Author Topic: Donald Trump explodes in anger after being asked if he is giving false hope to 'scared' Americans by  (Read 864 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump explodes in anger after being asked if he is giving false hope to 'scared' Americans by buying malaria drug as he called 'game-changer' coronavirus cure - despite Tony Fauci saying there is NO proof it works or is even SAFE

President Donald Trump said the nation has ordered 'millions' of units of an anti-malarial drug that could be used against the coronavirus
    He said he has a 'feeling' about it
    'I feel good about it. It’s all it is. Just a feeling you know? Smart guy'
    Dr. Anthony Fauci cautioned about assuming it would work before testing
    'What I am saying is that it might be effective. I’m not saying that it isn’t. It might be effective'
    Trump tore into NBC correspondent who asked if he was giving 'false hope'
    'I would say that you're a terrible reporter'
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:00 EDT, 20 March 2020 | Updated: 13:32 EDT, 20 March 2020

President Donald Trump told reporters the nation has ordered 'millions' of units of the drug 'cloroquine' that he said he has a 'feeling' will be effective against the coronavirus.

'We ordered them. We have millions of units ordered,' Trump said, name checking the German manufacturer Bayer, which he called a 'great company.'

'Millions of units are ordered and we’re going to see what happens,' Trump said.

Trump and health officials referenced the drug yesterday as among those having promising potential to alleviate those suffering from the coronavirus – although Trump was immediately contradicted on claims that it was ready for use.   

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8135699/U-S-ordered-millions-units-malaria-drug-potential-coronavirus-therapy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I didn't notice him 'explode in anger'. I did see him scold a reporter for using his opportunity to ask a silly, counterproductive question.

Offline EdinVA

Trump is exactly right.... sensationalism is the key.... great tongue lashing...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I didn't notice him 'explode in anger'. I did see him scold a reporter for using his opportunity to ask a silly, counterproductive question.
Just another typical, "Trump is Furious!" clickbait headline.
Same as hundreds of others just like it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just saw this exchange: he smacked down a rude, arrogant reporter pretending to care about scared Americans.

Offline libertybele

Explodes in anger?  More like he put the press in its place.  He was stern and called them out on their b.s.  I didn't see or sense anger!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Q:What do you say to Americans right now who are scared? 
Trump: I say you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say.  I think that's a very nasty question, and I think that is a very bad signal you are putting out to the American people.

Worst answer possible. 
I'm scared about death and financial ruin.
Try again Mr. President.

Try something like "Follow the guildlines I have announce and keep in mind I'm concerned too, but I'm very optimistic in the team I have assembled to fight this on all fronts.  Next question?"

Instead of "Pay close attention to how angry I am that this has happened to me!!!" 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Don't you just love these headline writers?   **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Don't you just love these headline writers?   **nononono*

Yeah, but most readers seem to be able to see through their schtick.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yet they continue unabated and wonder why no one is reading the trash they are disseminating.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

---------------------------
Explode???
He was measured and temperate w/a journo bozo!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:56:10 am by Absalom »

I suppose most of President Trump's base will be easily maneuvered to that opinion.  It may not be as big of a mistake as I perceive.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline skeeter

I suppose most of President Trump's base will be easily maneuvered to that opinion. 

Indeed. Most rational, critical thinkers as well. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:52:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I suppose most of President Trump's base will be easily maneuvered to that opinion.  It may not be as big of a mistake as I perceive.

"Most of Trump's base, have already been through raist, Nazis, stormtrooper, goosestepper, ignorant, uneducated, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

Q:What do you say to Americans right now who are scared? 
Trump: I say you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say.  I think that's a very nasty question, and I think that is a very bad signal you are putting out to the American people.

Worst answer possible. 
I'm scared about death and financial ruin.
Try again Mr. President.

Try something like "Follow the guildlines I have announce and keep in mind I'm concerned too, but I'm very optimistic in the team I have assembled to fight this on all fronts.  Next question?"

Instead of "Pay close attention to how angry I am that this has happened to me!!!"

May I respectfully disagree with this.

I have watched the news pressers and have actually been impressed in the way that they have been handled. I'm not an always Trumper...nor am I a a never Trumper. No one knows what may happen and there was no way to be prepared.

If I were Trump I would have walked off the stage and choked several of these reporters. Given his personality I was impressed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:21:41 pm by berdie »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I have watched the news pressers and have actually been impressed in the way that they have been handled. I'm not an always Trumper...nor am I an always Trumper. No one knows what may happen and there was no way to be prepared.

If I were Trump I would have walked off the stage and choked several of these reporters. Given his personality I was impressed.

:thumbsup:  I agree 100% @berdie

- J. R. R. Tolkien

No!!!  :nono:  You shall be quiet, and when I want your opinion I will give it to you!

I'm just kidding.   :laugh:
I will allow you to have your own opinion...

...for now. *bouche*

Thanx for expressing your POV @berdie 

Offline berdie

No!!!  :nono:  You shall be quiet, and when I want your opinion I will give it to you!

I'm just kidding.   :laugh:
I will allow you to have your own opinion...

...for now. *bouche*

Thanx for expressing your POV @berdie

I appreciate you allowing me to have my opinion, lol. You are very amusing. happy77

I appreciate you allowing me to have my opinion, lol. You are very amusing. happy77

I'm glad we agree on that and we are both keeping a sense of humor today.
Stay healthy @berdie

Offline berdie

I'm glad we agree on that and we are both keeping a sense of humor today.
Stay healthy @berdie

Back at cha, @Once-Ler