Author Topic: Senate chamber boils over, Collins gets in Schumer’s face, Cotton unleashes profanity  (Read 1740 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The scene unfolding in the Senate right now is wild. Moderates like Susan Collins are actually getting in Schumer’s face and Senator Tom Cotton is swearing. The report comes to us from PBS correspondent Lisa Desjardins.

She recapped what happened on the Senate floor, saying the chamber has “boiled over.” The melee is due to the Democrats blocking the coronavirus relief package that would have helped scared and struggling Americans because they want to add things like “solar tax credits” and “lower airline fuel emissions” to the bill.

I will share her tweets; as she is the only reporter that was in the chamber when all of this went down.

“As the only reporter in the Senate chamber for all that – let me just say WOW. I’ve seen a lot, never seen anything quite like that. Need to send notes to my newsroom, etc. Then will tweet more.”

Senate chamber boils over.
– Sen. Collins asked to speak, Schumer objected.
– Sen. Cotton shouted, “C’mon”, “This is bullshit!”
– Collins walked thru her row to Schumer – stood a foot or so away, finger pointed, exclaimed, “you are objecting to my speaking? This is appalling!”

“2/ – Republicans were now nearly all standing, loudly voicing anger. – Schumer was trying to sort out, with his staff, how to communicate what he was doing. (He wanted to ask about schedule and offer some votes but notably seems he had not signaled that to the GOP beforehand).”

<snip>

We’ve never seen anything like this happen in America. These are scary times as it is. What makes this scarier is that Democrats are now using this as a power-grab to take control. They’ve gone 100% “political.”

https://www.lifezette.com/2020/03/report-senate-chamber-boils-over-collins-gets-in-schumers-face-cotton-unleashes-profanity/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdinVA

It's about time the republicans stopped being the doormat...

Offline cato potatoe

Headlines for tonight --- "Partisan Wrangling Derails Stimulus"  "Trump Threatens to Cancel Lockdown"

Or something to that effect.  Schumer's staff will email the narrative in time for broadcast.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What all crap have the democrats tried to put in this ?? ... I remember earlier there was mention of something abortion but it was dropped... Now I hear this green crap they are trying sneak in.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Never EVER vote for a Democrat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What all crap have the democrats tried to put in this ?? ... I remember earlier there was mention of something abortion but it was dropped... Now I hear this green crap they are trying sneak in.

Democrats in the House have now crafted a new 1,400 page bill (man that was done fast...almost like they already had it ready) that they passed without debate today.  Here are just a few things Democrats are holding up the Coronavirus Relief Bill for:

-Corporate Board Diversity
-College Debt "relief"
-Election Auditing
-Canceling the debt of the Postal Service
-Same-day voter registration
-Requiring airlines to offset their emissions
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There's a list, including (but not limited to) air pollution restrictions to airlines, gender diversity in corporate boardrooms, subsidies to Solar, subsidies for Wind, etc.  The list is in a thread somewhere.  Including Planned Parenthood in any "Small Business" relief is also high on Pelosi's list and is guaranteed to be in any bill that comes out of the House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Democrats in the House have now crafted a new 1,400 page bill (man that was done fast...almost like they already had it ready) that they passed without debate today.  Here are just a few things Democrats are holding up the Coronavirus Relief Bill for:

-Corporate Board Diversity
-College Debt "relief"
-Election Auditing
-Canceling the debt of the Postal Service
-Same-day voter registration
-Requiring airlines to offset their emissions

There's the list, thanks @txradioguy!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There's the list, thanks @txradioguy!

You're welcome.  That's jut the tip of the iceberg from what I've been reading today.  I've seen some people describe Pelosi's new bill as an attempt to ram through the Green New (Raw) Deal along with the corporate welfare the Republicans are trying to get approved.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're welcome.  That's jut the tip of the iceberg from what I've been reading today.  I've seen some people describe Pelosi's new bill as an attempt to ram through the Green New (Raw) Deal along with the corporate welfare the Republicans are trying to get approved.

The "tell" is that they call it "corporate welfare."  Those evil corporations are being evil by supporting the efforts to put this virus thing down.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The "tell" is that they call it "corporate welfare."  Those evil corporations are being evil by supporting the efforts to put this virus thing down.

Nah the 'corporate welfare' line was my description for companies like Boeing, the airlines, cruise lines and some of these other so called "too big to fail" corporations that want a piece of this free money.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nah the 'corporate welfare' line was my description for companies like Boeing, the airlines, cruise lines and some of these other so called "too big to fail" corporations that want a piece of this free money.

Well, the Rats stole your line because that's exactly what they called this bill.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, the Rats stole your line because that's exactly what they called this bill.

Ugh...I'm gonna have to find a new name for what I call it now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ugh...I'm gonna have to find a new name for what I call it now.

What can I say?  You're a trend-setter, Sarge!   :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If Susan Collins is getting snippy with the Democrats, they must have been absolutely out-of-hand.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's all an academic discussion:  The House will kill any bill that doesn't have the Christmas Tree ornaments hanging from it.  They already passed Pelosi's bill with all the goodies, as far as they are concerned it's done.  Time for ginning up another Impeachment.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

It's all an academic discussion:  The House will kill any bill that doesn't have the Christmas Tree ornaments hanging from it.  They already passed Pelosi's bill with all the goodies, as far as they are concerned it's done.  Time for ginning up another Impeachment.

The daily Coronavirus briefing is ongoing. I really wish Trump would point out the rats political opportunism in Congress. This cannot be allowed.

There is NO difference between what the rats are doing and the price gougers Barr mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:44:30 pm by skeeter »

Offline mrclose

If Susan Collins is getting snippy with the Democrats, they must have been absolutely out-of-hand.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Lots of people really trash her but I like her.  Won't say I agree with everything Susan Collins is for or against.  But she has guts.  She is much stronger that I think people give her credit for.  I wish I could have seen it.  Maybe I can find a CSPAN replay.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Hold on there.  This has nothing to do with Coronavirus.  This is the entire liberal agenda packaged up in one massive bill.  No, no, no!

They don't need to amend it they need to trash it and start over.  Republicans best not fold on any of it.  People are watching.  They want relief from the virus. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Winddog
@BreatheSaltAir
·
35m
@GOPLeader just told @marklevinshow that Grandma Nancy, among many atrocities, is trying to reduce spending for ICE in the Coronavirus Bill. 

The Pork is more than I've seen in my lifetime.  And Pork is a poor term. 

The proposed wish list expenditures are all ideological.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

She recapped what happened on the Senate floor, saying the chamber has “boiled over.” The melee is due to the Democrats blocking the coronavirus relief package that would have helped scared and struggling Americans because they want to add things like “solar tax credits” and “lower airline fuel emissions” to the bill.

This is being held hostage by the dims for tree hugger shit? 

Despicable bastards!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is being held hostage by the dims for tree hugger shit? 

Despicable bastards!!!!

@catfish1957 Despicable doesn't begin to describe it.

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
Families and businesses need help now to survive the China virus pandemic. But
@SpeakerPelosi
 walked away from negotiations to write her own bill, full of absurd provisions completely unrelated to the crisis at hand. Here’s what Speaker Pelosi is demanding while Americans suffer:

om Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
4h
Replying to
@SenTomCotton
1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance

2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service

3. Required early voting

4. Required same day voter registration

5. 10k bailout for student loans

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
4h
6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers 

7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining

8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025

9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
4h
10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees

11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance

12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance