Poll

Would you find it acceptable to see dozens or more from your home town cremated because of a negligent reaction to the virus?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Is it acceptable to see your hometown folk cremated after death because of negligence with the virus  (Read 1216 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Would you find it acceptable to see dozens or more from your home town cremated because of a negligent handling and reaction to the virus?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:52:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Serenity Prayer:

God Grant Me the Serenity

to Accept the Things I Cannot Change,

Courage to Change the Ones I Can,

And the Wisdom to Know the Difference.

Both shrinks and pastors, help folks  with this difficult process.

A longtime AA  friend of mine, now dead, reminded that Acceptance did not mean approval.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whose negligence?
What negligence?
How do you prove it was that which resulted in their infections?
Someone forget to wipe off a shopping cart?
A doorknob?
Someone cough?
What?

Did the deceased take measures to protect themselves, knowing they were at risk?
Did they lapse in their precautions?

It is easy to accuse, hard to prove.

Is it acceptable to see dozens of your friends or family cremated because they drank themselves to death, OD'd, got in a car wreck, didn't watch their weight despite having a bad heart?
Sadly, it happens all over the world, every day.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:55:34 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Serenity Prayer:

God Grant Me the Serenity

to Accept the Things I Cannot Change,

Courage to Change the Ones I Can,

And the Wisdom to Know the Difference.

Both shrinks and pastors, help folks  with this difficult process.

A longtime AA  friend of mine, now dead, reminded that Acceptance did not mean approval.

Thank you for that. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Negligence assumes it could be stopped.

It cannot.

Offline skeeter

The Chicoms blew it. What I think about it makes no difference, its how the world turns.

Online Smokin Joe

Back to the main question, It's winter and the ground is frozen.

Not that graves can't be dug with a backhoe after heating the ground, but if it came to digging by hand, the bonfire has its appeal.

Something must be done with the bodies, or other problems will ensue, especially in the Spring Thaw.

That may "sound cold", but it is reality.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kind of a loaded question,isn't it? It implies they died due to govt negligence and were cremated against their will and the will of their families.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

Kind of a loaded question,isn't it? It implies they died due to govt negligence and were cremated against their will and the will of their families.
Yeah. Completely loaded.
Something has to be done with bodies before high summer, and not just virus victims. There will be others as well.
Fish and house guests and all that.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I don’t know.

Once again a great poll without that option!

:facepalm2: 8888crybaby

I was planning on being cremated anyway. But I’m thinking of people one generation older than me who really do have problems with being cremated  and insist on being stuck in the ground.

And will they do private cremations or mass ones?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:50:56 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Yeah. Completely loaded.
Something has to be done with bodies before high summer, and not just virus victims. There will be others as well.
Fish and house guests and all that.  :shrug:

@Smokin Joe

Goldfish get buried in old jewelry boxes and buried in the backyard. That is how small children learn about death. Until the tenth or so. Then poor Goldie gets flushed out to sea.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Goldfish get buried in old jewelry boxes and buried in the backyard. That is how small children learn about death. Until the tenth or so. Then poor Goldie gets flushed out to sea.
I grew up on the water, so goldfish got 'burial at sea" (via the toilet, of course). Dogs were buried in the yard or where they liked to play. We never had a cat. But, yes, that is how kids learn, unless they lost someone close before that.

When I go, odd as it may sound, I'll be done with this body. That will be the reason I go, it won't work any more. What happens to it then really doesn't matter so much to me, although I get that those I leave behind may choose to honor me by honoring it. It will have served it's purpose and done everything I needed it to do, acting as a vehicle which let me build, to hold, to love, to help create other life, to console, provide, to help others, and even on occasion, to fight for what is right.
That's what Our Creator gave it to me for, but by then, it's use will be done and my soul will be elsewhere.
I just hope in that final tally, I used it well, in His service.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Sounds like some reporter from the Washington Post question...

Boiled down the question for me become will God mind if you/me are cremated? Personally I don't want to be cremated (I want to face East), but if it came to protecting my family from a virus, I am sure God has no problem assembling my soul from the ashes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:42:21 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....