Author Topic: Ammo Sales In Your Area  (Read 1510 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Ammo Sales In Your Area
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:34:30 am »
Anyone been out trying to stock up at your favorite LGS or sporting goods store?

My wife and sone went out to try and get me some ammo for my birthday.

Gun stores in Colorado Springs are only selling ammo right now with the purchase of a new gun because so many people are buying their first guns.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Re: Ammo Sales In Your Area
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 12:40:19 am »
I 'stocked up' before CA's moronic/despotic ammo laws went into effect last year.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:06:33 am »
I typically buy all my ammo online, but I went to Bass Pro Shop this week to pick up some FFF BK Powder for my son. It was a real zoo. It took me over an hour to find out they didn't have any. It looked like all the pistol ammo was gone. I did pick up a box of M1 Carbine ammo while I was there. They still had a good selection of rifle and shotgun ammo.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 01:22:45 am »
Business is booming says our local arms dealer, who is one of the largest in the country.  His wife just got a new Bentley, so I think he's doing ok.  happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 03:23:16 am »
Bookface friends tell me the all the stores in my town have been sold out of all pistol and AR-15 (.223 and 5.56mm) ammo.  Guns are all but gone.  Crazy!  Fortunately I had topped off my 5.56 supply at a gun show a couple weeks ago.  Good thing I have been stocked up for some time.  My pantry is the same way, so we're ready to kick back and let the crazies have the stores.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 04:57:29 am »
I 'stocked up' before CA's moronic/despotic ammo laws went into effect last year.

Here you are, all footloose and fancy free... And still you are staying there...  Must be family I reckon, or you'd be heading for greener pastures...

You know, the way things are going, might be a thought to buy up in the Tetons in Wyoming, or Northern Idaho, or over here, so your family has somewhere to go when shtf...

I guess you could do something similar up in the Sierra Madres... Get up in there a ways and Uncle Charlie has a harder time keeping track... But holy cow... It would be so much better to cut and run...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:58:40 am by roamer_1 »

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 11:07:55 am »
I will simply say I have a reasonable amount.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 01:58:28 pm »

As Ron White would say, "I have enough."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »
Ditto. My go-to place for ammo right now probably would be Rural King, but I don't even know whether they're open. Nevertheless, I'm good for the near term.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 02:27:11 pm »
This is my GoTo Place for ammo: http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 02:31:04 pm »
Here you are, all footloose and fancy free... And still you are staying there...  Must be family I reckon, or you'd be heading for greener pastures...

You know, the way things are going, might be a thought to buy up in the Tetons in Wyoming, or Northern Idaho, or over here, so your family has somewhere to go when shtf...

I guess you could do something similar up in the Sierra Madres... Get up in there a ways and Uncle Charlie has a harder time keeping track... But holy cow... It would be so much better to cut and run...

Thought a little about NorCA but I'm kinda stubborn about leaving. Probably not a good idea to stick around but here is where I was raised.

Let the tools go somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:32:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 02:31:17 pm »
I'll never say "I have Enough"  I will say, I'll get by.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »
Thought a little about NorCA but I'm kinda stubborn about leaving. Probably not a good idea to stick around but here is where I was raised.

Let the tools go somewhere else.

I dunno man... Whatever you sold is a king's ransom almost anywhere else... You'd be landed gentry in any rural state. That oughta be worth a ponder.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 02:42:45 pm »
I dunno man... Whatever you sold is a king's ransom almost anywhere else... You'd be landed gentry in any rural state. That oughta be worth a ponder.

I know. But I've got a view of the Pacific Ocean now.

We'll see how bad it gets. I do get tired of lacking in any sort of representation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 08:46:21 pm »
Amazing how much worse the ammo supply has gotten since I first posted this...even at the Base and Post Exchanges here in the Springs.

The list is shorter for what is left in stock than what they are  out of.

I mean seriously...the stores are out of .380 range ammo?

And I made the mistake of looking at my favorite bulk ammo supplier's website the other day.  9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:29:23 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2020, 10:27:56 pm »
Our church security team has postponed visits to the range until we can get more 9mm. It's impossible to find.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 10:42:00 pm »
Last ammo I bought was 1,000 rounds of 5.56 at a local gun show.  $350, with ammo box.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2020, 10:46:21 pm »
Our church security team has postponed visits to the range until we can get more 9mm. It's impossible to find.

I just placed a couple of orders(at outragous prices) for 2 caliber's I'm in dire need of. I saw that luckygunner has 9mm Frangible target ammo, but they're  real proud of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 01:30:32 am »
Before the panicdemic 1K of 115gr 9mm was $159.

Right now it’s $359

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2020, 01:55:06 am »
Yeah, the 50 round boxes seem to be running 3 to 4 times the previous price.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2020, 02:50:03 am »
Last ammo I bought was 1,000 rounds of 5.56 at a local gun show.  $350, with ammo box.
I think I can drive over from Calif, no licensing, just purchase guns and ammo.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2020, 04:07:18 pm »
I just visited a Rural King store in Ohio. They had no 9mm but did have three boxes of .38 special self-defense ammo, so I got one for my sister. It isn't hollow point but a copper polymer projectile with a groove in the tip. It's supposed to be devastating.
The non-expanding ARX is injection-molded from a specially blended polymer-copper matrix that is designed to be tough enough for an all-purpose defense round.

Upon entering soft tissue, the specially designed grooves in the nose harness the soft tissue and constrict, pressurize and eject it at 1.5 to 2 times the directional speed of the bullet. This is the well-known Venturi Effect. As the bullet penetrates, it tumbles in a controlled, predictable fashion that delivers consistent terminal performance that equals or exceeds conventional hollow-point designs without over penetrating.
Interceptor Ammo

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2020, 04:31:14 pm »
I thought I had ammo plenty ammo, but the truth of the matter is I just haven't been shooting in a long while. So I took an inventory. I have plenty .22, .32, 7.62x25, and.45. But I'm real low on 9mm, but my son has many 1,000s of 9 as that's what he shoots. I should have grabbed some before he moved to Boca Chica. My last pistol I've picked up is a .40 and I have a .357 Sig bbl for it too. I only have a couple hundred rounds each of those 2 and their prices are sky hi. So I've decided to get back into reloading. In the last week I've ordered and received all the components and dies I need, except for primers which I have plenty of. So now I just need to get to it. Bullet selection was low, but I have plenty to get me going.