Author Topic: New York Health Officials Told Residents to Congregate in Huge Crowds in “Defiance” of Coronavirus  (Read 582 times)

rangerrebew

New York Health Officials Told Residents to Congregate in Huge Crowds in “Defiance” of Coronavirus

Political correctness proves deadly once again.

on 23 March, 2020

Paul Joseph Watson

Back in February, health officials in New York told residents to congregate in huge crowds in “defiance” of coronavirus, a move that could have exposed thousands of people to COVID-19.

New York City Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot posted a tweet on February 9 urging citizens to flock to Chinatown in large numbers to celebrate the lunar new year while suggesting that advice to avoid crowds was “misinformation.”

https://summit.news/2020/03/23/new-york-health-officials-told-residents-to-congregate-in-huge-crowds-in-defiance-of-coronavirus/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

February 9

At this point President Trump had already said he "pretty much shut it down"  on the 10th he said "a lot of people think that goes away in April." Looks like there was a lot of bad information going around.  If we are going to slam these people for keeping business running during what they thought was a hoax, then maybe we should be honest who was leading that charge.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This would be utterly hilarious if not for the very real consequences we have now from it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

This would be utterly hilarious if not for the very real consequences we have now from it.

So? They can just blame Trump and the sheeple will fall for it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So? They can just blame Trump and the sheeple will fall for it.
It is New York.  I expect there's some truth to that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All I can say is "Thank God Ebola wasn't in NYC!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis