Author Topic: People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims

Scientists studied the breakdown of coronavirus patients by their blood type 
    People with type A blood were significantly more likely to contract virus 
    In the general population Type O blood (34%) is more common than A (32%)
    But in the infected this was reversed with Type O just 25% while Type A was 41%
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

By Joe Pinkstone For Mailonline

Published: 14:53 EDT, 17 March 2020 | Updated: 20:45 EDT, 17 March 2020

People with Type A blood are significantly more likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, Chinese academics have found.

The study in Wuhan - the epicentre of the disease - also found those with Type A blood are more likely to die from COVID-19.

In the general population Type O blood (34%) is more common than A (32%). However, among COVID-19 patients, people with Type O accounted for just 25%, whereas Type A made up 41%.

People with Type O blood made up a quarter (25 per cent) of deaths in the research. Normally, Type O people make up 32 per cent of people in Wuhan.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8122493/People-Type-blood-likely-catch-coronavirus.html?ito=facebook_share_article-facebook_preferred-top&fbclid=IwAR0Yr1XbVYgWcSL5f5gPEK3lyzyc8XjlkuCyyCdzzpk2cZR60N9EVlrWgWs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A peculiar correlation, but not a particularly strong one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Yay, I finally have something going for me!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I saw this yesterday and almost pooped myself. Then I realized it really doesn’t have enough numbers or information to be definite.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

I saw this yesterday and almost pooped myself. Then I realized it really doesn’t have enough numbers or information to be definite.
Like just about every other statistic we've been seeing, it may be completely irrelevant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

Type A with COPD here.

This news just keeps getting better by the day!

:cool:

Online libertybele

Type A with COPD here.

This news just keeps getting better by the day!

:cool:
Aw, don't feel bad.  I'm type O, but I have 3 heart stents, on a statin that seems to be the culprit of my BP rising to crisis levels at any given time, and now I found out I'm pre-diabetes ... yet...I need to stay on the statin -- so they tell me.  So ... I have 3 issues that are likely to cause fatality if I get this virus.  I have some other health issues as well in addition to that mess. Cheers!  Aging is such fun!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:02:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.