General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

What are you watching now?

<< < (3/371) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mortarman on April 14, 2020, 03:11:24 am ---I can unnerstan that. I once had an ol' lady who often did that in considerably less. Sometimes with her girl friends.

--- End quote ---

@mortarman 

And you let her and her girlfriends get away?

WTH were you thinking?

mortarman:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on April 14, 2020, 03:47:59 am ---@mortarman 

And you let her and her girlfriends get away?

WTH were you thinking?

--- End quote ---

Turns out she wasn't puttin' up with my crap. You know. She got to naggin' an' such. What really put an end to it was when she couldn't unnerstan the idea of solutions. She was naggin' an' naggin' about me leaving the toilet seat up. So I thought I'd solve the problem by superglueing the seat down. You would think that she would thank me, butt noooooo. She started making disparaging remarks about my "marksmanship". I'll have you know that I am a crack-po-er-shot. Do you realize how hard it is to hit your target at 2:30 in the morning. An' all while standing on a unsteady platform.  Plus the distraction of pantyhose an' over the shoulder boulder holders hanging from the shower rod. Plus that little dish of those flower shaped soap. It's amazing that I got the target 63% of the time under the circumstances.

:pop41:

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mortarman on May 10, 2020, 09:28:06 am ---Turns out she wasn't puttin' up with my crap. You know. She got to naggin' an' such. What really put an end to it was when she couldn't unnerstan the idea of solutions. She was naggin' an' naggin' about me leaving the toilet seat up.

--- End quote ---

@mortarman @mystery-ak  @verga  @DCPatriot @corbe

I always "solved" that problem by pointing out that "I" could remember to put the seat up,"THEY" could damn sure remember to put it down.

I have noticed that most women don't seem to be big fans of logic.

sneakypete:
@mystery-ak @verga @DCPatriot @corbe

UPDATE on MI-5!

Someone edited my post to say MI-5 is no longer available for free on the site I wrote it did,do I did a search on my ROKU and discovered the first 5 seasons are ALMOST free on Brit Box if you can stream video.

Brit Box costs me $7.46 per month,but if you want they have a trial period where you can watch it for free,so you could easily watch all 7 seasons before your trial expires.

There is,of course,a LOT of other stuff on Brit Box that you would probably want to watch too,so be aware!

I will search a few other sites to see if it is available on any free sites,and post them here if I find them.

It shows up periodically on PBS stations,but they are all local,so the station that is local to me might show it and the one local to you isn't showing it. You have to check for yourself.

Sighlass:
I went to IMDb (international move database) and saw that even though no movies were actually showing in movie theaters some were still ranked.  One movie (THE PAINTED BIRD) caught my eye as beyond the regular popcorn movie variety.... It was a movie supposeable about a Jewish kid (movie did not id him as actually Jewish) that finds his way during and after WW2. I decided to give it a try since it was ranked highly....

Let me just say, this movie was HORRIBLE... Just awful. I made it a little over half way and then just started skipping to confirm my suspicions that it only got worse. You have to be one of those people that just likes to subject yourself to punishment to keep watching it. The plot was so weak and rambling you didn't care to follow, the subject matter was all over the place and always followed the pattern of from bad to worse (with one exception thrown in the middle). The kid (main character) said little and you didn't really find yourself caring for him or not. It is like the director wanted to just prode how much crap he could force you to watch.... From forced sex scenes on a minor to bestiality. Just how much before a reasonable person decides this isn't art, this is just seeing how much junk you can make up under the guise of "Jewish folks were treated horrible in the war"....

We have great movies like Schindler's List and The Pianist that are great films even though they show the horrors of war... This movie filmed in Black and White was nowhere close to be the work of art those movies were....

I give the film "The Painted Bird" an F rating.... a waste of 3 hours of your time.

Trailer on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRDuc3IdOn8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version