Author Topic: Poll: Americans Don't Trust What They're Hearing From Trump On Coronavirus  (Read 2007 times)

Offline LMAO

@LMAO, are irrelevant straw man arguments your favorite go-to?

Methinks you don’t know what a strawman argument is

I’m not making an argument.  I simply asked a question. Unless I’m reading What others are trying to say incorrectly, it seems that some are dismissing this poll. Are they dismissing it because they believe the president really is trustworthy and his word on this issue can be trusted?Or are they simply dismissing it because they don’t like what they’re hearing? Or is it a lopsided poll heavily skewed towards Democrats versus Republicans?

I’m actually curious as to why people think this poll is wrong. I believe the poll is  correct and I do believe that the president does have trust worthiness issues which is kind of plaguing him.  I haven’t claimed anything for anybody else

I remember the recent good old days when a former member was called out for simply dismissing things that he didn’t like to hear. I have not heard an intellectual argument as of yet why this poll is wrong

Hopefully that will help clear things up for you
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:10:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

So the official position  is this poll is wrong?

Another straw man from a forest thereof?

I don't know where you get "official", but personally I've taken opinion polls - regardless of results - with an ever-growing block of salt, for several decades. The canyon between MSM Presidential polls in 2016 and the actual election outcome made that block of salt a mountain. Why do you seem to have a problem with people disbelieving opinion polls?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

I’m not making an argument.  I simply asked a question.

I know what a straw man argument is. In this thread, I said nothing about how credible I find President Trump to be, and yet you are trying to create an issue about something I did not say. And I'm not taking that bait.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

I know what a straw man argument is. In this thread, I said nothing about how credible I find President Trump to be, and yet you are trying to create an issue about something I did not say. And I'm not taking that bait.

I must’ve struck a nerve...

Instead of getting upset and angry why don’t you go read my  first reply to you because I added  to it

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The best bet for the president is let his public health officials speak OFTEN

Absolutely.

Offline LMAO

Another straw man from a forest thereof?

I don't know where you get "official", but personally I've taken opinion polls - regardless of results - with an ever-growing block of salt, for several decades. The canyon between MSM Presidential polls in 2016 and the actual election outcome made that block of salt a mountain. Why do you seem to have a problem with people disbelieving opinion polls?

You need to cool down a little bit. I’m just curious as to why people think this poll is wrong. Again, I have not heard any arguments why  it’s wrong and all I get is you repeating “2016, 2016”

Give me a reason why this poll is wrong. Does it, for example, over sample Democrats which would skew the results

It appears to me, and correct me if I’m misreading it, but some are simply stating the poll is wrong and deciding that’s going to be the position without telling me why
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:40:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I’m not making an argument.  I simply asked a question. Unless I’m reading What others are trying to say incorrectly, it seems that some are dismissing this poll. Are they dismissing it because they believe the president really is trustworthy and his word on this issue can be trusted?Or are they simply dismissing it because they don’t like what they’re hearing? Or is it a lopsided Paul as heavily skewed towards Democrats versus Republicans?

I’m actually curious as to why people think this poll is wrong. I believe the poll is  correct and I do believe that the president does have trust worthiness issues which is kind of plaguing him.  I haven’t claimed anything for anybody else

I remember the recent good old days when a former member was called out for simply dismissing things that he didn’t like to hear. I have not heard an intellectual argument as of yet why this poll is wrong

Speaking for myself, I don't think this poll is any less accurate than any another media poll:  Totally worthless as a gauge of public opinion. :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:48:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Polls have been unreliable for quite awhile, why oh why should I believe this poll?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, 53% overall. Not bad considering I get nothing but Fake & Corrupt News, day and night. “Russia, Russia, Russia”, then “the Ukraine Scam (where’s the Whistleblower?)”, the “Impeachment Hoax”, and more, more, more....
8:29 AM · Mar 18, 2020

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....Also, according to the Daily Caller, leading Sleepy Joe Biden in Florida, 48% to 42%.

He is totally steadfast in tirelessly solving the spread of the virus and calming the markets with this self-aggrandizing and possibly unreliable poll tweet today.  Do you judge my President for spreading the great news about his huge popularity?

