Author Topic: I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.  (Read 398 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:26:44 pm »
I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.
 March 23, 2020

I’m 26. I don’t have any prior autoimmune or respiratory conditions. I work out six times a week, and abstain from cigarettes. I thought my role in the current health crisis would be as an ally to the elderly and compromised. Then, I was hospitalized for Covid-19.

On Friday, March 13, only a few hours after deciding I would begin to socially distance for the well-being of others, I developed a fever and headache. I tried not to assume the worst, but just in case, my partner and I decided to sleep in separate bedrooms. By the next morning, I had a cough. On Sunday, I started to feel better and my fever was gone. I felt thankful that even if this was coronavirus, I’d most likely be able to ride it out at home, as I’d heard people like myself had little to worry about. I began planning the work I’d catch up on the next day, and the much-needed shower I’d take.

That night I woke up in the middle of the night with chills, vomiting, and shortness of breath. By Monday, I could barely speak more than a few words without feeling like I was gasping for air. I couldn’t walk to the bathroom without panting as if I’d run a mile. On Monday evening, I tried to eat, but found I couldn’t get enough oxygen while doing so. Any task that was at all anxiety-producing — even resetting my MyChart password to communicate with my doctor — left me desperate for oxygen.

Read more at:   https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/23/im-26-coronavirus-sent-me-to-the-hospital/

It seems to me, cases like this could crash the health system, he's not alone.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:32:47 pm by TomSea »

Offline EdinVA

Re: I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:51:50 pm »
Not convinced this is real.... Why is it in the opinion section?