Author Topic: Burr requests ethics investigation into stock sale, denies wrongdoing  (Read 391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Burr requests ethics investigation into stock sale, denies wrongdoing
By J. Edward Moreno - 03/20/20 10:59 AM EDT

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) is requesting that the Senate Ethics Committee launch an investigation into his stock trading history after reports that he sold off millions in personal stocks the week before the stock market began its steep dive amid fears of the coronavirus outbreak.

In a statement posted to his Twitter account Thursday, Burr, who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, denied using classified information to reach his decision to offload his stocks before the market plummeted.

“I relied solely on public news reports to guide my decision regarding the sale of stocks on February 13,” Burr said in a statement. “Understanding the assumption many could make in hindsight however, I spoke this morning with the chairman of the Senate Ethics Committee and asked him to open a complete review of the matter with full transparency.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488621-burr-requests-ethics-investigation-into-stock-sale-denies-wrongdoing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34