Author Topic: SERIOUSLY  (Read 584 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
SERIOUSLY
« on: March 21, 2020, 09:55:39 am »
Maybe this should be a poll.

When you buy a new appliance, computer, gadget, etc. Do you buy an extended warranty on  it?

Or do you intentionally break it before the limited warranty is up and get a free replacement?

Or when it dies do you go buy another one?

The Mextex tell me to break it and get a new one every "three" months.

Given our apparent "need" for products not made in the USA, whose heart does it break when I go get a new washer/dryer? A new coffeemaker? Do the capitalists (corporations) in this country improve the quality? Or do they raise the price 5-10-50$ and I just shrug, pay.......

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: SERIOUSLY
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:04:16 am »
@bigheadfred

The only thing I’ve ever bought that cost real money besides a car, would be a cell phone and a computer or two. Both were made by Apple, and Apple Care saved my butt on all of them.

When I moved in September I did buy a new couch, and I did not take any warranties.
It had a standard 60 day warranty 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 10:21:34 am »
There is a point here. I recently had a car issue.  Ether my alternator died and killed my battery. Or the reverse. 1990 Ranger. Bought a made in the USA alternator with a lifetime warranty and a five-year limited warranty Walmart battery. A comparable battery was $145. An alternator was $195. Both new prices.

Car parts store honored the warranty on the alternator, after some screaming and yelling, because they changed their coding because the alternators they now sell are made in CHINA.

Amazingly enough, my Walmart battery, which had about 4 months left on it's five year gave me back $65.

At the begining, I was thinking about $400 DIY. It cost me 78$ DIY.

Pay for what you get?

Pay for what you are going to debt?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 10:22:55 am »
@bigheadfred

The only thing I’ve ever bought that cost real money besides a car, would be a cell phone and a computer or two. Both were made by Apple, and Apple Care saved my butt on all of them.

When I moved in September I did buy a new couch, and I did not take any warranties.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 10:57:48 am »
@bigheadfred

I misquoted the year on my little pickup. It is a1999 Ranger. I didn't buy it. It was a bonus gift from my employer at that time.Something about my skills and talent. Or maybe I was making him so much money he had to spend some of it somewhere.

I have spent real money on several things. The first was a trailer house fro my family to live when I got got of prison. Had to. They kicked my wife and kids out of our house and took it all because of back taxes. Whatever. I started out at 22 cents an hour. After 2 years itwas 44. Then 66. Then 71 cents an hour. I couldn't pay the utilities. I couldn't pay for food. But I did save enough to send $400 for one Christmas. But the property taxes were paid. I'm going to get really pissed off if I say anymore.

I bought a new bed when I got out. Swear to G-d prison bunks are designed for short fat people and not 6, 3" Vikings.
And I bought a really nice couch, love seat. Which we still have.

I have so much anger. So much pain.

I have hope that this madness in the world will give me the chance to release that anger and pain. To do what I did. Fight.

Fight. With all the love, hope, and caring you have.