Author Topic: Senate appears close to a deal over massive coronavirus stimulus bill  (Read 330 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-coronavirus-economic-stimulus-package-bill-2020-03-24/
Washington — The Senate appeared to be inching closer to a deal on a massive stimulus bill to respond to the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday, following two days of negotiations between Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

A final vote on the bill could still happen Tuesday night, but it is looking more likely that it will take place Wednesday, multiple congressional sources tell CBS News, as new elements of the deal must still be converted into legislative text that negotiators can review.

Markets reacted positively to the news, with the Dow rising more than 11% on hopes that both sides were coming to an agreement.

More at link...

The markets could also have reacted to our President suggesting light by Easter.  I hope he's right.

Offline bilo

Re: Senate appears close to a deal over massive coronavirus stimulus bill
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:07 pm »
Now it's being reported that Pelosi and Schumer are negotiating the deal with Munchin and there will only be a voice vote on it with no time to read it.

Why am I getting the feeling that Trump just made the biggest mistake of his presidency.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 11:27:02 pm »
Has anyone heard or read that these stimulus checks have to be re-paid..with your 2020 income taxes?

I read an article early today and for the life of me can't find it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:31:21 pm »
Has anyone heard or read that these stimulus checks have to be re-paid..with your 2020 income taxes?

I read an article early today and for the life of me can't find it.

I heard that today from a co worker.  Said it would come out of our 2020 income taxes.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.