Yes
5 (27.8%)
No
13 (72.2%)
Nunya Bidness
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 04:55:07 pm

Author Topic: Panic or stockpiling buying this week?  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Panic or stockpiling buying this week?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 08:04:02 pm »
Good time to be doing Keto and Intermittent Fasting.  For health and saving food stocks.

I don't think the Keto diet is all that healthy.  Any diet that severely restricts or cuts out altogether certain food groups does not give the body the nutrition it needs to function properly.  Plus I hear the diet emphasizes too much meat.  Too much meat can raise cholesterol, damage the liver and cause gout, among other things

And as for intermittent fasting -- personally, I like to eat so that wouldn't work too well for me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Panic or stockpiling buying this week?
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2020, 11:02:47 pm »
Good time to be doing Keto and Intermittent Fasting.  For health and saving food stocks.
All the uncertainty and the mass closures have killed my appetite. (Which is not horrible; I've let myself go and could afford to lose a few pounds.)

Keto, blech. I tried keto for a short while, after reading a real-life friend of mine preach how it was the epitome of good health. I lost some weight, and didn't have any real cravings for sugar, but there were some weird side effects and I decided a balanced diet was still best. (The guy who was pushing keto... well, he ended up getting hospitalized for some kidney issues, and all of a sudden his pro-keto line stopped.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024