Author Topic: 65 Texas House Democrats push Gov. Abbott for statewide stay-at-home order  (Read 397 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Taylor Goldenstein March 24, 2020

Sixty-five Democratic Texas House members penned a letter Tuesday urging Gov. Greg Abbott to issue a statewide stay-at-home order in the face of the intensifying coronavirus crisis.

“We recognize a statewide order of this magnitude will have an unprecedented impact on Texans and their livelihoods; we did not come to this decision lightly,” the letter reads. “Each and every one of us are fully prepared to provide employees, employers, and families the necessary relief and support such an order will require. However, despite the hardship, the best science we have is clear that this is the best way forward for our state and our country.”

Abbott, who is scheduled to give an update on the state's response at 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, has resisted calls to do so, saying the decision needs to be up to local leaders and pointing to parts of the state that have not yet been hit hard with infections.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Texas-House-Democrats-Abbott-coronavirus-shelter-15153686.php

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He should tell them to pound sand.  What makes sense for Houston, home of this rag, makes no sense at all for Lubbock.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He should tell them to pound sand.  What makes sense for Houston, home of this rag, makes no sense at all for Lubbock.
Or my farm where the nearest neighbor is half mile away
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington