Author Topic: Champaign Illinois First Locality to Cite “Emergency Powers” to Ban Gun Transfers  (Read 768 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NRA-ILA 3/13/2020

National Alert: Champaign Illinois First Locality to Cite “Emergency Powers” to Ban Gun Transfers

As uncertainty about the COVID-19 outbreak continues to swirl, it is clear that anti-gun extremists and elected officials will use fear of the unknown to advance their agenda to undermine our firearms freedom.  Not surprisingly, it didn’t take them long to try and quietly pass and implement gun control schemes while Americans are focused on ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their families.  ​

Today, an ordinance has passed in Champaign, IL, to empower the mayor to “order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, dispensing or giving away of … firearms or ammunition of any character whatsoever.”  This action must be swiftly opposed and NRA members in the area have been alerted and are responding to the threat.

The ordinance in Champaign serves as a warning bell to law-abiding gun owners nationwide.  We must be on high alert for any attempts to destroy the Second Amendment in jurisdictions throughout the country.

We don’t have to guess that when emotions are running high, some politicians will exploit the situation to overstep their bounds. We know this.  We’ve seen it time and time again, including in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, more recently in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and even in a North Carolina city in the face of unusually harsh winter weather. This is hardly an exhaustive list of such abuses.

More: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200313/national-alert-champaign-illinois-first-locality-to-cite-emergency-powers-to-ban-gun-transfers

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

National Alert: Champaign Illinois First Locality to Cite “Emergency Powers” to Ban Gun Transfers

A municipal ordinance trumps the U.S. constitution?  Sounds like the wrong kind of emergency,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

If I were lying in my sickbed with the flu or corona virus - coughing, feverish, achy - I'm sure my only thought would be, "Gee, I really need to drag myself to the gun shop for another 9mm." Is this woman completely unaware of how normal people function?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Well this was predictable.

Its also the fastest way, for better or worse, to convince the public that they shouldn't listen to their government in the event of a crisis.

Offline verga

If I were lying in my sickbed with the flu or corona virus - coughing, feverish, achy - I'm sure my only thought would be, "Gee, I really need to drag myself to the gun shop for another 9mm." Is this woman completely unaware of how normal people function?
She is a liberal, so  :yowsa:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.