Author Topic: Dow Soars More Than 2000 Points, Best Day Since 1933  (Read 896 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dow Soars More Than 2000 Points, Best Day Since 1933
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:15:07 pm »
John Carney 24 Mar 2020

Stocks stormed upward on Tuesday as investors assessed that the likelihood of an economic rescue deal out of the nation’s capital had increased.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose by more than 2,112.98 points, or 9.69 percent. The S&P 500 climbed 9.38 percent. The Nasdaq Composite jumped 8.12 percent.

That was the best one-day gain for the Dow since 1933.

All 11 sectors of the S&P jumped higher. Energy was the best performing sector, rising 16.29 percent. After that, industrials and financials were the next best-performing sectors, rising by 12.94 percent and 12.84 percent respectively. The worst sector, consumer staples, rose by an otherwise impressive 4.29 percent.

The best performing Dow stocks were Chevron’s 22.5 percent gain, American Express with a 21.24 percent rise, and Boeing with a 19.6 percent gain. Verizon, the only Dow stock to fall, dropped 1.16 percent.

Investors bid up stock prices on the hopes that an economic rescue deal seemed close to being reached on Capitol Hill. Yet as of the market close on Tuesday, no definitive deal had yet been reached.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/03/24/stocks-go-boom-dow-jumps-1600-points-on-rescue-deal-hopes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Dow Soars More Than 2000 Points, Best Day Since 1933
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:23:34 pm »
If the Senate does not pass a bill tonight, it will be a bad day tomorrow. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 10:51:55 pm »
If the Senate does not pass a bill tonight, it will be a bad day tomorrow.

On the other hand ... if the stimulus does pass tomorrow ...maybe another record day?  Futures are only up 184 pts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:14:17 pm »
On the other hand ... if the stimulus does pass tomorrow ...maybe another record day?  Futures are only up 184 pts.

It's hard to say.  If it passes the Senate and is DOA in the house, there will be a drop.  If the Senate doesn't vote tonight, there will be a drop.  And, as it's easy to figure out if there's a vote and it fails, there will be a big drop.  I see a "passing" vote as being baked in the cake, so there probably won't be much (if any) gain tomorrow. 

There will be profit taking no matter what.  10% is a big leap for a day.

There needs to be two votes, and probably a couple hours of debate in between so it is not likely it will pass all the way through the Senate tonight.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 11:17:57 pm »
It's hard to say.  If it passes the Senate and is DOA in the house, there will be a drop.  If the Senate doesn't vote tonight, there will be a drop.  And, as it's easy to figure out if there's a vote and it fails, there will be a big drop.  I see a "passing" vote as being baked in the cake, so there probably won't be much (if any) gain tomorrow. 

There will be profit taking no matter what.  10% is a big leap for a day.

There needs to be two votes, and probably a couple hours of debate in between so it is not likely it will pass all the way through the Senate tonight.

I personally hope there is never a bill that contains any of the shit Pelosi is trying to shove down our throats.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 11:20:35 pm »
I personally hope there is never a bill that contains any of the shit Pelosi is trying to shove down our throats.

I think there is very little chance of that happening.  May not even be a measurable chance.  Have you ever seen roaches scatter as fast as they did when the light was turned on the bill?
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 11:32:09 pm »
I think there is very little chance of that happening.  May not even be a measurable chance.  Have you ever seen roaches scatter as fast as they did when the light was turned on the bill?

Perhaps that is so but my hope remains never-the-less.  There will never be a better time to stand and fight IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 11:33:59 pm »
Fox is reporting that they're talking about 6 trillion dollars of "stimulus"!!!

No wonder they stock market is shooting up - in terms of dollars. They aren't going to be worth anything...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 11:39:26 pm »
Perhaps that is so but my hope remains never-the-less.  There will never be a better time to stand and fight IMHO.

Gotta watch 'em every minute.   *look*

It's like the probability of being killed by a monkey.  It's small, but not zero.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:40:24 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:45 pm »
Fox is reporting that they're talking about 6 trillion dollars of "stimulus"!!!

No wonder they stock market is shooting up - in terms of dollars. They aren't going to be worth anything...

What 98% of John Q. Public does not understand is what  happens when you dilute your currency base with an infusion of $6T. 
Not a gold bug, but shit like this is driving me in that direction.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 02:35:10 am »
:amen:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 05:02:29 am »

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1242551578038611971
GOP @GOP

Dow posts BIGGEST percent gain since 1933
3:39 PM · Mar 24, 2020

Great Job GOP, so 1933's like in the middle of the Great Depression right?   :pondering: