Author Topic: The Norris Geyser Basin Is Mysteriously Breathing In And Out In The Yellowstone Caldera And Scientis  (Read 614 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Strange Sounds -Mar 22, 2020

The Norris Geyser Basin Is Mysteriously Breathing In And Out In The Yellowstone Caldera And Scientists Suggest The Phenomenon Is Due To Magma Intrusion

The Norris Geyser Basin, situated northwest of the Yellowstone Caldera, is inflating and deflating by several inches in erratic bursts since two decades.

But the reason behind this sudden and violent ‘breathing’ remains a mystery… Or is it magma intrusion as suggested by a new study?

In northwestern Wyoming, in the center of Yellowstone National Park, a bubbling caldera is the scar of a 640,000-year-old, gargantuan volcanic eruption.

The 3,472-square-mile park encompassing the caldera is filled with geologic wonderlands of sprouting geysers and effervescing pools, all ultimately driven by magma and superheated fluids churning in the rock below the surface.

One of these areas, Norris Geyser Basin to the northwest of the caldera, contains more than 500 hydrothermal features.

These tempestuous geysers and pools often change from day to day, but a much larger transformation has been taking place as well.

For more than two decades, an area larger than Chicago centered near the basin has been inflating and deflating by several inches in erratic bursts.

In a hyperactive volcanic region like Yellowstone, the exact causes of any specific movement are difficult to pin down. But a recent study in the Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth may help explain why this pocket of land has been breathing in and out.

More: https://strangesounds.org/2020/03/norris-geyser-basin-mysterious-breathing-phenomenon-magma-intrusion.html

Offline Joe Wooten

I'm expecting an earth shattering KABOOM!

Offline The_Reader_David

Oh, great! the Yellowstone supervolcano blows and the survivors will be wondering why we were all in such a panic about the coronavirus.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:00:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Hey, it's not like I'll have a choice when God punches my ticket.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
the activity over two decades, a 640,000 year old volcanic region,

The Dow Jones is up over 2200,

so they write about.....the volcanic activity

I'm surprised Drudge doesn't have it in red.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
the activity over two decades, a 640,000 year old volcanic region,

The Dow Jones is up over 2200,

so they write about.....the volcanic activity

I'm surprised Drudge doesn't have it in red.

It's what they do:

Welcome to Strange Sounds, your news web magazine about loud booms, sky noises and other amazing, odd and unexpected phenomena happening around the world. Enter this community to discover news about THE HUM phenomenon, mystery booms and rumblings, experimental art, natural disasters, geological oddity, strange people, magic places and odd animal behaviors around our amazing Earth. Be curious!