I’m not making an argument.  I simply asked a question. Unless I’m reading What others are trying to say incorrectly, it seems that some are dismissing this poll. Are they dismissing it because they believe the president really is trustworthy and his word on this issue can be trusted?Or are they simply dismissing it because they don’t like what they’re hearing? Or is it a lopsided Paul as heavily skewed towards Democrats versus Republicans?

goopo

Offline LMAO

Speaking for myself, I don't think this poll is any less accurate than any another media poll:  Totally worthless as a gauge of public opinion. :shrug:

It’s been my experience that people tend to embrace polls they like and dismiss those they don’t.

I’m not pointing that at you but people in general. Human nature. I understand polls can be wrong and the 2016 presidential poll is a perfect example but they can also be right whether one likes the results or not

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It’s been my experience that people tend to embrace polls they like and dismiss those they don’t.

I’m not pointing that at you but people in general. Human nature. I understand polls can be wrong and the 2016 presidential poll is a perfect example but they can also be right whether one likes the results or not

The predictive ability of media polls have been equal to the toss of a coin for years.  I should clarify, there are polls that can be believed, but because they are proprietary we don't often hear about them.  I make my observations about polls applicable only to media polls, like NBC, Gallup, etc.  Those are commissioned by people pushing an agenda.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

The predictive ability of media polls have been equal to the toss of a coin for years.  I should clarify, there are polls that can be believed, but because they are proprietary we don't often hear about them.  I make my observations about polls applicable only to media polls, like NBC, Gallup, etc.  Those are commissioned by people pushing an agenda.

I also think mixed in is just people’s mistrust of government in general

Biden is going to attempt to paint himself as the Washington outsider who has all these great plans to fix these issues yet he’s been in Washington since the 1980s

Although in his defense, he’s probably forgotten that he’s been in Washington all these years

Barry Goldwater

Offline skeeter

The only purpose of the poll is to gauge the effectiveness of their propaganda.

Yes indeed. How else are they gonna know what to report?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO taunts us:
"Who considers Donald Trump an honest, trustworthy  person?  Would anybody here, based on his history,  be eager to do business with him?"

I'd trust him more than I'd trust you.
I'd prefer to do business with him more than I would with you.
How does that suit you?

Offline skeeter

LMAO taunts us:
"Who considers Donald Trump an honest, trustworthy  person?  Would anybody here, based on his history,  be eager to do business with him?"

How does that suit you?

The rat media & left has lied diligently to build the 'Trump lies' narrative.

Some have actually bought it.

Offline LMAO

LMAO taunts us:

How does that suit you?

I’ve never been accused of stiffing contractors so there’s that

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

The rat media & left has lied diligently to build the 'Trump lies' narrative.

Some have actually bought it.

I’m curious who  you think is buying the media narrative?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:30:45 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline skeeter

I’m curious who  you think is “buying the media narrative?”

Sounds like you have.

Offline LMAO

Sounds like you have.

Can you point out to me which media lie regarding Donald Trump that I’m buying?   Just one

Barry Goldwater

Offline skeeter

Can you point out to me which media lie regarding Donald Trump that I’m buying?   Just one
Lol. I'm drawing my conclusion from your comments on this thread, and the performance Trump has turned in since becoming president.

Maybe you should tell me why you consider Trump remarkably untrustworthy.

Offline LMAO

So no answer to my question. I had no expectation that I would get one so I’m not particularly disappointed.

I’m starting to feel some sympathy for Dexter. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:47:13 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

So no answer to my question. I had no expectation that I would get one so I’m not particularly disappointed.

Great posts @LMAO .  I'm staying out of it because 1. Anything I write will get discounted.  Some people think I'm anti-Trump, and 2.  You are doing awesome, nakedly exposing the thought conditioning protecting some Trump fans.  Beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:27:18 am by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

Well, it is kind of a dumb question @LMAO. You're asking me to recount your own specific thought processes, in detail.

I, on the other hand, asked you to explain your own comments. A much more reasonable request.

Which you didn't do, BTW.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:23:56 pm by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

A melee almost broke out at Kroger this morning.  A shopper in the checkout line remarked that Trump was to blame for all of this, at which point several other shoppers took strong exception to the comment.  Cooler heads prevailed though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mod5