Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127422 times)

Offline verga

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2020, 11:16:31 pm »
I have been watching "The 100" we are up to sean 3 now. So far I likeit, other than the gratuitous Lezbo stuff.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2020, 11:29:05 pm »
Ordered season 1&2 of Trailer Park Boys.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2020, 11:30:41 pm »
Ordered season 1&2 of Trailer Park Boys.

I ❤️ Bubbles.
@rustynail
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2020, 12:47:43 am »
 I just started watching a series I ran into on Fox titled "neXt",and realized there were already two seasons out there shortly after I started watching the first show. The minute I discovered this,I stopped watching that episode and started looking for the first 2 seasons.

Found them on Hulu,and I am glad I looked. I got hooked before the first 15 minutes was watched. It has something for everybody. Tensions,both sexual and physical,conspircies up the yahoo including the classic machine against mankind conspiracy that turns out to be real.

Plus,the stories are very well-written and all the acting seems to be first class.

Too early yet to give it an unquestioned recommendation,but it sure shows promise,so why not watch a couple of episodes and judge for yourself.

I have already judged. I plan on binge-watching as soon as I feel good enough to do that without falling asleep.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2020, 12:48:52 am »
I have been watching "The 100" we are up to sean 3 now. So far I likeit, other than the gratuitous Lezbo stuff.

@verga

Gratuitous lezbo stuff"

There IS such a thing?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2020, 05:36:30 pm »
Did I mention I’m re watching “Black Mirror” again on Netflix?

Tv that makes you think and is outstanding. Can’t say enough for the series. Hit or miss on some episodes but the ones that are good are so good they’ll stay with you a lifetime like The Twilight Zone.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2020, 06:27:33 pm »
Yesterday, I watched a terrific 2000 movie "FREQUENCY", starring Jim Caviezel and Dennis Quaid.

You will NOT be disappointed...

A rare atmospheric phenomenon allows a New York City firefighter to communicate with his son 30 years in the future via HAM radio. The son uses this opportunity to warn the father of his impending death in a warehouse fire, and manages to save his life.

However, what he does not realize is that changing history has triggered a new set of tragic events, including the murder of his mother. The two men must now work together, 30 years apart, to find the murderer before he strikes so that they can change history--again.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2020, 08:48:56 pm »
I'm watching "Rawhide" (Incident Of The Wild Deuces)...... Mushy wins a lot of dough in a card game, and problems ensue. It's positively amazing the different situations those drovers got themselves into on those trail drives.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:45 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow, I'll be watching "The First Circle" (based on Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's novel), a 1992 production by Canada/France.

I've been searching for a downloadable copy for months without success.
Low and behold, it's on YouTube, of all places, in three "pieces":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCsZjJnbiYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNdWgR1rBIk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P--kDqzv4wc

The quality isn't going to be spectacular -- 480p -- but when you can't get it anywhere else, what works, works.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:11 am »
Just got through watching the first season on neXt on Hulu. Season 2 is running now on Fox.

I recommend it highly.

Offline verga

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2020, 12:25:48 pm »
Did I mention I’m re watching “Black Mirror” again on Netflix?

Tv that makes you think and is outstanding. Can’t say enough for the series. Hit or miss on some episodes but the ones that are good are so good they’ll stay with you a lifetime like The Twilight Zone.
I got halfway through the first episode and it seemed boring, I will give it another shot based on your recommendation.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2020, 12:33:57 pm »
Yesterday, I watched a terrific 2000 movie "FREQUENCY", starring Jim Caviezel and Dennis Quaid.

You will NOT be disappointed...

A rare atmospheric phenomenon allows a New York City firefighter to communicate with his son 30 years in the future via HAM radio. The son uses this opportunity to warn the father of his impending death in a warehouse fire, and manages to save his life.

However, what he does not realize is that changing history has triggered a new set of tragic events, including the murder of his mother. The two men must now work together, 30 years apart, to find the murderer before he strikes so that they can change history--again.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Loved that movie, there was a shot at a series a couple of years ago. They did a gender swap with the kid being a daughter instead of a son. And they really made it work. The single season is on Netflix.

Offline verga

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2020, 12:35:09 pm »
Just got through watching the first season on neXt on Hulu. Season 2 is running now on Fox.

I recommend it highly.
:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2020, 01:48:58 pm »
Loved that movie, there was a shot at a series a couple of years ago. They did a gender swap with the kid being a daughter instead of a son. And they really made it work. The single season is on Netflix.

One of my twin sons, now 33, texted me that he was watching the movie (not the series).  He said he gets emotional as it's one of his favorite movies...that he thinks of me each time he watches it.

@verga

I just noticed the series to which you speak, on Netflix, though I am sick and tired of the insertion of the young female in every starring role.

Tell me now, too, there's a gratuitous lesbian relationship and/or scene somewhere along the episodes, right??   9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2020, 02:00:42 pm »
I got halfway through the first episode and it seemed boring, I will give it another shot based on your recommendation.

Don’t start there. I know you liked “The Good Place”. Start with the third season, episode one. Written by the guy who did “Tne Good Place” . I started there, and went from there to season four, then season one and two. Then five came out.

