Author Topic: Gov. Northam closes Virginia schools through the end of the academic year  (Read 401 times)

Offline EdinVA

RICHMOND, Va. (ABC7)  — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam announced Monday that he has ordered all public and private schools in the commonwealth to remain closed through the end of the academic year. He has also ordered non-essential businesses to close.
Northam says school closures are necessary to prevent the speed at which the coronavirus can spread. 
The governor also says essential businesses will remain open but recreation, entertainment venues, spas, salons, and barbers will close. Restaurants are allowed to stay open if it offers take out orders to patrons and brick and mortar stores can stay open if it follows the social distancing guidelines.

https://wjla.com/news/coronavirus/northam-orders-va-schools-to-close-through-end-of-academic-year

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The  Rats are playing this baby for all it's worth.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I think it's pretty much going to go like this in all states in which the virus has a good foothold.

For students, it's going to become "the lost semester".

Probably toughest on high school and college seniors (the latter who might have to repeat a semester).

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it's pretty much going to go like this in all states in which the virus has a good foothold.

For students, it's going to become "the lost semester".

Probably toughest on high school and college seniors (the latter who might have to repeat a semester).

Especially the High Schoolers.  The are being accepted into colleges based on an assured HS Diploma first.  Now they aren't assured in VA at all.  That means they can't start College until after Christmas, at best.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: