Author Topic: Trump eyes intervention in Saudi-Russia oil dispute  (Read 572 times)

Offline corbe

Trump eyes intervention in Saudi-Russia oil dispute
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:53:48 pm »
Trump eyes intervention in Saudi-Russia oil dispute

Ben Geman

President Trump said Thursday he's eyeing intervention in the oil price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia, a dispute that combined with COVID-19's economic toll is pushing prices sharply downward and creating financial jeopardy for U.S. producers.
At the appropriate time, I will get involved, yes.
— President Trump
Why it matters: The pledge came in Trump's first extensive comments on the upended oil market, but he also suggested that he has mixed feelings about the price collapse.

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/trump-intervention-saudi-russia-oil-dispute-3c8d58f2-c6db-46da-9b6f-5b8e794daa3b.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosgenerate&stream=top
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Trump eyes intervention in Saudi-Russia oil dispute
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 03:56:59 pm »
I do hope it does not mean an arbitrary price fixing that guarantees a certain crude price be given to oil companies to keep them afloat.

Carter tried price fixing back in the 70s, albeit a cap and not a floor,  and it was one of the greatest economic disasters ever in this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington