Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158832 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2425 on: May 21, 2020, 04:21:34 am »

I can't keep up with their ever changing narrative.
there is a reason for that. No matter what happens, they will have a statement to cover it, and will make themselves out to be experts while their other, wrong stuff gets scrubbed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2426 on: May 21, 2020, 12:14:29 pm »
@GrouchoTex

They also tend to have assets you can inherit.

Not that I think anyone on the left would be so crass as to lust after material things,you understand.

No, of course not!
 :cool:

Offline corbe

« Reply #2427 on: May 21, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2428 on: May 21, 2020, 07:33:54 pm »
05-21-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  6.847 ↑  2.167 ↓
United States  3.898 ↑  4.304 ↓
China 16.885 ↑  1.060 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 798,080
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 29.3 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 34.8 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2429 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:48 pm »
Southern Alberta researchers say medical cannabis could help fight COVID-19
Before you laugh, it's only a few strains of cannabis sativa, high in CBD but low in the THC that gives you a high—basically hemp

One of the receptors, known as ACE2, has now been shown to be a key gateway, to how the COVID-19 virus enters the body.

"The virus has the capacity to bind to it, and pull it into the cell, almost like a doorway," Olga says.

Other key receptors allow the virus to enter other cells more easily and multiply rapidly. But some cannabis extracts help to reduce inflammation and slow down the virus.

The early discoveries indicate the cannabis extracts could be used in inhalers, mouthwash and throat gargle products for both clinical practice and at-home treatment.

More from CFCN:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/southern-alberta-researchers-say-medical-cannabis-could-help-fight-covid-19-1.4906249
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2430 on: May 21, 2020, 09:32:49 pm »
Southern Alberta researchers say medical cannabis could help fight COVID-19
Before you laugh, it's only a few strains of cannabis sativa, high in CBD but low in the THC that gives you a high—basically hemp

One of the receptors, known as ACE2, has now been shown to be a key gateway, to how the COVID-19 virus enters the body.

"The virus has the capacity to bind to it, and pull it into the cell, almost like a doorway," Olga says.

Other key receptors allow the virus to enter other cells more easily and multiply rapidly. But some cannabis extracts help to reduce inflammation and slow down the virus.

The early discoveries indicate the cannabis extracts could be used in inhalers, mouthwash and throat gargle products for both clinical practice and at-home treatment.

More from CFCN:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/southern-alberta-researchers-say-medical-cannabis-could-help-fight-covid-19-1.4906249

Interesting news. My wife is all jazzed about CBD products. Me, I’m still skeptical. All I see is the exorbitant prices these online companies are charging, which I see is a result of all the hype CBD is getting. Seems like it’s being touted as a miracle cure for everything from toenail fungus to spider veins.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2431 on: May 21, 2020, 09:59:42 pm »
"Southern Alberta researchers say medical cannabis could help fight COVID-19"

Heh.
The potheads will claim that "medical" marijuana is the cure for everything...

Offline corbe

« Reply #2432 on: May 21, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »
     I was drinking Tonic (quinine) mixed with anything AND smoking Pot, even before Trump suggested that I move on to the 'harder stuff', Mainlining Clorox. 

Glad I took the healthy route.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2433 on: May 22, 2020, 01:05:00 am »
"Southern Alberta researchers say medical cannabis could help fight COVID-19"

Heh.
The potheads will claim that "medical" marijuana is the cure for everything...

@Fishrrman

It is a definite cure for someone that is in need of a buzz.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2434 on: May 22, 2020, 01:17:50 am »
If you are elderly or have a compromised immune system though....you get it...you likely die.  Those people do need protected.
@mrpotatohead

I have several people insisting I go to church as the church is open with distance between people sitting in church.  They are told to bring a mask and wear it but I don't know if all of them are doing that.  I am 86 - if I went there and caught the virus, the ones wanting me to go there would say, "Gee, I didn't think you would get it."  And, I would still have it and likely die, just because I gave in and went there.

I am telling them, my children need me and I'm not taking that chance.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2435 on: May 22, 2020, 01:40:13 am »
@mrpotatohead

I have several people insisting I go to church as the church is open with distance between people sitting in church.  They are told to bring a mask and wear it but I don't know if all of them are doing that.  I am 86 - if I went there and caught the virus, the ones wanting me to go there would say, "Gee, I didn't think you would get it."  And, I would still have it and likely die, just because I gave in and went there.

The elderly, trapped in NY, MI, PA and CA, did not get that choice.  They were not allowed to escape their nursing homes as the State forced the homes to take recovering COVID patients, and would not allow them to be tested (fear of discrimination and stigmatizing sick people).

I thank God you live in a free state.  The Northern Dem states are not free states.  Free states do not practice eugenics.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2436 on: May 22, 2020, 01:50:55 am »
@mrpotatohead

@Victoria33

Smart move!

I,for one,am glad that was the decision you made.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2437 on: May 22, 2020, 02:07:28 am »
By all means, if you don't feel safe, don't go out where people are gathering. People should feel free to do whatever is best for their particular situation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2438 on: May 22, 2020, 02:11:37 am »
@mrpotatohead

You have just as much of a risk of getting it from your children. Remember that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2439 on: May 22, 2020, 02:17:19 am »
@mrpotatohead

Good call.

There have been places where indoor meetings took place with social distancing and the virus still spread.

At 86 it's just not worth the risk.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2440 on: May 22, 2020, 02:21:33 am »
By all means, if you don't feel safe, don't go out where people are gathering. People should feel free to do whatever is best for their particular situation.

Exactly. GREAT post.

Our health and safety are our own responsibility and should not require that others forfeit their God given rights. Many of us consider that dying in its own way.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:23:06 am by skeeter »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2441 on: May 22, 2020, 02:24:51 am »
I can report here that after 11 weeks I had an appointment at a hair salon.  happy77

We were asked to wait in our cars until our hairdresser was ready and were called into the building (it's very spacious).

The people at the desk had face shields and all the staff wore masks.  Most of the staff asked their clients to wear masks (mine did because she has a mother with both cardio and pulmonary issues and doesn't want to take unnecessary risks).

There was no one in the 3 stations around us, and I stayed in the same seat other than for the shampoo.  They had added plexiglass barriers between the sinks for safety.

I was surprised that they hadn't acquired a credit card reader for payment, but there was hand sanitizer there to use.

I left the place singing, "I feel pretty.... oh so pretty....."   :laugh:

One more outing and one more business open and thriving!  We're coming back, people!!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2442 on: May 22, 2020, 03:00:00 am »
@mrpotatohead

You are making a very wise decision.  I look after my mom who is about to be 90, so I have to be careful as well.  I did play tennis tonight though...but I'm careful who I play with.

May God bless you and protect you @Victoria33

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2443 on: May 22, 2020, 04:38:49 am »
@musiclady  I'm sure it was a great feeling to get to the salon. My hairdresser is in the neighboring state that's still shut down. It could be several weeks before I have a chance to see her. Dare I visit a local salon and have a complete stranger do my hair?  8888huh
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2444 on: May 22, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »
@musiclady  I'm sure it was a great feeling to get to the salon. My hairdresser is in the neighboring state that's still shut down. It could be several weeks before I have a chance to see her. Dare I visit a local salon and have a complete stranger do my hair?  8888huh

What is it with you ladies? My wife is the same. Even if we were motoring a thousand miles away for a vacation, she’d hop a plane just to get back to her gal.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2445 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:38 pm »
You have just as much of a risk of getting it from your children. Remember that.
@jmyrefuller

My children are grown and live in Cardiff, Wales.  We speak every other day on Skype to keep up with each other.  Wales still has people staying home except for going to grocery store and grocery stores there only let a few people in at one time.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2446 on: May 22, 2020, 01:22:23 pm »
You are making a very wise decision.  I look after my mom who is about to be 90, so I have to be careful as well.  I did play tennis tonight though...but I'm careful who I play with.
May God bless you and protect you @Victoria33
@mrpotatohead
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

A story taking place now; the new reality:

My son owns his company, "Inspire Film and TV".  He lives in Cardiff, Wales, and London.  Right now he is starting a film, "The Wild West".  He will be filming in three western US States, from his home in Cardiff, Wales.   Yes, that is right, he will stay in Cardiff while filming in the US.

If he came to this country, he would have to isolate for two weeks; when he would return to Wales or London, he would have to isolate two weeks, so this is how he will film from his house:

Two or three people who film in this country, will be hired to go to the western three states and, as they film, son will be on Skype telling them what to film, how to film it, and he will watch while they do it, continuing to give them instructions.  Their filming will go to him right then so he will have it to work on while they go to another state.

This is the reality of where we are right now - innovation to do things another way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2447 on: May 22, 2020, 01:58:32 pm »
How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns

In the face of a novel virus threat, China clamped down on its citizens. Academics used faulty information to build faulty models. Leaders relied on these faulty models. Dissenting views were suppressed. The media flamed fears and the world panicked.

That is the story of what may eventually be known as one of the biggest medical and economic blunders of all time. The collective failure of every Western nation, except one, to question groupthink will surely be studied by economists, doctors, and psychologists for decades to come...

Excerpt: Rest at the above link.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2448 on: May 22, 2020, 02:01:38 pm »

I've gone to the same salon for 20 years (though they moved to a new location recently which is good because the space is much larger and distancing possible), and to the same hairdresser for most of that.  Before that, I just trimmed my own hair and cut my husband's and four kids' as well......... saved a lot of money over the years.  happy77

That's why I figured I could splurge in my old age and get my hair done once a month!   

Occasionally I've gone to different people in the same salon but going to a different place would be a different story.

HOWEVER.......... it depends on how long you're willing to go with a DIY hairdo.  wink777

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2449 on: May 22, 2020, 02:04:30 pm »
@jmyrefuller

My children are grown and live in Cardiff, Wales.  We speak every other day on Skype to keep up with each other.  Wales still has people staying home except for going to grocery store and grocery stores there only let a few people in at one time.

I have a son living overseas and things are MUCH stricter in the country where he lives.  They have not been able to leave their apartment for anything but groceries since their lockdown began.

It's been really tough for my son since he's a distance runner and has only been able to do workouts at home.

People here have to remember that this is a global pandemic and things are bad everywhere.  In fact, those of us in Red States are less restricted than most of the world is.