Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158821 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2525 on: May 28, 2020, 01:31:21 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

This is confusing to me. Are they trying to tell us this virus is racist and only gives lung blood clots to people of African origin?

Or are they saying they are just focusing on how blacks are affected,and don't know if the same applies to Caucasians,Asians,and His or Her Panics?

It's the Newports.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2526 on: May 28, 2020, 01:32:59 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

This is confusing to me. Are they trying to tell us this virus is racist and only gives lung blood clots to people of African origin?

Or are they saying they are just focusing on how blacks are affected,and don't know if the same applies to Caucasians,Asians,and His or Her Panics?
Don't read too much into it; the article said they only studied black people. I don't see why it would be any different for other races.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2527 on: May 28, 2020, 01:37:37 pm »
@catfish1957

LOL! That was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I got to the bottom of your paragraph.

This might be good news to me because if it is true,I am most likely am now immune to it.

LOL...

And the fact our ancestors were the orignial purveyors of social distancing...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2528 on: May 28, 2020, 01:40:23 pm »
Every disease has a level genetic pre-disposition, and obvious some demographics are harder hit than others.

While browsing the COVID maps, I noticed one strange thing.  It seems that a lot of counties that are highly populated by Scotch-Irish (good bit of my ancestry) VA, WV, NC, TN, KY, AR seem to be less hit than others.  That may be randomness, but I think 300 years of moonshine has had a side benefit. :cool:

LOL! Mountain folk... and no surprise... though maybe not just likker.
Hillbillies are separate from town... don't go in too often. Grow their own food, so not going to the grocery store... Divorced from others, even among themselves, separation between families/farms...
AND moonshine... and mountain medicine.

You'll find the same thing in the Rockies. happy77

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2529 on: May 28, 2020, 01:58:46 pm »
@musiclady

Thanks,I had forgotten about the actor. He's out of the hospital now,isn't he? Seems like I caught a part of an interview of him on tv one day.

He's still hospitalized, and has been since March.  I think he's had a recent lung infection, though, and quite a few set backs.

Not out of the woods yet.

I only know about him because we really like Blue Bloods and he's been on several of them (and updates about him keep showing up on my phone's Google feed).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2530 on: May 28, 2020, 02:03:00 pm »
Don't read too much into it; the article said they only studied black people. I don't see why it would be any different for other races.

African Americans are dying at a much greater rate, so I'm sure they are interested in finding out why.

Obviously most live in highly congested areas, many have health issues, and many also are reluctant to go to Doctors, but the difference in the percentages is pretty significant.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2531 on: May 28, 2020, 02:05:01 pm »
Every disease has a level genetic pre-disposition, and obvious some demographics are harder hit than others.

While browsing the COVID maps, I noticed one strange thing.  It seems that a lot of counties that are highly populated by Scotch-Irish (good bit of my ancestry) VA, WV, NC, TN, KY, AR seem to be less hit than others.  That may be randomness, but I think 300 years of moonshine has had a side benefit. :cool:

Could be.  :laugh:

Or could be the natural social distancing the mountains provide.....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2532 on: May 28, 2020, 02:26:06 pm »
Could be.  :laugh:

Or could be the natural social distancing the mountains provide.....

Or....Raciss Trump and China got together to develop a disease that targets black people.

:sarc:

(You KNOW Farrakhan is already preaching this!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2533 on: May 28, 2020, 06:02:26 pm »
Blood clots clogged lungs of African American coronavirus victims, study finds

Autopsies on 10 African American patients who died from COVID-19 show their lungs were filled with blood clots, according to a new study.

The autopsies were performed at University Medical Center in New Orleans by a team of pathologists from the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans. It's believed to be the first autopsy series on African Americans whose cause of death was attributed to COVID-19, according to the study, which was published Wednesday in monthly scientific journal The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.

The small vessel clotting is a new finding that appears to be specific to COVID-19, according to the study.

https://wjtn.com/news-and-closings/national-headlines/411604f6de6d426080d7dbf70bfc7162
IIRC, this was found in victims early on in California. It is believed to be a Cytokine Storm sort of phenomenon. (see the last article in the links below). It is not confined to African-Americans, by any measure.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-05-26/blood-clots-pose-coronavirus-threat

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/22/coronavirus-blood-clots/

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/blood-clots-coronavirus-tpa/

and How does coronavirus kill? Clinicians trace a ferocious rampage through the body, from brain to toes

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/how-does-coronavirus-kill-clinicians-trace-ferocious-rampage-through-body-brain-toes
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2534 on: May 28, 2020, 06:40:56 pm »
Blood clots clogged lungs of African American coronavirus victims, study finds

Autopsies on 10 African American patients who died from COVID-19 show their lungs were filled with blood clots, according to a new study.

The autopsies were performed at University Medical Center in New Orleans by a team of pathologists from the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans. It's believed to be the first autopsy series on African Americans whose cause of death was attributed to COVID-19, according to the study, which was published Wednesday in monthly scientific journal The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.

The small vessel clotting is a new finding that appears to be specific to COVID-19, according to the study.

https://wjtn.com/news-and-closings/national-headlines/411604f6de6d426080d7dbf70bfc7162

Interesting.  This article mentions an African American man with clots in the lungs, but they were identified while he was alive, no autopsy needed:

This small Texas hospital is finding ways to save COVID-19 patients

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-15/this-small-texas-hospital-is-finding-ways-to-save-covid-19-patients

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2535 on: May 28, 2020, 06:45:51 pm »
Interesting.  This article mentions an African American man with clots in the lungs, but they were identified while he was alive, no autopsy needed:

This small Texas hospital is finding ways to save COVID-19 patients

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-15/this-small-texas-hospital-is-finding-ways-to-save-covid-19-patients
I saw that story when it came out a couple weeks ago. It is a good read. HCQ is apparently a standard course of treatment there.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2536 on: May 28, 2020, 06:51:13 pm »
African Americans are dying at a much greater rate, so I'm sure they are interested in finding out why.

Obviously most live in highly congested areas, many have health issues, and many also are reluctant to go to Doctors, but the difference in the percentages is pretty significant.

Due to their dark skin, it's also not unusual for them to have a vitamin D deficiency which affects the immune system.  Also, I would not be surprised to learn that residents of assisting living facilities, many of whom never get any sunlight to make their own vitamin D, are deficient as well and are not given a supplement to make up for it.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30183-2/fulltext

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2537 on: May 28, 2020, 06:58:12 pm »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2538 on: May 28, 2020, 07:00:04 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

Of course it would. Blacks have some DNA that is different,or they wouldn't be black. I am guessing the same is true of Asians and other smaller groups.

Sickle Cell Anemia is one disease that comes to mind.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2539 on: May 28, 2020, 07:06:02 pm »
Due to their dark skin, it's also not unusual for them to have a vitamin D deficiency which affects the immune system.  Also, I would not be surprised to learn that residents of assisting living facilities, many of whom never get any sunlight to make their own vitamin D, are deficient as well and are not given a supplement to make up for it.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30183-2/fulltext

Good points.  Vitamin D is extremely important for good health, and I know that older people who take enough have a higher survival rate if they do get Covid.

But the lack of sunlight in congregate settings such as nursing homes, compounded with age, makes sense.

I didn't know that darker skin creates a vitamin D deficiency....  Interesting....  Thanks!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2540 on: May 28, 2020, 09:14:10 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Of course it would. Blacks have some DNA that is different,or they wouldn't be black. I am guessing the same is true of Asians and other smaller groups.

Sickle Cell Anemia is one disease that comes to mind.
Sickle Cell Anemia thwarts the malaria parasite. I wonder if it helps or hurts with COVID?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2541 on: May 28, 2020, 09:50:44 pm »
Sickle Cell Anemia thwarts the malaria parasite. I wonder if it helps or hurts with COVID?

@Smokin Joe

Probably a good question,but I am most definitely the wrong person to ask.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2542 on: May 29, 2020, 01:57:59 am »
Are Temperature Checks Just Covid-Prevention Theater?
Monitoring customers and employees for fevers is becoming common practice, but maybe it shouldn’t.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,403456.msg2219255.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2543 on: May 29, 2020, 02:17:13 am »
The swimming pool at a local park will open soon. It was just reported that employees will be checking patrons' temperatures.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2544 on: May 29, 2020, 02:29:29 am »
The swimming pool at a local park will open soon. It was just reported that employees will be checking patrons' temperatures.  *****rollingeyes*****

External temperature should be consistently equal to the temperature of the water in the pool, +/- a couple.  Am I missing something?  Did the laws of thermodynamics take a vacay?

And don't most pools run around 80F?
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2545 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:20 am »
Due to their dark skin, it's also not unusual for them to have a vitamin D deficiency which affects the immune system.

Melanin does inhibit the efficiency of Vitamin D synthesis from UVB radiation.  However, it isn't a factor when governments are ordering citizens to remain indoors.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2546 on: May 29, 2020, 02:33:24 am »
External temperature should be consistently equal to the temperature of the water in the pool, +/- a couple.  Am I missing something?  Did the laws of thermodynamics take a vacay?

And don't most pools run around 80F?
The first few weeks after the pools open, the water is just above freezing.... at least it feels that way.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2547 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:26 am »
The first few weeks after the pools open, the water is just above freezing.... at least it feels that way.

It takes a while for the urine to warm em up I guess...  :shrug: :whistle:

LOL! This whole thing is funny to me... Pick a lake... pick a river.... heck, pick a pond or a creek... They couldn't stop that sort of thing here if they tried. Not that ppl would stand for it anyhow.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2548 on: May 29, 2020, 02:43:28 am »

LOL! This whole thing is funny to me... Pick a lake... pick a river.... heck, pick a pond or a creek... They couldn't stop that sort of thing here if they tried. Not that ppl would stand for it anyhow.

They aren't standing for it in deep-blue southern California, either.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2549 on: May 29, 2020, 02:47:23 am »

The problem in suburbia is that all the "natural" water is so polluted you don't dare swim in it...