Author Topic: Illinois municipal leaders seek emergency powers for gas, gun sales bans and curfews amid pandemic  (Read 919 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Illinois municipal leaders seek emergency powers for gas, gun sales bans and curfews amid pandemic
by Greg Bishop, The Center Square
 | March 19, 2020 06:00 PM

Municipal officials throughout the state are considering measures to grant local leaders emergency powers to ban the sale of things such as guns, gasoline and liquor as concerns over the spread of COVID-19 mount.

Last week, President Donald Trump wrote in a letter: “I have determined that the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant an emergency determination under … the ‘Stafford Act’.”

The move allows local and state governments to get assistance from the federal government. It also gives more powers to the federal government to manage declared emergencies.

“In order to meet the challenges caused by this emergency pandemic, I have encouraged all State and local governments to activate their Emergency Operations Centers and to review their emergency preparedness plans,” Trump said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/illinois-municipal-leaders-seek-emergency-powers-for-gas-gun-sales-bans-and-curfews-amid-pandemic
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
How in the world are people going to be able to get groceries if they cannot get gasoline for their cars?

Offline PeteS in CA

Gas stations, gun stores, and liquor stores have large crowds? Who knew?

Tyrannous morons!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gas stations, gun stores, and liquor stores have large crowds? Who knew?

Tyrannous morons!

@PeteS in CA

Ahm shocked!

SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@PeteS in CA

Ahm shocked!

SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!

@sneakypete

Political opportunism at it's utter worst.  In my lifetime,  I have never seen an event with so many alliterative motives.  Pre-cursor to revolution?  Not so far fetched IMO.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Political opportunism at it's utter worst.  In my lifetime,  I have never seen an event with so many alliterative motives.  Pre-cursor to revolution?  Not so far fetched IMO.

@catfish1957

I would have said that was paranoia in action 30 days ago. Now I am not so certain.

Online mountaineer

Glad to see that Chicago refuses to be cowed by the Wuhan flu. We're not changing our lifestyle for any stupid virus!
12 shot Wednesday in Chicago
Three people were wounded in a drive-by in Englewood on the South Side.
By Sun-Times Wire Mar 26, 2020, 2:16am CDT

Twelve people were wounded Wednesday in shootings across Chicago.

The day’s latest shooting left a woman in critical condition in Little Village on the Southwest Side. ...
Sun-Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The day’s latest shooting left a woman in critical condition in Little Village on the Southwest Side. ...

@mountaineer

Seems like the police or someone else would have taken her to a hospital,doesn't it?