Author Topic: 11 Most Expensive Catastrophes - My Website  (Read 1123 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
11 Most Expensive Catastrophes - My Website
« on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:45 pm »
http://11MostExpensiveCatastrophes.blogspot.com

11 Most Expensive Catastrophes in History

# 11. Titanic - $150 Million

April 15, 1912, the Titanic sank on its maiden voyage and was considered to be the most luxurious ocean liner ever built. The ship cost $7 million to build ($150 million in today's dollars).

# 10. Tanker Truck vs Bridge - $358 Million

On August 26, 2004, a car collided with a tanker truck containing 32,000 liters of fuel on the Wiehltal Bridge in Germany . Temporary repairs cost $40 million and the cost to replace the bridge was $318 Million.

#9. MetroLink Crash - $500 Million

September 12, 2008, in what was one of the worst train crashes in California history, 25 people were killed when a Metrolink commuter train crashed head-on into a Union Pacific freight train in Los Angeles . Wrongful death lawsuits are expected to cause $500 million in losses for Metrolink.

# 8. B-2 Bomber Crash - $1.4 Billion

Guam, February 23, 2008. Investigators blamed distorted data in the flight control computers caused by moisture in the system.

# 7. Exxon Valdez - $2.5 Billion

March 24, 1989, 10.8 million gallons of oil was spilled when Captain Joseph Hazelwood, left the controls and the ship crashed into a Reef.

# 6. Piper Alpha Oil Rig - $3.4 Billion

# 5. Challenger Explosion - $5.5 Billion

# 4. Prestige Oil Spill - $12 Billion

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist