Author Topic: Trump to press: ‘No, I haven’t consulted past presidents … I don’t think I’m going to learn much’  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to press: ‘No, I haven’t consulted past presidents … I don’t think I’m going to learn much’
March 23, 2020 | Frieda Powers

President Donald Trump is not making plans to consult his predecessors about how to handle the current coronavirus emergency facing his administration.

Trump was asked during a press briefing at the White House on Sunday about the possibility he would reach out to former presidents for advice on how to navigate the nation through the health crisis which currently has over 41,000 confirmed cases in the U.S.

JM Rieger
✔
@RiegerReport

Trump asked if he would reach out to past presidents for coronavirus advice:

“I don’t want to disturb them, bother them. I don’t think I’m going to learn much. … If I felt that if I called I’d learn something and that would save one life … I would make the call in two minutes"

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/03/23/trump-to-press-no-i-havent-consulted-past-presidents-i-dont-think-im-going-to-learn-much-900679
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cato potatoe

Honestly, none of them have faced this situation.  Of the living Presidents, I would trust none of them for advice.

Online Lando Lincoln

The media is dying to breathlessly report President Trump consulted Obama.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The media is dying to breathlessly report President Trump consulted Obama.

That they cannot is a feather in Trump's cap.  He's learned a lot since becoming President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't know that my President, and still yours too, Donald “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things," Trump would learn much from talking to anyone.  But a photo op with former Presidents showing unity and support for our President's plan is a missed opportunity to show others, who might not recognize the President's brilliance, and that We Are All In This Together.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:30:17 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline dfwgator

Obama didn't do jack during H1N1, why would Trump consult him on anything?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And how would posing for a picture next to O'Bastard the Ineffective be considered a good "photo-op?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And how would posing for a picture next to O'Bastard the Ineffective be considered a good "photo-op?"
Restore calm with photographic evidence that We Are All In This Together.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Bingo!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

Jimmy Carter - is he lucid (even ignoring his TDS)?

Bill Clinton - one of the two most indolent Presidents in my lifetime

GWB - would probably, reasonably, respond, "I don't know enough about what is happening to offer meaningful advice"

BHO - the other of the two most indolent Presidents in my lifetime, who F'ed up response to H1N1, and who didn't replenish the national stockpile of respirators after the H1N1 pandemic

Trump was too nice to respond, "Why would I do that?"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online corbe

If it was a herpes outbreak BJ Clinton's advice might prove invaluable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.