Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 128432 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »
One of my favorite series to watch comes on NBC (new episodes) and local channel 49 for re-runs I have never seen.

It is Law and Order,SVU. The SVU stands for Special Victims Unit,which translates into rape,child abuse,etc,etc,etc,

First class acting by all involved except for the rap retard,who has all the emotional range of someone that has been dead for several years. He was obviously added to the cast to pull in black viewers. I think he does the best he can do,but that ain't saying much.

It is a gift from heaven for the guest starts that play the victims and the witnesses,because it gives them a chance to strut their stuff on prime time,and maybe help their careers,and there is some seriously good acting going on. There is even the occasional guest star who will surprise you to see them take minor roles.

Good stuff,each drama ends in 1 hour,and it's free. That's a hard trio to beat.

@sneakypete

Give me the original with Lenny Briscoe. I was also a fan of Criminal Intent, I own the later series in its entirety on DVD.

There’s a new Law and Order premiering next month. Stars Christopher Meloni.

Law and Order: Organized Crime’ to Debut With ‘Law and Order: SVU’ Crossover, Reuniting Benson and Stabler

Benson and Stabler are reuniting! NBC has announced that “Law and Order: Organized Crime” starring Christopher Meloni will debut with a “Law and Order: SVU” crossover on April 1.

The two-hour event will begin with a new episode of “SVU” at 9 p.m. ET, followed by the debut of “Organized Crime” at 10. The crossover will reunite Meloni and “SVU” star Mariska Hargitay onscreen for the first time since Meloni departed “SVU” after the show’s 12th season in 2011.

The new series sees Stabler return to the NYPD to battle organized crime after a devastating personal loss. Stabler will aim to rebuild his life as part of a new elite task force that is taking apart the city’s most powerful criminal syndicates one by one.

Benson and Stabler are reuniting! NBC has announced that “Law and Order: Organized Crime” starring Christopher Meloni will debut with a “Law and Order: SVU” crossover on April 1.

The two-hour event will begin with a new episode of “SVU” at 9 p.m. ET, followed by the debut of “Organized Crime” at 10. The crossover will reunite Meloni and “SVU” star Mariska Hargitay onscreen for the first time since Meloni departed “SVU” after the show’s 12th season in 2011.

The new series sees Stabler return to the NYPD to battle organized crime after a devastating personal loss. Stabler will aim to rebuild his life as part of a new elite task force that is taking apart the city’s most powerful criminal syndicates one by one.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/law-order-svu-organized-crime-crossover-1234900786/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2021, 08:28:03 pm »
Btw the new Law and Order isn’t an April Fools Joke

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2021, 09:14:48 pm »
Btw the new Law and Order isn’t an April Fools Joke

@Gefn

The good news is that it doesn't matter if you miss it or not because reruns will be available forever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2021, 09:35:57 pm »
@Gefn

The good news is that it doesn't matter if you miss it or not because reruns will be available forever.

@sneakypete that is why I’m happy I’ll see Lenny Briscoe 9 out of 10 times when I catch it on TV.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:35 pm »
@sneakypete that is why I’m happy I’ll see Lenny Briscoe 9 out of 10 times when I catch it on TV.

@Gefn

I suspect all the cast members as well well as the crew members are happy abou8t it. A steady job is one of the rarest things to be found in show biz.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2021, 04:46:49 am »
Yan Can Cook. Do not ask me why. But it's on YouTube.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2021, 10:41:04 am »
One of my favorite series to watch comes on NBC (new episodes) and local channel 49 for re-runs I have never seen.
It is Law and Order,SVU. The SVU stands for Special Victims Unit,which translates into rape,child abuse,etc,etc,etc,
Good stuff,each drama ends in 1 hour,and it's free. That's a hard trio to beat.
@sneakypete

I watch the episodes every day when I want to stop working on whatever I am doing, have a Diet Coke/cigarette and watch it.  Whoever wrote the episodes in terms of the crime committed is excellent.  I am a crime show watcher; I learn something when I watch them.

In my private practice, a state agency sent me men just out of prison to psychologically test and counsel them.  Due to listening to these ex-prison inmates, I learned how to get rid of a body so no one can find it.  I learned how to discipline your prostitutes so they will do what you say.  Had one who buried a body in his backyard. I kept a weapon in the bottom drawer of my desk and the drawer opened silently, no sound.  One time I opened the drawer and if he had crossed my desk to get to me, I would have shot him.  I carried that weapon when I left my office every day to go to my car. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:59:08 pm by Victoria33 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2021, 03:59:49 pm »
Based on the recommendations here, I've started watching "Bosch". Really enjoying it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2021, 08:17:49 am »
Anybody else watching the Sci-Fi series "His Dark Materials" on HBO?

