Author Topic: Why there will soon be tons of toilet paper, and what food may be scarce, according to supply chain  (Read 722 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Why there will soon be tons of toilet paper, and what food may be scarce, according to supply chain experts
Jade Scipioni

Stuck rationing toilet paper because you didn't stockpile during the coronavirus panic over the last few days? Don't worry, according to supply chain experts.

"All the grocery stores are going to have pallets of toilet paper sitting in the aisles and nobody is going to buy it because who needs to buy toilet paper when you got a year's worth sitting in your garage," Daniel Stanton, a supply chain expert and author of "Supply Chain Management for Dummies," tells CNBC Make It.

But what about food?

Even if the COVID-19 pandemic stretches over months (President Donald Trump said it could last until August), there will no big food shortages, especially on staples like milk, eggs, cheese, bread and meat, according to three supply chain experts who spoke to Make It.

But that doesn't mean your favorite brand or the exact kind of fruit you want won't be scarce.

"The brand that you normally want may not be available. But, hey, there's be some other kind of pasta or instead of rice, we're going to have potatoes for dinner," Stanton says.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/why-there-will-soon-be-tons-of-toilet-paper-and-what-food-may-be-scarce-according-to-supply-chain-experts/ar-BB11nosn?ocid=spartanntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But wait? I currently have two tons of toilet paper.
What now?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

I suspect many (like me) will be expanding garden plans, after this recent panic.

Not a bad thing, and reduced working hours means I have more time to spend taking care of it.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

Non-perishable foods are likely to be hit some by panic buying, though at least some processing companies anticipated it and have increased production (e.g. Campbell's Soup).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just asking as a question, all right.
Can people ingest and actually eat toilet paper?
Just curious?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Just curious?

You can but you would get no nutritional value from it so if you eat it, your body could probably break it down, but because you would get no nutrients you would starve to death  with a full belly
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:25:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But wait? I currently have two tons of toilet paper.
What now?
Ha! The less you eat, the less you need...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just curious?
Indigestible cellulose. "Fiber".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What is Priceless os the look on face of the guy who has two metric tons of toilet paper in his basement?
When he thinks? Shit! I should have been buying actual food.

What good is TP if you have no food?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
What is Priceless os the look on face of the guy who has two metric tons of toilet paper in his basement?
When he thinks? Shit! I should have been buying actual food.

What good is TP if you have no food?

You can waste the day away by squeezing the Charmin 🧻
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I suspect many (like me) will be expanding garden plans, after this recent panic.

Not a bad thing, and reduced working hours means I have more time to spend taking care of it.
A good investment right now might be in swimming pool contractors.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington