Author Topic: Trump: 'I Canceled' $2T Stimulus Deal Over Pelosi Additions  (Read 351 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump: 'I Canceled' $2T Stimulus Deal Over Pelosi Additions
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:59:32 pm »
Trump: 'I Canceled' $2T Stimulus Deal Over Pelosi Additions

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3827893/posts

"President Donald Trump Tuesday said he was the person who canceled the deal to pass coronavirus legislation in excess of $2 trillion after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi included "a lot of things" that had nothing to do with people who have been put out of work because of closures over the spreading coronavirus epidemic.
"I canceled the deal," he said in a Fox News virtual town hall. "I said, 'I'm not going to send that deal.' Nancy Pelosi came and put a lot of things in the deal that had nothing to do with the workers, that has to do with an agenda they've been trying to get passed for ten years."
Trump said he told Vice President Mike Pence and several other key Republicans that there was "no way" he would sign the deal.
"We almost had a deal the day before," said Trump about an agreement between the Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.
"It was really a good, solid deal," said Trump. "All (of a) sudden they start throwing all the little green new deal stuff in. The board rooms, what they look like. 'We want clean energy, we want all this stuff. Let's stop drilling oil.' They had things that were terrible. Windmills all over the place, all sorts of credits for windmills. To kill the breeze and ruin the real estate, right? A lot of problems."

snip
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump: 'I Canceled' $2T Stimulus Deal Over Pelosi Additions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:18 pm »
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-pelosi-bill-stimulus/2020/03/24/id/959745/

Hadline is supported by body of article. No actual or implied #nevertrump bullshite
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:02:32 pm »
Great News @truth.  I hope he sticks to that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 11:30:00 pm »
And then he signs it and calls a Conservative grandstander for opposing it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.