Author Topic: Texas Governor Activates National Guard  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Governor Activates National Guard
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter
March 17, 2020 2:01 PM ET

The governor of Texas activated the state’s National Guard on Tuesday in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that he activated the National Guard as a preparative measure intended to ensure that the agency could assist “in various forms throughout the state when needed,” according to a press release from the governor’s office.

“By activating the Texas National Guard, we are ensuring Texas is prepared as we continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19,” Abbott said in a statement.

He added: “I am grateful to the men and women of the National Guard for their dedication to serving their fellow Texans, and want to assure the public that this is a precautionary measure to make sure the Texas National Guard has the capability to serve at a moment’s notice where they are needed most.”

Those who are members of the Texas National Guard and are health care workers and first responders will be excluded from activating “so that they can continue serving the people of Texas in their respective fields.”

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/17/texas-governor-activates-national-guard/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Texas Governor Activates National Guard
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:37:27 pm »
Sad but probably has to be done.

And these National Guardsman, Border Patrol, Police and so on, are taking risks, I don't know how much of one but it appears to me, quite a bit.