Author Topic: 'I really do': Trump signals support for government taking equity stakes in US companies  (Read 443 times)

Online corbe

'I really do': Trump signals support for government taking equity stakes in US companies

by Zachary Halaschak

March 19, 2020 01:14 PM

President Trump said the government should consider taking an equity share in companies that need bailouts.

Speaking at the White House news conference on Thursday, Trump was asked if he thinks government taking equity stakes in companies during the coronavirus pandemic.

“I do. I really do,” he responded, prompting a flurry of follow-up questions from the reporters in the briefing room. When asked which companies would be under consideration, the president declined to name them.

"We will be helping the airline industry, we will be helping the cruise ship industry, we probably will be helping the hotel industry," he said. "Where jobs are created, you don’t want to lose industries like this. These are incredible industries — you cannot lose them — so we will be focused on many industries."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-really-do-trump-signals-support-for-government-taking-equity-stakes-in-us-companies
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

The Gov picking winners and losers always worked out in the past.   /s

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

The Gov picking winners and losers always worked out in the past.   /s

8888crybaby