Author Topic: 18 Mar 2020- Stock and Financial Markets Discussion Thread  (Read 1321 times)

Online libertybele

Re: 18 Mar 2020- Stock and Financial Markets Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 09:59:29 pm »
I'm of the opinion government's response to the virus has been a mistake.  They should have advised the elderly to separate where possible and let the others live their lives.  The virus would have run its course under either "curve" but now we are left with an economic depression.

Forecasters are saying that we are heading into a recessions -- I think you are correct -- depression is more like it.  With our debt, I certainly don't think I'll see an economic up tick in my lifetime.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 10:06:37 pm »
We desperately needed another Calvin Coolidge; we elected another Herbert Hoover.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Online Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 10:59:10 pm »
We desperately needed another Calvin Coolidge; we elected another Herbert Hoover.

If Hoover had been re-elected in '32, we would have been out of the Depression for good by '34.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 12:25:52 am »
I paid $1.64 for gas today.
Just dream if we could eliminate the taxes on it we could be talking about under a buck a gallon.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 12:34:42 pm »
18 Mar 2020 2:00 pm CDT update

**nononono*

DJIA - down 9.7% @19,262
S & P 500 - down 8.7%
NASDAQ - down 7.2%

Gold $1498/oz.

WTI- $20.87/bbl.  Off session low of $20.06/bbl.

:cool:
Spouse pretty much stated I needed a day or two  off from Financial Network Televison, web sites, and discussion.  The Lasagane bribe worked pretty well.  Keep the faith......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.