_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic_(2018) . Why are NY and NJ so far ahead of CA in coronavirus cases?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:20:57 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.