Author Topic: Sanders Skips Coronavirus Stimulus Vote for Virtual Town Hall With AOC, Ilhan Omar  (Read 327 times)

rangerrebew

Sanders Skips Coronavirus Stimulus Vote for Virtual Town Hall With AOC, Ilhan Omar

David Rutz - March 23, 2020 12:00 PM

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) missed Sunday's vote on a coronavirus economic stimulus package to do a virtual town hall about the pandemic.

Sanders skipped the vote to speak from his home in Vermont with supporters and far-left "Squad" congresswomen Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.), and Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.). The vote was four days after Sanders snapped at a reporter that he was "dealing with a f—ing global crisis" after being asked about his struggling presidential campaign.

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/bernie-skips-key-stimulus-vote-for-virtual-townhall-with-aoc-ilhan-omar/

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, remember how he cursed at a reporter and claimed he was "dealing with" the virus crisis? By "dealing with," he must have meant ignoring.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:40:30 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Yeah, remember how he cursed at a reporter and claimed he was "dealing with" the virus crisis? By "ealing with," he must have meant ignoring.

An old leftwing geezer like Bern will never pass up an opportunity to hang out with the coeds, not even for a global pandemic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:49:47 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Bernie Sanders skips Senate procedural vote on stimulus package to do livestream with AOC and Ilhan Omar
by Caitlin Yilek
 | March 23, 2020 09:40 AM

Sen. Bernie Sanders missed a Senate procedural vote on the stimulus package meant to help businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

Instead, the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, who was in his home state of Vermont, held a virtual event with Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, and Ilhan Omar on the economic and health crises created by the outbreak.

Last week, Sanders snapped at a reporter who asked about a time frame in which the senator might decide to end his presidential bid, saying he had bigger problems to deal with caused by the outbreak.

"I'm dealing with a f---ing global crisis," the Vermont senator told CNN’s Manu Raju on Wednesday. "Right now, I'm trying to do my best to make sure that we don't have an economic meltdown and that people don't die. Is that enough for you to keep me busy for today?"

Neither Sanders’s campaign nor his Senate office immediately responded to a request for comment from the Washington Examiner about why he skipped the procedural vote.  ...  Full story at Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org