Author Topic: Ace Reach No.1 45 Years After Release of ‘How Long’  (Read 475 times)

Offline mrclose

My 'other half' and I were talking about this last week because we are both ... really really old and because of the Amazon commercial.

No, the song is not about infidelity! 😏

How long does it take to get a No.1 hit? In the case of the ‘70s group Ace, fronted by singer Paul Carrack, the answer is 45 years.

The British band’s 1975 single “How Long” originally reached No.3 when it was released, but this week it made it to No.1 on Billboard's Rock Digital Song Sales chart, selling 4,000 downloads, reaching 831,000 streams and increasing sales by more than 2000 percent.

The reason behind the song's sudden return to popularity is its use in a new ad for Amazon Prime titled “Binge Cheat,” which features the song’s opening line, “How long has this been going on?”

Ace released three albums before breaking up. Carrack went on to work with Roxy Music, Squeeze, Roger Waters, Ringo Starr and, notably, the Genesis offshoot Mike + the Mechanics – he was their lead singer on the hits “The Living Years” and “Over My Shoulder.”

Carrack was also frequently seen onstage with Eric Clapton.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ace-how-long/

Keeps saying message body is empty and the video wont embed!?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:08:36 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Re: Ace Reach No.1 45 Years After Release of ‘How Long’
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 12:41:31 am »
video urls aren't working?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:42:26 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline skeeter