Maybe THE worse title ever given to a series,but damned if it isn't really good,and this is coming infrom a guy that normally hates the fantasy side of sci-fI.

First class writing,acting,and scenery,and even some 1st class actors/actresses like Ruth Wilson. Frankly,I was surprised to see her in Sci-Fi,but it proves that somebody is willing to spend the bucks to get quality.

Still,whoever came up with that title needs to be taken outside and severely beaten. I have had this show on my watch list since Season 1 came out,and am just now starting to watch it because everytime I would start to watch it,I'd look at the title and tell myself,"Nah,there has to be something on better than that!

Watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 tonight,and am hooked.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2021, 03:52:36 pm »
Peaky Blinders.  I can't believe they did six seasons and I never heard of it.  This is the best series I have seen since the Sopranos.  It is a British series that follows an Irish mafia clan from the early 20th century.  Riveting.

BassWrangler

« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2021, 05:02:43 pm »

Maybe THE worse title ever given to a series,but damned if it isn't really good,and this is coming infrom a guy that normally hates the fantasy side of sci-fI.

First class writing,acting,and scenery,and even some 1st class actors/actresses like Ruth Wilson. Frankly,I was surprised to see her in Sci-Fi,but it proves that somebody is willing to spend the bucks to get quality.

Still,whoever came up with that title needs to be taken outside and severely beaten. I have had this show on my watch list since Season 1 came out,and am just now starting to watch it because everytime I would start to watch it,I'd look at the title and tell myself,"Nah,there has to be something on better than that!

@sneakypete
The title makes more sense when you get farther into the series.

BassWrangler

« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2021, 05:03:19 pm »
Peaky Blinders.  I can't believe they did six seasons and I never heard of it.  This is the best series I have seen since the Sopranos.  It is a British series that follows an Irish mafia clan from the early 20th century.  Riveting.

Oh, that does sound good. I have added it to my Watchlist. Thanks for the recommendation!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2021, 11:19:44 pm »

@massadvj

Well,actually,they are Gypsies that happen to have been born in Ireland.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2021, 11:20:41 pm »
Oh, that does sound good. I have added it to my Watchlist. Thanks for the recommendation!

@BassWrangler

You won't be sorry. I have been watching it since if first aired,and then anxiously waiting for the next season to start.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2021, 11:21:32 pm »
@sneakypete
The title makes more sense when you get farther into the series.

@BassWrangler

I have already figured it out,but that still doesn't excuse that title.

Offline verga

« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2021, 12:19:41 am »

Watched first episode of "Debris" looks good.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

BassWrangler

« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2021, 12:37:34 am »
@BassWrangler

I have already figured it out,but that still doesn't excuse that title.

Yeah, probably some marketing / PR puke came up with that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2021, 01:06:32 am »
Yeah, probably some marketing / PR puke came up with that.

@BassWrangler

I hope he was fired.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2021, 01:20:08 am »
@massadvj

Well,actually,they are Gypsies that happen to have been born in Ireland.

Yes.  Irish Gypsies in Birmingham, England I think.  Tommy Shelby is one of the greatest gangster characters I have seen.  I can't get enough.  I am just starting season 3.

BassWrangler

« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2021, 01:21:11 am »
@BassWrangler

I hope he was fired.

@sneakypete

You know that's not how that works. Probably got a bonus and a promotion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2021, 01:24:31 am »
Yes.  Irish Gypsies in Birmingham, England I think.  Tommy Shelby is one of the greatest gangster characters I have seen. 
@massadvj

I agree,but he has to be careful or Molly will kick his ass.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2021, 08:38:06 am »
I've been watching the USA go down the swirl faster than anything I dropped there!
 :yowsa:

BassWrangler

« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2021, 09:27:31 pm »
Watched first episode of "Debris" looks good.

Good heavens, no. I watched this first episode this morning. It shows all the signs of a class 4 stinker. Bad acting, directionless plot that they'll have trouble converging,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2021, 09:42:29 pm »
Good heavens, no. I watched this first episode this morning. It shows all the signs of a class 4 stinker. Bad acting, directionless plot that they'll have trouble converging,etc.

@BassWrangler

I sorta agree,but it gets better.

BassWrangler

« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2021, 09:54:31 pm »
@BassWrangler

I sorta agree,but it gets better.

I'll see when another episode comes out, but given it's on NBC, I'm not hopeful.