Author Topic: Plastic bag bans dangerous during COVID-19 pandemic  (Read 414 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Plastic bag bans dangerous during COVID-19 pandemic
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:02:11 pm »
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/22/adriana-cohen-bay-states-plastic-bag-ban-dangerous-amid-covid-19-pandemic/amp/

Plastic bag bans dangerous during COVID-19 pandemic
Adriana Cohen
PUBLISHED: March 22, 2020 at 7:44 p.m. | UPDATED: March 22, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
In an effort to “go green” many states have banned disposable plastic bags at supermarkets and other retail locations causing a massive consumer shift to reusable shopping bags we’re now learning could contain the virus.

The coronravirus can live on surfaces for days, including on reusable shopping bags, which are notoriously filthy. Studies have shown that most people don’t clean their reusable bags.

For that reason, New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu issued an emergency order over the weekend prohibiting reusable shopping bags and requiring that stores use disposable plastic or paper bags instead.

Yet another Greendoggle!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Plastic bag bans dangerous during COVID-19 pandemic
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 11:26:25 am »
I heard this on the news.

So,  plastic might be better? I do have a few reusable green cloth bags.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 12:26:32 pm »
Said a 1000 times here before, that the Envirowhackos would like nothing better than to take society back to the 19th Century.  Including public health standards.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 12:35:13 pm »
Meh
I have some cloth bags that are washable in the washing machine, I’ve even washed them with hot water and some bleach and put them in the dryer with no problems. I also have 3 reusable totes I bought from my grocery store – these in fact:

They are very durable and water repellent and washable. After coming home from the store, I put them in the shower and use a spray bottle with a bleach solution, spray them inside and out and use the shower sprayer to rinse them and then turn them upside down in the shower to dry.

This really isn’t hard.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 12:36:16 pm »
Banning plastic bags has always been stupid.  It's probably good that it's now dangerous.

btw, our Kroger has a big bin in the front lobby to recycle them.  The ban is completely unnecessary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.