Author Topic: Mark Meadows joins White House negotiators in relief package talks while still a congressman  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mark Meadows joins White House negotiators in relief package talks while still a congressman
by Kerry Picket
 | March 24, 2020 03:59 PM

Mark Meadows has one foot planted in the executive branch and the other the legislative branch of the federal government.

The Republican North Carolina representative and incoming White House chief of staff spent Tuesday on Capitol Hill as a member of the Trump White House team to negotiate the terms of a coronavirus financial relief package.

Meadows, 60, is slated to take over as the president's chief of staff soon but hasn't yet resigned from the western North Carolina House seat he's held since 2013.

"I am still a member of Congress. Mick Mulvaney is the acting chief. I am the transition," Meadows told the Washington Examiner as he walked toward the office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/meadows-joins-white-house-negotiators-in-relief-package-talks-while-still-a-congressman
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Whatever they end up with they better read it closely before voting. If nothing else the Rats have confirmed (once again) that they can not be trusted.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Good for Meadows, for America, for the President

Of course, in my opinion, the article implies this is a bad thing.

That is of course the dominant, ongoing, permanent theme of most of the media.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

Good for Meadows, for America, for the President

Of course, in my opinion, the article implies this is a bad thing.

That is of course the dominant, ongoing, permanent theme of most of the media.

Just a side note, but I think this might be more typical than people realize. I was talking with my younger son today (mid-20's) and mentioned how no matter what Trump does the media and Rats act like it was a bad thing. My son laughed and said it's so true! He wasn't all that interested in politics until the last year or so, but now he's starting to see how much he's been lied to over the years. I think a lot of people are starting to see.

Trump has been pretty darn good through this whole thing.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home