Author Topic: Mixed messages: Biden says to not call Trump a liar for coronavirus inaccuracies after repeatedly do  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mixed messages: Biden says to not call Trump a liar for coronavirus inaccuracies after repeatedly doing so
by Emily Larsen
 | March 24, 2020 02:22 PM

Joe Biden suggested that it is not productive to say that President Trump is lying when he says something inaccurate about the response to the coronavirus pandemic, despite his campaign repeatedly pointing out "lies" from the president about the respiratory virus in recent weeks.

"The American people don't want us in a political fight, and I want no part of a political fight either," the former vice president said Tuesday on The View. "But when the president says things that, in fact, turn out not to be accurate, we should not say, 'You're lying.' We should say, 'Mr. President, that's not the fact, here's the deal.'"

Biden, 77, gave an example. "When he said we had all the tests available. Well, they weren't available. Now, maybe he didn't know they weren't available, but it's important for people to know that they weren't available yet."

However, the former vice president's campaign has repeatedly called Trump a liar when critiquing the president's response to the global health crisis.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mixed-messages-biden-says-to-not-call-trump-a-liar-for-coronavirus-inaccuracies-after-repeatedly-doing-so
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Biden is suffering from TDS, and I know a thing or two about that.  Biden has been told, and has successfully regurgitated the advice from his communications advisor.  Calling President Trump a liar just closes the brains of his voters, and even some fair minded moderates.  They'll just tune out, or worse get angry at Biden in defense of their President.  That's a problem for him because he needs to carve away some of those votes to win in Nov.  He would be much more persuasive if he said President Trump is mistaken and let the listener decide if it is a lie.  Biden may understand this and believe it is true, however it feels so good to hate and call Trump a liar.  I am not even kidding.  Let me tell you something.  It's like sex, and eating, and video games, and booze all at the same time.  and the temptation is always there because President Trump is always on TV saying something stupid.  Some days it's a schadenfreude smorgasbord calling Trump on it, and you have not lived until you pressed the "we got him" button a few times.

Fortunately I'm not running for office, and I'm trying to wean my way off the stuff.