Author Topic: Trump defends calling COVID-19 a 'Chinese virus'  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defends calling COVID-19 a 'Chinese virus'
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:23:54 pm »
Trump defends calling COVID-19 a 'Chinese virus'
By J. Edward Moreno - 03/18/20 01:02 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday afternoon again defended calling the coronavirus causing COVID-19 a “Chinese virus” during a White House press conference.

The president and his allies have used the term frequently, and on Wednesday Trump opened the latest coronavirus press conference by referring to the pandemic as such.

“It’s not racist at all,” Trump said when a reporter asked about the phrase creating a dangerous stigma for Chinese Americans. “It comes from China, that's why. I want to be accurate."

"I know where it came from," Trump said later in the briefing when pressed again on referring to the coronavirus as a "Chinese virus."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488234-trump-defends-calling-covid-19-chinese-virus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Trump defends calling COVID-19 a 'Chinese virus'
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »
Funny, I don't remember the Spanish Flu being called a racist term...

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:38:42 pm »
This is an interesting read with what's going on now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 05:39:09 pm »
 Journalism should no longer be a college course. If you have a high school diploma, and you’re able to read and write,  you have all the qualifications to be a journalist
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 08:14:00 pm »
Hillary Clinton’s ‘made in China’ tweet calls POTUS a racist in COVID-19 crisis
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/03/18/hillary-clintons-made-in-china-tweet-calls-potus-a-racist-in-covid-19-crisis-898777
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:25 pm »
Journalism should no longer be a college course. If you have a high school diploma, and you’re able to read and write,  you have all the qualifications to be a journalist

It is Not STEM, just  like drama, music, social work, psychology,etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:24:41 pm »
The lady reporters who pressed Trump on this were lip-quivering pissed. I mean they were really offended.

Neither were Chinese, BTW.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:29:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 08:28:22 pm »
President Trump on Wednesday afternoon again defended calling the coronavirus causing COVID-19 a “Chinese virus” during a White House press conference.

I listened to this part of the presser today on the radio, and it really pissed me off.  At a time where the press has an inherent duty to assuage the public panic with factual information, these vultures are all over Trump because of this petty BS?  Thankfully, Trump didn't back down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 08:37:31 pm »
I listened to this part of the presser today on the radio, and it really pissed me off.  At a time where the press has an inherent duty to assuage the public panic with factual information, these vultures are all over Trump because of this petty BS?  Thankfully, Trump didn't back down.

I think the president is a little overwhelmed and maybe to some degree in over this head with all this simply because we’ve never seen anything like this in my life. But I think he’s handling it as well as he can based on the circumstance and I’m glad to see him holding more frequent press conferences

Let the press and the Democrats take their petty little shots from the sidelines. If the Democratic Party and the media think that the biggest issue is calling a deadly virus the Chinese virus well, let them stay occupied with that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 11:49:29 pm »
I think the president is a little overwhelmed and maybe to some degree in over this head with all this simply because we’ve never seen anything like this in my life. But I think he’s handling it as well as he can based on the circumstance and I’m glad to see him holding more frequent press conferences

Let the press and the Democrats take their petty little shots from the sidelines. If the Democratic Party and the media think that the biggest issue is calling a deadly virus the Chinese virus well, let them stay occupied with that

I agree with you. His press conference was good but he looked beat down when he walked off.

I'm not sure what people want. This virus is an unknown. What the heck to people want? And as far as I can tell...yes it came from China.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:59 am »

I agree with you. His press conference was good but he looked beat down when he walked off.

I'm not sure what people want. This virus is an unknown. What the heck to people want? And as far as I can tell...yes it came from China.

Plus he has a reelection campaign to try to run on top of it.  I’m sympathetic. I would be with anyone who had to deal with this while being POTUS

Barry Goldwater