Author Topic: Trump 'strongly considering' Flynn pardon  (Read 859 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump 'strongly considering' Flynn pardon
« on: March 15, 2020, 07:52:04 pm »
Trump 'strongly considering' Flynn pardon
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

President Trump announced Sunday that he is "strongly considering" a pardon for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators conducting the Russia investigation.

Flynn had been scheduled to be sentenced in late February, but Judge Emmet Sullivan postponed it indefinitely after prosecutors filed a rare motion to delay a number of approaching deadlines that would have made the Feb. 27 sentencing date unlikely. Flynn had also moved to withdraw his guilty plea, claiming that federal prosecutors had acted in bad faith.

"So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has 'lost' the records of General Michael Flynn," Trump tweeted. "How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!"

Trump's claim that the FBI said the "lost" records related to Flynn echoes a motion filed on Flynn's behalf in January that highlighted information that has come to light since Flynn's guilty plea -- including that no precise record of Flynn's statements to agents exists and that the original handwritten FD-302 witness report from the interview is "missing," with subsequent versions later "edited" in some undisclosed manner by anti-Trump FBI officials.

Flynn's case stemmed from a 2017 FBI interview, in which he was asked about his conversations with former Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak. Flynn ultimately admitted to making false statements regarding those conversations during his interview, as part of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, but has since changed course.

In a court filing, Flynn's lawyers said the Justice Department was attempting to "rewrite history" by withdrawing its recommendation that he be sentenced to probation and by suggesting he had not been forthcoming or cooperative.

"It's just been one atrocity after the other," Flynn's attorney Sidney Powell told Fox News' Sean Hannity in January. "They breached the plea agreement when they tried to withdraw their motion to recommend that he was going to be given probation," she said.

The Justice Department, led by Attorney General Bill Barr, is now reviewing the handling of Flynn's case.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-strongly-considering-flynn-pardon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:52:53 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump 'strongly considering' Flynn pardon
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 08:12:41 pm »
Gateway Pundit by Cristina Laila March 15, 2020

President Trump Blasts Corrupt FBI, DOJ For ‘Conveniently Losing’ Flynn’s Records – Says He is “Strongly Considering a Full Pardon”

President Trump on Sunday afternoon lashed out at the corrupt FBI and DOJ for ‘losing’ General Mike Flynn’s records and asserted that he is “strongly considering a full pardon.”

TRUMP: So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has “lost” the records of General Michael Flynn. How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/president-trump-blasts-corrupt-fbi-doj-for-conveniently-losing-flynns-records-says-he-is-strongly-considering-a-full-pardon/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:04 pm »
It's still premature.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 10:22:57 pm »
It's still premature.

Flynn, Page and others are the product of attempted Coup d'Etat,  entrapment, etc.

They deserve pardons, and the operatives that perpetuate that fraud, deserve prosecution.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 10:30:27 pm »
Flynn, Page and others are the product of attempted Coup d'Etat,  entrapment, etc.

They deserve pardons, and the operatives that perpetuate that fraud, deserve prosecution.

All true, but the truism applies:  If the unfair system isn't allowed to play out, Flynn, Page and by extension President Trump will be painted as guilty.  That's not fair, either but it's as predictable as Chuckie Schumer calling Trump "incompetent" when the sun comes up tomorrow. rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 10:33:38 pm »
Topics merged.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 10:35:29 pm »

Flynn should immediately be spared any more financial burden of retaining lawyers in what clearly is a political prosecution. I don't know of any other way to do that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 10:52:33 pm »
Flynn should immediately be spared any more financial burden of retaining lawyers in what clearly is a political prosecution. I don't know of any other way to do that.

You make a good point.  There's no way GoFundMe is going to allow any of these guys to start a crowd funding page.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 11:04:01 pm »
You make a good point.  There's no way GoFundMe is going to allow any of these guys to start a crowd funding page.

Being impoverished by having to defend oneself against an omnipotent government is a punishment unto itself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 11:14:14 pm »
Being impoverished by having to defend oneself against an omnipotent government is a punishment unto itself.

A couple of lawyers we used to have posting always thought that was fine and dandy.  Needless to say I had words about it with them.  They don't think or care that the Process is really the Punishment.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 11:19:27 pm »
A couple of lawyers we used to have posting always thought that was fine and dandy.  Needless to say I had words about it with them.  They don't think or care that the Process is really the Punishment.

I recall.

I hope Flynn's lawyer fees are tax deductible, at least.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 11:49:57 pm »
In civil law, when a party in a suit "loses" requested/subpoenaed records and such, that "loss" is interpreted as evidence against their case. So this "loss" should be interpreted as proof the government withheld exculpatory evidence.

IMO, the case should be dismissed with prejudice, and the government should reimburse every penny Flynn has spent in defending himself.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 12:01:31 am »
In civil law, when a party in a suit "loses" requested/subpoenaed records and such, that "loss" is interpreted as evidence against their case. So this "loss" should be interpreted as proof the government withheld exculpatory evidence.

IMO, the case should be dismissed with prejudice, and the government should reimburse every penny Flynn has spent in defending himself.

Plus Interest.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 12:25:11 am »

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 12:44:06 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 12:52:28 am »

:yowsa:  :amen: plus a like amount for pain and suffering.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien