Author Topic: 24 Mar 2020- Stock and Financial Markets Discussion Thread  (Read 630 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
24 Mar 2020 - 8:20 a.m, CDT

Congress rumoured near approval of Cornovirus bill

All Market Index futures @ their 5% Circuit Breaker Limits up.

WTI-  $24.01/bbl.
Gold- $1601/oz. 

Both up sharply

Asia markets  @ Close
================
Nikkei-  Down 10.6%
Hang Seng- Up  4.5%
ASX Up 3.6%

Europe
=======
FTSE-Up 5.3%
DAX- Up 6.7%
CAC- Up 5.1%
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: 24 Mar 2020- Stock and Financial Markets Discussion Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:19 pm »
24 Mar 2020 - 9:30 a.m CDT

DJIA- +7.6%
S&P 500- +6.7%
NASDAQ- +5.9%

WTI-  $23.57/bbl.
Gold- $1578/oz. 

Europe
=======
FTSE-Up 4.5%
DAX- Up 7.1%
CAC- Up 4.9%

Good to see a "screen of green" for a change.  Hope some of  happy it sticks .   happy77
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 03:53:44 pm »
Well, my two cents.  This is a jump back into the market on hope that things will return to "normal" with this stimulus package ... only thing is ... people aren't back to work and the cases of the Chinese virus continues to rise.  FL added another 200 cases overnight.  So ... I don't think we've seen the bottom yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 05:51:35 pm »
24 Mar 2020 - 12:40 p.m CDT

DJIA- +8.6%
S&P 500- +7.1%
NASDAQ- +6.0%

WTI-  $23.51/bbl.
Gold- $1630/oz. 

Europe
=======
FTSE-Up 9.1%
DAX- Up 11.0%
CAC- Up 8.4%

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:32:52 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 06:30:02 pm »
The "rally" is based on hopes Congress will do something.  Yesterday, the loss was blamed on the perception Congress was stalled.

So far, no concrete actions have been taken by Congress, so I conclude this is all purely psychological  I would not touch this market with a 10-foot pole.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 06:37:25 pm »
The "rally" is based on hopes Congress will do something.  Yesterday, the loss was blamed on the perception Congress was stalled.

So far, no concrete actions have been taken by Congress, so I conclude this is all purely psychological  I would not touch this market with a 10-foot pole.

Agreed.  Not a whole lot has changed other than Trump coming out and saying he wants people back to work by Easter.  He has high hopes in my humble opinion ... meanwhile Cumo needs respirators desperately. NY cases are now a 25,000! So sad.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 06:42:51 pm »
Agreed.  Not a whole lot has changed other than Trump coming out and saying he wants people back to work by Easter.  He has high hopes in my humble opinion ... meanwhile Cumo needs respirators desperately. NY cases are now a 25,000! So sad.

Trump's saying that had zero effect on the market, today's gain was well before the "Town Hall."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 06:47:04 pm »
It's down because no money is being spread around.  Told like children to do this, do that.  Politicians should step back and let people live their lives.  Let people attend church; people who are sick (cold, virus, flue, scarlet fever, measles, etc.) should just stay at home. 

If there are 'x' number of people with the CHINESE virus, how many of that number will need hospitalization?  How many of those will need a respirator?  I don't think that we should quarantine ourselves because this thing is in our country, or the economy will continue to tank.   :nono:

Glad so many remember the swine flu.  I sure don't.  Didn't even know anyone who knew anyone who had it.  How much help did Obama give Americans when the swine flu hit?

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 07:38:33 pm »
4 Mar 2020 - 2:40 p.m CDT

DJIA- +10.0%
S&P 500- +8.5%
NASDAQ- +7.2%

WTI-  $23.79/bbl.
Gold- $1628/oz. 

Europe @ close
=======
FTSE-Up 9.1%
DAX- Up 10.4%
CAC- Up 8.4%

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 07:45:00 pm »
4 Mar 2020 - 2:40 p.m CDT

DJIA- +10.0%
S&P 500- +8.5%
NASDAQ- +7.2%

WTI-  $23.79/bbl.
Gold- $1628/oz. 

Europe @ close
=======
FTSE-Up 9.1%
DAX- Up 10.4%
CAC- Up 8.4%

That's exactly what it will be, if the Senate fails again after the market closes.
I will NOT comply.