I think you’ll like that episode a lot, it’s one of my favorites from that season. “Nosedive”. (It’s a lot of people’s favorite)
@verga
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:05:19 pm by Gefn »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2020, 02:29:57 pm »
I'm not much for series. I was watching the tube with my son yesterday and we first watched Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) that I found on one of the channels. Afterwards, the movie Beau Geste (1939), popped into my head as a fitting "Second Feature" and my son really enjoyed it, never having seen it before.

Offline verga

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »
One of my twin sons, now 33, texted me that he was watching the movie (not the series).  He said he gets emotional as it's one of his favorite movies...that he thinks of me each time he watches it.

@verga

I just noticed the series to which you speak, on Netflix, though I am sick and tired of the insertion of the young female in every starring role.

Tell me now, too, there's a gratuitous lesbian relationship and/or scene somewhere along the episodes, right??   9999hair out0000
@DCPatriot. I agree, but they were able to make it work. No Gatuitous Lezbo stuf, sorry to disappoint you and @sneakypete.

Offline verga

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2020, 04:33:06 pm »
Don’t start there. I know you liked “The Good Place”. Start with the third season, episode one. Written by the guy who did “Tne Good Place” . I started there, and went from there to season four, then season one and two. Then five came out.

I think you’ll like that episode a lot, it’s one of my favorites from that season. “Nosedive”. (It’s a lot of people’s favorite)
@verga
I will give that a shot.

Offline verga

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2020, 04:39:09 pm »
I'm not much for series. I was watching the tube with my son yesterday and we first watched Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) that I found on one of the channels. Afterwards, the movie Beau Geste (1939), popped into my head as a fitting "Second Feature" and my son really enjoyed it, never having seen it before.
If you like horror classics Amazon Prime has both Nosferatu. You might also check out "M" with Peter Lorre. Great movie. There is also the classic detectives, Maltese falcon and the Thin man stories, and of course Casablanca.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2020, 08:07:06 pm »
If you like horror classics Amazon Prime has both Nosferatu. You might also check out "M" with Peter Lorre. Great movie. There is also the classic detectives, Maltese falcon and the Thin man stories, and of course Casablanca.

Thanks! I love Peter Lorre Movies. I haven't downloaded any movies since I picked up some war movies I hadn't seen before. I have been lax in downloading, but I still have over 1,800 after deleting lots of movies that I got from my son that I don't care about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2020, 02:47:42 am »
The insides of my eyelids for the last three hours.

It's good to open them again and see I haven't even lost my place on the thread I was viewing.

Offline verga

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2020, 12:49:42 pm »
@verga

Gratuitous lezbo stuff"

There IS such a thing?
@sneakypete maybe I should clarify. I have nothing against sex of any kind, in any series or movie as long as it is integral to the story. The issue I have is when they throw it in there just to have people get naked or to appease a demographic. Ten years ago There was a great show on SciFi called "Lost Girl". Great cast, compelling stories, the whole works. About 5 episodes in they reveal that she is bisexual, no problem. By episode 10 or 12, she is kicking boots with everything that moved. I was waiting for the reveal that she was  "Trisexual" and was into beastiality. That was when they lost me. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2020, 04:54:20 pm »
@sneakypete maybe I should clarify. I have nothing against sex of any kind, in any series or movie as long as it is integral to the story. The issue I have is when they throw it in there just to have people get naked or to appease a demographic. Ten years ago There was a great show on SciFi called "Lost Girl". Great cast, compelling stories, the whole works. About 5 episodes in they reveal that she is bisexual, no problem. By episode 10 or 12, she is kicking boots with everything that moved. I was waiting for the reveal that she was  "Trisexual" and was into beastiality. That was when they lost me.

@verga

Yeah,I can agree with that. When a previously successful show suddenly starts throwing in random sex scenes for no apparent reason OTHER than to have sex scenes,that's a sure fire hint that ratings are going down,and they are getting desperate.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2020, 11:04:52 pm »
@verga

Yeah,I can agree with that. When a previously successful show suddenly starts throwing in random sex scenes for no apparent reason OTHER than to have sex scenes,that's a sure fire hint that ratings are going down,and they are getting desperate.

LOL!

The one that jumps to mind is the gay FBI agent and the hillbilly in the Netflix series OZARK. 

happy77

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2020, 01:01:05 am »
Man oh man...what a difference in the last two movies I've watched on Netflix.

The 2nd has to be the absolute worst movie I've seen in many years.  Wanted to stop watching it, but it was SOOO bad,...well it was like rubbernecking  a train wreck.

The plot...the acting...the fight scenes...the entire premise was as if it was written and filmed by high-school kids on the poor side of town.

Starred Ryan Phillipe ... LOL, they had to dress him in baggy shirts because he let his body go to hell.  And he was portrayed as a Green Beret Delta leader.   :silly:

The story was that a SCOTUS justice's daughter was to be kidnapped in order for the judge to rule against the 2nd Amendment...by the CIA director, no less...who inexplicably walks free in the closing scene.  Gimme a break!!

OTOH...Jennifer Garner's "Peppermint" was very good...just came out today on Netflix.  She's quite the badass...after losing her husband and ten year-old daughter in a driveby shooting.

The 2nd was probably filmed in less than a week.  Peppermint was a much higher quality film top to bottom.