Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127391 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2020, 10:34:57 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Sounds interesting. Speaking as someone who is autistic myself,dating/marriage can be a challenge.

BTW,watching it now/.
I did not know that. I was diagnosed with Asperger's as a teen and that's why it piqued my curiosity. (A college friend had recommended the series to me.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:16:01 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2020, 11:56:37 am »
My son told me about Weeds.    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439100/

Seasons 1-4 are very good, funny, and the cast is excellent.

Many walk-ons...it's like the old days of Black & White Westerns.

By season 5 it's a trainwreck, but what's new?

Creator/showrunner Jenji Kohan's hit Showtime satirical drama series told of Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker), a widowed mother of two boys - Silas and Shane (Hunter Parish and Alexander Gould) - who begins selling marijuana to support her family. Other main characters include Nancy's lax brother-in-law Andy (Justin Kirk) moving in to help raise her children; foolish acquaintance Doug Wilson (Kevin Nealon); narcissistic neighbor Celia Hodes (Elizabeth Perkins), who lives with her husband Dean (Andy Milder) and their daughter Isabelle (Allie Grant); as well as Nancy's wholesalers Heylia James and her son Conrad (Tonye Patano and Romany Malco). Over the course of the show, the Botwin family become increasingly entangled in illegal activity.

edited to add:  It's on Netflix

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:01:27 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 05:43:09 pm »
My son told me about Weeds.    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439100/

Seasons 1-4 are very good, funny, and the cast is excellent.

Many walk-ons...it's like the old days of Black & White Westerns.

By season 5 it's a trainwreck, but what's new?

@DCPatriot

I enjoyed all 5 seasons. You have to consider season 5 was the final season,so it was DESIGNED to be a train wreck to wrap it all up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 11:53:08 pm »
     To Have and Have Not, w/Bogart and Bacall   

(w/o Marilyn Monroe)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:54:37 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 12:01:30 am »
@sneakypete

Watching re-runs of "Walking Dead".  New ones start early in October.  Thanks for suggesting "The Wire".  I have Amazon Prime.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 12:38:21 am »
@sneakypete

Watching re-runs of "Walking Dead".  New ones start early in October.  Thanks for suggesting "The Wire". I have Amazon Prime.

@Victoria33

Hard to believe a cast on a weekly show that mostly nobody has ever heard of,can hit a series out of the park like that every episode,ain't it?

Not to mention the writing and directing.

Offline verga

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 01:30:13 am »
@Victoria33

Hard to believe a cast on a weekly show that mostly nobody has ever heard of,can hit a series out of the park like that every episode,ain't it?

Not to mention the writing and directing.
Just finished watching "Designated survivor on Netflix. What is the Wire about?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 01:35:31 am »
   D

Dope and an Informant, in Baltimore.  Never watched it but I know a lot of people that liked it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2020, 01:48:39 am »
   D
Dope and an Informant, in Baltimore.  Never watched it but I know a lot of people that liked it.

Started a re-watch of the splendid 'Marco Polo'.  It will definitely hold your interest.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2020, 02:39:37 am »

@verga

The Baltimore PD versus de homies. Murder galore.

One of the best written and best performed series I have ever watched,and there is not a single episode not worth watching.

No kidding. It really is THAT good. Won a Pelosi-ton of awards while it was still airing.

Offline verga

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2020, 10:56:49 am »
@verga

The Baltimore PD versus de homies. Murder galore.

One of the best written and best performed series I have ever watched,and there is not a single episode not worth watching.

No kidding. It really is THAT good. Won a Pelosi-ton of awards while it was still airing.
I will give it a look see.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2020, 07:22:01 pm »
I will give it a look see.

@verga

This ain't mindless violence,so you need to make sure you start with season 1,episode 1,or you are going to be lost.

Offline verga

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 09:20:14 am »
@verga

This ain't mindless violence,so you need to make sure you start with season 1,episode 1,or you are going to be lost.
I looked on Netflix and did not see it listed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 01:21:54 pm »

So did I, @verga

Offline verga

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2020, 01:41:38 pm »
So did I, @verga
I did start watching "Away" and "Shooter" I have read about 1/3 of the Bob Lee Swagger novels and loved every one of them.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2020, 02:10:26 pm »
I did start watching "Away" and "Shooter" I have read about 1/3 of the Bob Lee Swagger novels and loved every one of them.

I thought "Shooter" was excellent...both the movie with Mark Wahlberg and the series on Netflix.

The Wire can be seen "ON DEMAND" for free if you're a subscriber to the premium channel which features it.  Cinemax, Showtime, etc...one of those.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2020, 02:30:18 pm »
@verga

Highly recommend "Bad Blood"... two seasons, but each can stand on its own.  I liked season two even better than season one.

It stars Kim Coates, who also starred in "Sons of Anarchy".

It's set in Montreal, Canada.  Closest thing to "The Sopranos".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6423364/

:2popcorn:    :beer:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:34:52 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2020, 02:31:20 pm »
I have the wire on my list. I’m still re watching all the Star Treks on Netflix. Of course I take breaks. Going back and forth with Peacock which I get free and binging all the Law and Order franchises.

For trash tv I must confess, I have been watching the 90 day fiancé train wrecks, and Married at First Sight.

There’s another series on Netflix I do really like but I’m afraid you all will think I’m nuts so I’ll leave it alone.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2020, 02:54:19 pm »

@verga @DCPatriot

Ok,I just did a search using my ROKU,and it is being aired on these channels.

HBO
Fandango
Apple
Amazon Prime
VUDU

It is included for free if you subscribe to HBO.

BTW,if you do a web search,you will probably find it listed on other services that are local for people having cable contracts or just wi-fi.

Otherwise it looks like you are going to end up paying the HBO $14.95 per month to Amazon or some other provider anyway.

The other option is to pay one of them $2.99 per episode to watch,or watch in regular definition for $1.99 per episode.

My advise would be to subscribe to HBO and just pay their monthly fee to watch it cheaper,and as a bonus get to watch all the other stuff on HBO for free,also.

I pull in HBO,Amazon Prime,and a couple of thousand other channels on my ROKU,and subscribe to them through ROKU. That way my money is all coming from one source and that makes it easier to keep what I want and dump what I get tired of,and it also has the benefit to ME of my lowest limit credit card is the only one on file with ROKU. Yeah,HBO and others get the details they need to charge it each monthI  from ROKU,but that's ALL they get.

I ain't no financial gooroo,but I strongly recommend that anyone who uses the internet for purchases have a credit card with a 500 dollar limit  and that be the ONLY cc they use for web purchases or monthly subscriptions.

Anyway,I am sure that if you want to take the time to visit all those sources you will find one cutting special deals for new subscribers,and you can lock onto that deal for the first,or every season of The Wire and then watch it or anything else there you want to watch.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:57:40 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2020, 03:03:37 pm »
Btw, today is Star Trek Day.

Star Trek aired its first episode on this day in 1966.

I guess you can say the series Lived Long and Prospered  🖖
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online rustynail

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2020, 03:06:03 pm »
Paint dry.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »
@verga @DCPatriot

HBO
Fandango
Apple
Amazon Prime
VUDU

Thank you, @sneakypete

I had just found it.  It's on HBO on demand.

Funny though....I am subscribed to EVERY premium channel except HBO, yet I am getting it for "Free".

Wondering if HBO is having a subscription drive of sorts and that is the reason.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2020, 03:29:06 pm »
I don't understand why the CLOSED-CAPTION feature isn't synced very well.

It's worthless trying to understand the dialogue with my Tinnitus.

...on ALL Verizon ON DEMAND.

The Discovery and History channels are perfectly synchronized...so I am at a loss to explain it.

Offline verga

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »
@verga @DCPatriot

HBO
Fandango
Apple
Amazon Prime
VUDU

It is included for free if you subscribe to HBO.

BTW,if you do a web search,you will probably find it listed on other services that are local for people having cable contracts or just wi-fi.

Otherwise it looks like you are going to end up paying the HBO $14.95 per month to Amazon or some other provider anyway.

The other option is to pay one of them $2.99 per episode to watch,or watch in regular definition for $1.99 per episode.

My advise would be to subscribe to HBO and just pay their monthly fee to watch it cheaper,and as a bonus get to watch all the other stuff on HBO for free,also.

I pull in HBO,Amazon Prime,and a couple of thousand other channels on my ROKU,and subscribe to them through ROKU. That way my money is all coming from one source and that makes it easier to keep what I want and dump what I get tired of,and it also has the benefit to ME of my lowest limit credit card is the only one on file with ROKU. Yeah,HBO and others get the details they need to charge it each monthI  from ROKU,but that's ALL they get.

I ain't no financial gooroo,but I strongly recommend that anyone who uses the internet for purchases have a credit card with a 500 dollar limit  and that be the ONLY cc they use for web purchases or monthly subscriptions.

Anyway,I am sure that if you want to take the time to visit all those sources you will find one cutting special deals for new subscribers,and you can lock onto that deal for the first,or every season of The Wire and then watch it or anything else there you want to watch.

Hope this helps.
I have Amazon Prime Will go that route

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2020, 04:10:35 pm »
Thank you, @sneakypete

I had just found it.  It's on HBO on demand.

Funny though....I am subscribed to EVERY premium channel except HBO, yet I am getting it for "Free".

Wondering if HBO is having a subscription drive of sorts and that is the reason.   :shrug:

@DCPatriot

Could be. They do it all the time,but "WHY" doesn't matter. What matters is you watch as much of it as you can while it is free.