Author Topic: Senator Dumped Up to $1.6 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness  (Read 1751 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not really going to pass full opinion yet.

(1) May be bad timing.  Many of us make trades pretty frequently. 

(2) Might be as sleaze bag trying to captialize on inside info.

(3) Bad optics in any case though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

It always magical how politicians exit "public service" much wealthier than they enter "public service"...

This is just another example of how it all works. Normally a little further out of sight.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote (in sarcasm, I suppose):
"Keep in mind that the Congress are exempt from insider trading laws"

But... this wasn't "insider" trading (which refers to a person of a certain company selling/buying that same company's stock, isn't that correct?).

Now it appears a few more did it, too, including Feinstein of California, a democrat-communist.

Let me ask anyone reading this a question:
Suppose you had a substantial amount of money in the markets,
and
Suppose you were told that something would soon happen that would severely impact the value of your holdings
then
What would YOU do?
Would you just "sit there and take it"?
Or... would you (too) sell while it was still worth something...?

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

I hope so...we can't afford to have 3 Repub Senators resign...even if there are Dems involved, they never quit.

Btw...DiFi is involved...
Inhofe needs to let someone else run for his seat this fall.  He's 85 and running for reelection.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But... this wasn't "insider" trading (which refers to a person of a certain company selling/buying that same company's stock, isn't that correct?).

Now it appears a few more did it, too, including Feinstein of California, a democrat-communist.

and
Suppose you were told that something would soon happen that would severely impact the value of your holdings
then
What would YOU do?
Well, like Martha Stewart, I would position my capital to get the best returns.
Martha wasn't a MOC, though, and she did time.
No, I wasn't being sarcastic, BTW. Our Congress has written itself out of a few laws us little people have to abide by.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

and
then
What would YOU do?

@Fishrrman

Not ONE chance in hell I would allow myself and my family to take that hit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Fishrrman

Not ONE chance in hell I would allow myself and my family to take that hit.

I'm with you, but it's still not right.

It explains perfectly how they all retire/become millionaires on their middle-class salaries (in DC)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm with you, but it's still not right.

@DCPatriot

Self-defense is never wrong.

It may make you,I,or anyone else uncomfortable,but that doesn't make it wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!