Author Topic: Florida governor refuses to close beaches as coronavirus cases rise  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida governor refuses to close beaches as coronavirus cases rise
By Aris Folley - 03/18/20 04:16 PM EDT

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Tuesday that he will not be ordering the beaches in his state to close despite growing concerns over the international COVID-19 outbreak, NBC News reports.

DeSantis said that beaches in the state must adhere to guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which has advised the public to practice social distancing and avoid gatherings with more than 10 people.

"What we're going to be doing for the statewide floor for beaches, we're going to be applying the CDC guidance of no group on a beach more than 10 and you have to have distance apart if you're going to be out there. So that applies statewide,” DeSantis reportedly said at a press conference.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/488302-florida-governor-refuses-to-close-beaches-amid-covid-19-outbreak
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Florida governor refuses to close beaches as coronavirus cases rise
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 08:32:29 pm »
'This virus ain’t that serious': Spring breakers defy government recommendations and shutdowns by heading to the beach

by Andrew Mark Miller
 | March 18, 2020 04:25 PM

Thousands of U.S. college students are openly defying warnings from government officials at the highest levels by making the trip to Florida to celebrate spring break.

“If I get corona, I get corona,” spring breaker Brady Sluder told Reuters. “At the end of the day, I’m not going to let it stop me from partying.”

The beach in Clearwater Beach, Florida, a popular tourist and spring break attraction, was not closed as of Monday and was reportedly “packed” with people, according to WFLA 8 News.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/this-virus-aint-that-serious-spring-breakers-defy-government-recommendations-and-shutdowns-by-heading-to-the-beach
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Florida governor refuses to close beaches as coronavirus cases rise
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 11:52:48 pm »
This is not true.  ALL the beaches in my county and in the county south of here will be closed as of 6:00 p.m. tomorrow.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.